• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Touch Screen + Normal Control, Yay or Nay?

Teasel

i'm talking about games like Metroid Prime Hunters and Mario Hoops 3 on 3
the combination works in a nice way (especialy on Mario Hoops) but it feels awfull on the hands since you have to use one hand to both keeping your grip on the DS AND controlling the game! so Yay or Nay?

Caaz

Works really, really great on MPH. Couldn't have been better. But I do agree... my hand feels kind of numb after playing.

Animal

Banned
Well it controls fine in MPH its just my left wrist gets tired from having to hold up the machine and use my thumb to control Samus. I often have to adjust the way i hold the machine to be able to properly hit one of the directions on the D-pad. This makes my hand/wrist very tired very quick.

And no I am not a little scrawny kid that needs to drink more milk.

agent069

Banned
If you only use the cross OR only use the L button, it's ok, it's not very comfortable but it's fine, but when you have to use both the cross, the L button and the touch screen it's awful. I can't play Metroid Prime Hunter because of that.

For me confort>efficiency, MPH über fast and precise but it's a pain to play, I have the same problem with PC games, keyboard+mouse is really efficient, but te keyword really isn't comfortable, it's so square and rigid, it looks like it wasn't design to be used with hands. That's the reason I prefer playing with a pad, stick aren't as precise as a mouth, there's much more button on the keyboard, so PC games can be more complex and more efficient, but it's not comfortable :(

I also don't like DS games that controls with the button but sometimes requires the touch screen in the middle of the gameplay, you have to grab the stylus and it completely ruin the feeling of the game.

The best remains stylus control with no buttons but that kinda limits the gameplay, which isn't such a bad thing for a handheld machine imo.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Roelatie said:
Try fapping afterwards, it feels like its someone else :lol
"I've got this new move called the Stranger. I sit on my hand for 15-20 minutes then I rub one out"-Gone In 60 Seconds

:lol

Roelatie

Bad_Boy said:
"I've got this new move called the Stranger. I sit on my hand for 15-20 minutes then I rub one out"-Gone In 60 Seconds

:lol
Thats how you use the waggle stick B)

you're a bad boy:lol

Top Bottom