• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tower Of Fantasy Global Release Trailer

Vasto

Planet Aida, a new world devastated by the Omnium Cataclysm many years ago. People now struggle to restore hope, freedom, and order. What will be your choice at the crossroads of destiny? ⚔️ Embark together on your fantasy adventure Tower of Fantasy Launch coming August 10 for PC and Mobile.

https://www.toweroffantasy-global.com/index.html

Last edited:
Genshin but Not Genshin. There is a rising trend of these Open World Gachas like Tower of Fantasy, the incoming Seven Deadly Sins gacha, Ni No Kuni Crossworlds (which got dominated by NFT bots bloating the servers), and there must be more than a few dozen that I don't care to look into. We need less Gacha and GaaS type of games.

Reactions: Fuz
Indeed. A good first step would probably be to not amplifying them, either through advertising, word of mouth, or months old threads.
Can't wait for legislation to say something about this degenerated genre, but we all know that fucking lobbyists will do their best to stop any attempt at regulation. It's sickening.

saintjules

Genshin but Not Genshin. There is a rising trend of these Open World Gachas like Tower of Fantasy, the incoming Seven Deadly Sins gacha, Ni No Kuni Crossworlds (which got dominated by NFT bots bloating the servers), and there must be more than a few dozen that I don't care to look into. We need less Gacha and GaaS type of games.

You must have seen something about this game for bumping the thread, no?

You must have seen something about this game for bumping the thread, no?
Most certainly did. Played the beta. I criticize the whole genre because I've played and still play my fair share of it throughout the years. I find the monetization egregious but some of them are "fairly reasonable" in their balance between grinding/power fantasy/long-term enjoyment from a F2P and P2W perspective. After all, they are a business aiming to make the most money out of their customers and deceitful practices are to be expected from said companies. I don't condemn the model entirely, but it does not have a favorable view from me.

Boneless

PC and mobile....

Oh No Seriously GIF by GifGari

BlackTron

Most certainly did. Played the beta. I criticize the whole genre because I've played and still play my fair share of it throughout the years. I find the monetization egregious but some of them are "fairly reasonable" in their balance between grinding/power fantasy/long-term enjoyment from a F2P and P2W perspective. After all, they are a business aiming to make the most money out of their customers and deceitful practices are to be expected from said companies. I don't condemn the model entirely, but it does not have a favorable view from me.

You still play these? While saying "deceitful practices are to be expected"?

Why are you making excuses over something you can't wait until we have legislation over? Just uninstall all of that shit.

Unless you want to play no matter what and hope that maybe if government gets mad you won't have to pay so much. Until then, keep on playing the games and financing the lobbyists lol.

Tower of Fantasy has been out in China for awhile now and has been heavily criticized by people who played that version.

It's free so you can see for yourself but I'm not exactly optimistic about it because China says it's shit.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
You still play these? While saying "deceitful practices are to be expected"?

Why are you making excuses over something you can't wait until we have legislation over? Just uninstall all of that shit.

Unless you want to play no matter what and hope that maybe if government gets mad you won't have to pay so much. Until then, keep on playing the games and financing the lobbyists lol.

Some people can... grit their teeth and put up with all the shit designed to annoy you into paying. I on the other hand just cannot put up with a game that has been designed to annoy you with the intent to make you spend money.

Sure I would question why they don't just play the abundance of better games that are available (unless he's restricted to mobile then it's limited) but if they can manage to thread that line more power to them.

But for me GaaS and gatcha games like these need to die completely as the first step to games slowly returning to a quality experience outside of Indie and a smaller and smaller handful of big publisher games.

Last edited:

BlackTron

Some people can... grit their teeth and put up with all the shit designed to annoy you into paying. I on the other hand just cannot put up with a game that has been designed to annoy you with the intent to make you spend money.

I agree, this is obvious from the very outset of even looking at any of these games, which is why I just delete it from my brain immediately and move on.

Why should I wait until a game reveals its hand of wanting to annoy me until I pay something off? Why not just walk away immediately if I know that is going to happen?

If you pay, you lose. If you tolerate a game designed to make you want to pay, you lose. So where does the point come in? Oh, yeah. Instant gratification to play a pretty, "free" game.

Last edited:

Yamisan

Played about 8 hours and its horrible. Makes me really appreciate the hard work that was put into Genshin,

Fuz

Banned
It's a mess of bugs.

Avoid it and try when (IF) they fix all that shit.

Last edited:
Played about 8 hours and its horrible. Makes me really appreciate the hard work that was put into Genshin,
Yeeep, the art direction is boring as hell, the graphics are pretty bad and character movement is weightless, as well as janky. Combat sucks too, spam click, press 1/2/3. Unlocked "King" the edgy red head on a lucky pull, not even their 5 star characters are fun to play.

nikos

Played for over seven hours yesterday with no issues. Really enjoying it so far. Can’t wait to play again today.

I am surprised you stuck it out for that long. I played for about an hour and quit. Genshin has way more polish and smoother gameplay. Maybe they will iron out the jank and bugs, but something tells me they wont.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I still don't understand why they didn't name the place Planet Aids instead, it would fit with the whole GaaS gatcha theme.

LordCBH

It’s jank. But it’s kinda fun. The controller support on pc is flat garbage though. Essentially combat only. Can’t interact with npcs with a controller, can’t collect resources with a controller, can’t navigate menus. I’ll keep playing for now cause I’m enjoying the gameplay, but they’ll need to work on the bugs.

Yamisan

It’s jank. But it’s kinda fun. The controller support on pc is flat garbage though. Essentially combat only. Can’t interact with npcs with a controller, can’t collect resources with a controller, can’t navigate menus. I’ll keep playing for now cause I’m enjoying the gameplay, but they’ll need to work on the bugs.
I can interact with npcs and gather materials just fine using a 360 controller. I just can't do menus at all.

LordCBH

I can interact with npcs and gather materials just fine using a 360 controller. I just can't do menus at all.

What button does it have you push? Trying to interact with anything just has the standard F key assigned from keyboard for me

manfestival

Isn't the big draw to this game the pvp which is comprised of 1v1 and a BR mode? I mean yeah there is pve but I have only ever heard people talking about the pvp in the game like the pve doesn't matter or just is some sort of catalyst for those that are into the pvp.

Yamisan

What button does it have you push? Trying to interact with anything just has the standard F key assigned from keyboard for me
can't remember if it was A or B. I haven't touched the game since my first play, lol. But the controller worked fine for everything except menus. I'm just sticking to Genshin and Honkai Impact 3rd.

kikii

I am surprised you stuck it out for that long. I played for about an hour and quit. Genshin has way more polish and smoother gameplay. Maybe they will iron out the jank and bugs, but something tells me they wont.
well other is mmo and other isnt, both are still kinda meh :p

LordCBH

can't remember if it was A or B. I haven't touched the game since my first play, lol. But the controller worked fine for everything except menus. I'm just sticking to Genshin and Honkai Impact 3rd.

I eventually figured it out. It’s b. The game just doesn’t tell you lol

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Take a look at this comparison trailer for Tower of Fantasy showcasing Nvidia DLSS 3 with RTX On.

Embark on a fantasy adventure in the open-world MMORPG, Tower of Fantasy, enhanced with the AI-accelerated power of NVIDIA DLSS 3 – coming April 2023 with RTX On.

Top Bottom