• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toy Story 3 too sad for comfort?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain N

I'm not sure if anyone wants to know the outline of what will happen in Toy Story 3 so I will cover it up with Spoiler tags.

Toy Story 2 Ending
at the end of Toy Story 2 Buzz and Woody make peace with the fact that Andy will grow up one day.

Toy Story 3 opening
Andy grows up and is leaving for college

Toy Story 3 according to IMDB
Woody, Buzz, and the rest of their toy-box friends are dumped in a day-care center after their owner, Andy, departs for college. Meanwhile, Hamm, Rex and Mr. Potato Head begin a quest to find their long lost twin brothers.

I don't know about you guys & gals, but it seems like Toy Story 3 will probably be even sadder than Toy Story 2. I'm not afraid to admit that I may have gotten a little choked up during TS2. I can't see how TS3 won't be sad.

Xeke

Banned
Toys get sold at yard sale > taken on cross country move > get lost and have to get to their home is true homeward bound style.

Phobophile

A scientist and gentleman in the manner of Batman.
Just make Andy into a mouthbreathing computer science major. BAM--a manchild who'll never get rid of his toys.

If the rumored Toy Story 3 ending is true you will walk out of the theater with a smile on your face.

I'm not kidding here, there is a very good chance this is the actual leaked movie ending:
The toys end up at a preschool, to be loved/enjoyed by children forever.

Why does Disney allow Pixar to work on the sequels to their IP's, but movies like the Lion King 2 and other major Disney sequels get farmed out, and pushed to direct to DVD releses?

Blu_LED said:
Why does Disney allow Pixar to work on the sequels to their IP's, but movies like the Lion King 2 and other major Disney sequels get farmed out, and pushed to direct to DVD releses?

they don't get farmed out, they're made by Disney and Disney sucks. They were originally going to do Toy Story 3 in-house themselves but part of the new deal between the two was that Pixar got it back. If it were up to Disney Toy Story would be whored out just as much as Little Mermaid or Aladdin are.

Darko

Blu_LED said:

Toy Story 2 was suppsed to be direct to dvd I belive.. they would never farm out a pixar sequel to another studio, just wouldnt make sense

a Master Ninja said:
I'm not kidding here, there is a very good chance this is the actual leaked movie ending:
The toys end up at a preschool, to be loved/enjoyed by children forever.

:lol :lol :lol

big_z

Toys get sold at yard sale > taken on cross country move > get lost and have to get to their home is true homeward bound style.

sadly the whole adventure to find someone or get somewhere makes up 95% of cg movies these days.

most likely the toys will get passed on to a new child and live happily ever after but if pixar has balls it will end with andy throwing the toys into a bonfire. thus making it impossible for disney to milk the series anymore.

Ninja Scooter said:
they don't get farmed out, they're made by Disney and Disney sucks. They were originally going to do Toy Story 3 in-house themselves but part of the new deal between the two was that Pixar got it back. If it were up to Disney Toy Story would be whored out just as much as Little Mermaid or Aladdin are.
If they aren't farmed out, how does the same team that made glorious The Lion King go on to make the piece of shit Lion Kind 2 and Lion King 1 1/2? Why doesn't Disney allow them to work their creative magic that made the first movie?

Blu_LED said:
If they aren't farmed out, how does the same team that made glorious The Lion King go on to make the piece of shit Lion Kind 2 and Lion King 1 1/2? Why doesn't Disney allow them to work their creative magic that made the first movie?

i'd figure that its either A) not exactly the same people within the company that work on the sequels and/or B) they aren't given the same kind of budget and time flexibility to make a quick cash-in straight to video movie as they would with a full feature film.

Captain N

Ninja Scooter said:

Most of Disney didn't want to do Toy Story 3 in-house. Tom Hanks said he wouldn't come back without Pixar. They booted Michael Eisner out of Disney and bought Pixar.

Darko

Blu_LED said:

cause they realized they could do HALF THE WORK AND MAKE THE SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY :lol

trinest

big_z said:
most likely the toys will get passed on to a new child and live happily ever after but if pixar has balls it will end with andy throwing the toys into a bonfire. thus making it impossible for disney to milk the series anymore.

If that happend- I would go see it in the movies, buy the dvd, then buy the blu-ray. Good riddins to bad rubish.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Toy Story 3: Sid's Revenge!

sid-2.jpg

10 years after the first Toy Story, Sid has finally planned his revenge. After faking a college acceptance for Andy to get him out of the house, Andy and Family leave to take him to school. Sid breaks in to exact revenge upon the toys that wronged him.

Darko

big_z said:

:lol that would be epic.. that or andy knocking up some bitch and giving it to his illegimate son

Darko said:
cause they realized they could do HALF THE WORK AND MAKE THE SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY :lol
I guess. It seems ridiculous from my standpoint but from a business standpoint it makes more sense then anything.

Sorry to get off topic, but does anyone know how exactly their old animation process worked? Did they break up into teams inside of the "Walt Disney Animation Studio" to work on specific projects, or did all of the Animation Studio work on one project at a time? When exactly was the magic lost for them, and why? I mean, the last really good, fully animated movie with that "Disney-feel" come out was Tarzan. That was back in 1999.

Branduil

Xeke said:
I liked that movie when it was called "The Brave Little Toaster."

ZeroGravity

I didn't think it was humanly possible for someone to hate Toy Story. Did you guys have shitty childhoods or something?

Costanza

Banned
ZeroGravity said:
I didn't think it was humanly possible for someone to hate Toy Story. Did you guys have shitty childhoods or something?
Nah, the first movie was one of my favorites when I was a kid. It just doesn't hold up for me anymore..

I will say that I absolutely adore Wall-E and Ratatouille (and what I've seen of The Incredibles) and I'm sorta looking forward to Up.

Great Rumbler said:
Why are people hating on Toy Story in this thread? Did their inner-child die of loneliness or something?
If it exists, someone hates it. If theres someone that hates something, they post about it on the internet.

big_z

Great Rumbler said:
Why are people hating on Toy Story in this thread? Did their inner-child die of loneliness or something?

i like toy story, i just dont think there needs to be a third movie. im sure it will be better than cars though....

Toy story 1 - woody rescueing buzz
Toy story 2 - buzz rescueing woody
Toy story 3 - woody rescueing buzz?

i think woody will give birth to a space cowboy. it will be a bromance story.

Darko

Great Rumbler said:

Its only one person and they liked the film as a child. I dont get it though, the film got better to me with age since I got more of the subtle jokes and references.

Captain N

Woody, Buzz, and the rest of their toy-box friends are dumped in a day-care center after their owner, Andy, departs for college. Meanwhile, Hamm, Rex and Mr. Potato Head begin a quest to find their long lost twin brothers.

Costanza

Banned
Captain N said:
:lol

legend166

big_z said:
sadly the whole adventure to find someone or get somewhere makes up 95% of cg movies these days.

How is 3 movies in 15 years milking?

Darko

Captain N said:

:lol WTF PIXAR

big_z

legend166 said:
How is 3 movies in 15 years milking?

the movies dont need sequels. the only reason they were/are made is because of disney contract agreements. if pixar had their way there would be only one toy story. if disney had their way we would be watching toy story 9: recycled plastic right now.

Captain N

big_z said:
the movies dont need sequels. the only reason they were/are made is because of disney contract agreements. if pixar had their way there would be only one toy story. if disney had their way we would be watching toy story 9: recycled plastic right now.

The contract called for a set number of new movies. They made Toy Story 2 even though it didn't count as one of the new movies on the Contract. They were glad to do Toy Story 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom