• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toys R Us (French): Mango (249€ 12/4) and Cherry (299€ 11/27) Wii U colors incoming?

VERY special thanks to marc^o^ from the NSMBU/NSLU bundle thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=85433948&postcount=313

Pack is legit, it's confirmed for a November 8 release at Carrefour in french stores:
Pack WiiU 32Go New Super Mario Bros. U + Luigi U: 279€

There are also 2 new packs in Toy's R Us:
Mango Pack - 249€ 12/4
Cherry Pack - 299€. 11/27 Probably with Mario 3D World

Could we actually already be witnessing the Wii U's first proper color selection (not the been there done that black and white) come out this early on? Wii only had additional red and light blue colors in it's entire lifespan IIRC.

I have a white I got for $200 so I doubt I'll buy one, but damn it it'd be tempting! :D

Owzers

i'd buy a 3d world bundle, i 'd be in. But if the U.S. only gets a black system with new super mario bros/luigi bros.....the wait continues.

explodet

No images yet?
There are also 2 new packs in Toy's R Us:
Mango Pack - 249€ 12/4
no-image220.gif

Fuck the Knicks.

Rvaisse

The names could be only codenames.

If Cherry pack comes bundled with Mario 3D World at 299.99€
Mango Pack is listed at 249.99€, wich means no games or something cheap.
December 4th iirc is WiiFitU release date, so this pack could be the casual one, maybe with a mango FitMeter, and WiiFitU try period.

The names could be only codenames.

If Cherry pack comes bundled with Mario 3D World at 299.99€
Mango Pack is listed at 249.99€, wich means no games or something cheap.
December 4th iirc is WiiFitU release date, so this pack could be the casual one, maybe with a mango FitMeter, and WiiFitU try period.

the fit meter unlocks free wiifitu forever

GimMick

I really doubt the "Cherry" pack could have SM3DW, since the game is only releasing on the 29th in Europe, two days after said pack.

Really intrigued by the names of those packs, though. Could be codenames, indeed.

Haines

Banned
im shocked nintendo is pushing colors so early...if true, holy wow at throwing everything they can into this fall lol

Shiggy

Would be pretty surprising if they had special colours:

1. Additional colours add costs to the production line
2. Wouldn't Nintendo want to get rid off black consoles first which are already collecting dust?
3. Retailers already don't want to stock the black Wii U anymore, additional colours would make the situation even more difficult

PogiJones

Banned
How has this thread not received more replies? Assuming SM3DW is bundled in the Cherry model, this is an awesome chance for those who haven't pulled the trigger yet to do so.

Is the lack of attention just become the thread title buries the lede behind a bunch of numbers, parentheses, languages and retailer names?

Opiate

Finally, my one objection to the Wii U has been remedied; its gauche and downright distasteful lack of mango accents.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
How has this thread not received more replies? Assuming SM3DW is bundled in the Cherry model, this is an awesome chance for those who haven't pulled the trigger yet to do so.

Is the lack of attention just become the thread title buries the lede behind a bunch of numbers, parentheses, languages and retailer names?

could be
additionally, it's wiiu
additionally, it's just a rumor

The WiiU needs more than novelty colors.

Alx

I was that close to buy the WiiU + Zelda HD pack at 300€ (although it was only for the Wonderful 101), but now I suppose I'll wait for the cheaper pack. I'd rather play Mario & Luigi than Zelda anyway, even if none of those are really my cup of tea.
Early november doesn't come handy with the release of the new consoles, though. :/
yeah I know, "first world problem"

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Wii U's are being bundled with fruit smoothie coupons.

Darryl

Banned

there's nothing really to say yet. we kinda all had an idea that more bundles would come over the holidays. what kind of value proposition nintendo decides to offer with these things is going to be something else. do they go the bare bones approach and just put the hardware? are they preloading it with wii fit u, wii sports club passes, art academy? who knows

Mojojo

I would jump on any WiiU(premium) bundled with 3D world, as you can find most of the other bundled games for cheap.
But there was another thread about 3 officially announced european bundles , so I guess it makes these ones less likely.

Top Bottom