• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tracer's butt victory pose will be removed from Overwatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent reasoning from Kaplan. Fair nuf. Excitement for game thoroughly undampened.

This is a Blizzard game. I have bad news...

:\ Ain't that the sad truth.

Just wait until Winston gets corrupted by the ancient evil and then Good Winston emerges(Voiced by Metzen of course) and they have to battle it out. And one of them gets tentacles. Which one? That's the surprise!

Ugh, spoilers.

Paracelsus

Obvious proof Blizzard is still being forced to CENSOR the butt pose from those darned Social Studies Warriors. Maedhros knows what's up.

Yeah, the Mega64 video lol.

Meanwhile self-censorship in Star Ocean 5, apparently thin air got them scared and prompted the diaper
fiasco
change.

So I'm looking at this pose, and I'm struggling to see what's "overtly sexy" about it, or even regular sexy about it for that matter.

I mean, she's trying to stick out her flat butt. It's kinda sad. Not saying that I hate flat butts, I love flat butts! I love all kinds of flat butts and they love me. But Tracer doesn't have a butt to be posing like that. Nor does it fit her style.

Maedhros

Obvious proof Blizzard is still being forced to CENSOR the butt pose from those darned Social Studies Warriors. Maedhros knows what's up.
I never said it was censorship at all.

I said that they were forced to change based on fans backslash. That's not censorship at all (and I said that censorship would be the case of R. Mika in SFV, which, again, was wrong because they actually changed the butt slap in all versions of the game, something I didn't know).

trixx

Chick got a flooty lol.

Seriously though, I don't think a change should be a big deal. Probably be annoying with same pose everytime

23qwerty

People getting banned for seemingly no reason as well, always a classic. Never change Gaf.

Nothing at all you say?

giphy.gif

CrazyHal

Players are beta testing x game. Players complain that x character is overpowered and needs a nerf. Devs agreed and nerf x character.

All is good.

Players are beta testing x game. Players complain that x character sexy victory pose feels out of place. Devs agreed and change the pose.

Outrage ensue.

Funny how things work.

This is a Blizzard game. I have bad news...

Just wait until Winston gets corrupted by the ancient evil and then Good Winston emerges(Voiced by Metzen of course) and they have to battle it out. And one of them gets tentacles. Which one? That's the surprise!

Seriously though, I love blizzards cheesy stories.

Maedhros

Yeah, the Mega64 video lol.

Meanwhile self-censorship in Star Ocean 5, apparently thin air got them scared and prompted the diaper
fiasco
change.

I think it's censorship in this case, because the original version still got whatever was removed from the game to not generate backslash.

I've even used old games as examples, like Super Castlevania IV removing blood... IMO, that's always censorship.

What happened in Overwatch WASN'T censorship at all.

Siege.exe

I mean, she's trying to stick out her flat butt. It's kinda sad. Not saying that I hate flat butts, I love flat butts! I love all kinds of flat butts and they love me. But Tracer doesn't have a butt to be posing like that. Nor does it fit her style.
Which is precisely why I'm still questioning why this is the butt people have decided to fight over.

RM8

Well we shouldn't believe the part where they listen to the community when the community wants it left in.
The game director said they originally struggled with that pose, and that the team actually has a pose that they feel is a much better fit for the character. You really should read his new post.

Kyonashi

Jesus. I shouldn't be surprised there were so many grown goddamn men who are getting upset over the ass of a damn Pixar character...

Not every representation of a woman has to be there to excite and tittilate you.

Good on Blizzard for giving the female characters in their game enough personality to realise what's appropriate for one might not be for another - and that the influence they have over the minds of boys and girls who will grow up with the very kid-friendly franchise is a damn sight more important than pleasing the rabid rule-34 enjoying sex pests.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What the hell is this garbage. The left tassle/jewel isn't attached to anything! Is integrity in butt animations too much to ask for?

Look at the other two tassles to to the left and right of those. Seems like they're textured on and not actual "physics involved" in-game rendered like... forgetting the post that someone made about this sort of thing where the engine calculates the physics of the clothing and tries to make sure it doesn't clip the model.

Doesn't explain the tassle you're pointing out, though.

23qewerty said:
Nothing at all you say?

Stupid Sexy DOA...

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
It shouldn't actually have to be said. It is their game and their vision. They clearly had legit reasons about why they wanted to change it.
Sooo what? Like I am just suppose to read the minds of developers when they remove or change something I like without reason? And then just sit there and accept it is for what it is? Look I don't care what high horse you came in on. But communication is a two way street.

That's the goofiest butt I've ever seen. The idea that this is more about her personality (would someone like her strike a pose like this?) as opposed to any sort of gratuitous sexuality seems reasonable to me.

Jesus. I shouldn't be surprised there were so many grown goddamn men who are getting upset over the ass of a damn Pixar character...

Not every representation of a woman has to be there to excite and tittilate you.

Good on Blizzard for giving the female characters in their game enough personality to realise what's appropriate for one might not be for another - and that the influence they have over the minds of boys and girls who will grow up with the very kid-friendly franchise is a damn sight more important than pleasing the rabid rule-34 enjoying sex pests.
I was with you until you decided to shame rule 34.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Well, now that the game's creative director has weighed in I think we all can put this one to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom