• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trackmania Turbo announced (PC/PS4/X1) TM2 Environments + 1 New

Komo

Banned
Bump because this is the best series youve never played

Racing games never seem to get much attention on GAF :(

I'm extremely pumped for this. Infact, of all the many games announced / shown at E3 so far that I really want, this is the one I must have

Really hoping it gets a physical and/or Steam release, because uPlay sucks!

Lemonte

wasnt he using a regular controller for most of that video tho?

TM isn't quite like any other driving game. Some turns have very little room for error especially in community made maps. Some maps can't even be finished if you make small mistake. It's all about learning the maps. There's always room to improve your time. I bet Jeff would have done better if he didn't have to talk and he could just focus on learning the maps.

SigSig

http://store.steampowered.com/app/375900/
Available for preorder for 35,99€
, needs Uplay

Also: Lagoon to have magnetic tracks? Singlecar coop???!?
4 ENVIRONMENTS = 4 GAMEPLAYS
- Rollercoaster Lagoon: Defy gravity in a tropical paradise, racing on magnetic tracks.
- International Stadium: Use your driving skills to master the tracks of this worldwide competition.
- Canyon Grand Drift: Drift your way through narrow tracks in this red canyon landscape.
- Valley Down & Dirty: Use air control and jump through the hills in this countryside setting.

CAMPAIGN MODE
Unlock up to 200 unique tracks in over 5 difficulty levels. Drive your way to the tops of worldwide rankings!

DOUBLE DRIVER
For the first time in a racing game, team up with a friend and control one car with two controllers!

TRACKBUILDER
Design your own tracks or simply generate random ones. Save and share your best tracks to make the competition last forever

Lemonte

I'm in, but $40 is a bit too much for me considering I have three of the environments already.

I have too but I think it's necessary evil to unite all four titles. Besides it looks like they have updated all environments. At least stadium has tons of new blocks in the trailer. Even the car looks different. Canyon needs a lot new blocks. There are some obvious blocks missing which was infuriating but thanks to modding not so much anymore.

Bringing it together is smart. I'd be more inclined to pick it up if there is a discount for TM2 owners. I felt a bit ripped off with the last game as the community us dead now. I can't take that risk again at $50±

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Bringing it together is smart. I'd be more inclined to pick it up if there is a discount for TM2 owners. I felt a bit ripped off with the last game as the community us dead now. I can't take that risk again at $50±

Yeah, it's really a shame what happened to TM2. These games are so much fun and I hope Turbo can bring things back on track

edit: and the new environment looks ace!

Miles X

Haha when this came on me and a friend were like "snoooze fest" then half way through we were like ... "actually this looks fun"

By the end of the trailer we were both like "Day one!!!"

Now I can't wait.

SigSig

wfUbnMB.png

SigSig

I hope there's an upgrade path for TM2 owners, this looks nice.

Lagoon will be available for Maniaplanet, but will be delayed into 2016. A real upgrade for Maniaplanet to Turbo would be apreciated, I'd rather have a solid release than whatever Maniaplanet is/wants to be/should have been.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Nadeo finally got smart. Day one on this shit on XB1.

It bears to ask though, 60fps on consoles?

Piccoro

I'm so happy with all the E3 announcements, but TM has a special place in my heart.
All those years playing United on my laptop, can´t believe I'll play this on my PS4!!! :)

Oh awesome. Console Trackmania. Very much looking forward to this!

Wish they'd brought Shootmania to consoles too though, in some form.

Twentieth

So they really are sppliting the player base again on PC. Unless Turbo has significant gameplay changes, they fucked up again.

SigSig

So they really are sppliting the player base again on PC. Unless Turbo has significant gameplay changes, they fucked up again.

That's not at all what I've got from the post. People who are dead-set on staying at Maniaplanet can probably join Turbo Servers, once Maniaplanet gets Lagoon.
I think this is the exact right course of action: Providing a complete package TM² was sorely lacking, while at the same time not cutting off support for Maniaplanet.

Mareg

I'm a great fan. I remember Naveo had some titles on STEAM.
Is there still a good community ? I might actually install the game on my Alienware Alpha. Never played the game on comfy couch with 50inch plasma.

Nivert

Maybe I'm not understanding what Turbo is but I don't see why everyone wouldn't move to Turbo where everything is together as opposed to Maniaplanet where it's all fragmented.

Lumine

One one hand I'm super excited, on the other hand I feel this is a big fuck you to everyone who supported the TM2 games. Hopefully they'll offer an upgrade to us like others have mentioned.

gillty

Banned
Hello Planet #5 creates more questions than answers.

Sounds like fragmentation continues, with the hope that Turbo promotes ManiaPlanet and TM2. I am not hopeful.

wouwie

I've always been interested in this franchise but never actually played it (due to being a console gamer mostly).

I'm going to watch some videos to get a better understanding of what the game is about but i was wondering: is this game fun in single player or is it mostly a multiplayer game? Also, is it playable with a "in car" camera view or easier with an outside camera (from behind)?

Lemonte

I've always been interested in this franchise but never actually played it (due to being a console gamer mostly).

I'm going to watch some videos to get a better understanding of what the game is about but i was wondering: is this game fun in single player or is it mostly a multiplayer game? Also, is it playable with a "in car" camera view or easier with an outside camera (from behind)?

For me it's always been about multiplayer. You can play offline alone but I think that's boring. Game is all about learning maps and getting best possible time in them. If you like to do that offline alone you can but online you can spec other players for some tips how to do certain turns or jumps.

TM doesn't have in car view, There's bumper cam, 2 behind the car views and over the top GTA1 style view (which is quite pointless) Don't know if they add other cameras for this new one. I always play behind the car view because it's easier to see next turn. Some maps can force camera angles which can be quite annoying.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I'm going back, reading posts on trackmania from yesteryear, this game was once the only thing I played for like six months of my life.

Azzawon

I'm so down for this, I absolutely love TrackMania. Is there a crossplatform TM store where you can buy cars and tracks like the PC games? That would be amazing and would push me to get it on XB1.

Gotta be 60fps, TrackMania is near unplayable at anything less.

Paganmoon

Many hours will be spent in the stadium! woooo, custom map servers were my favorites on PC, so looking forward to it for PS4.

Lemonte

I'm so down for this, I absolutely love TrackMania. Is there a crossplatform TM store where you can buy cars and tracks like the PC games? That would be amazing and would push me to get it on XB1.

Gotta be 60fps, TrackMania is near unplayable at anything less.

60fps was confirmed in the video I posted above.

vort3x

I am so happy this is coming out for all consoles finally!!! Played the shit out of nations on pc and had so many maps made for it!!! Save and share function?? YAAAAAAY!!! Day 0 purchase!!

wouwie

For me it's always been about multiplayer. You can play offline alone but I think that's boring. Game is all about learning maps and getting best possible time in them. If you like to do that offline alone you can but online you can spec other players for some tips how to do certain turns or jumps.

TM doesn't have in car view, There's bumper cam, 2 behind the car views and over the top GTA1 style view (which is quite pointless) Don't know if they add other cameras for this new one. I always play behind the car view because it's easier to see next turn. Some maps can force camera angles which can be quite annoying.

Thanks for the answer. I was wondering: when you say multiplayer, do you mean online races against others or solo play beating lap times from other players. Generally, i prefer the last option. I'm not a big fan of multiplayer races (which almost everytime end up with people driving each othet off the track).

vort3x

Thanks for the answer. I was wondering: when you say multiplayer, do you mean online races against others or solo play beating lap times from other players. Generally, i prefer the last option. I'm not a big fan of multiplayer races (which almost everytime end up with people driving each othet off the track).

Its sorta like a mix of both. You race with other people but don't crash into them. you're racing LIVE ghosts best way to put it lol. So you get the feeling of being in a big race but at the same time don't worry about running into other players. The races are time based. So you have say 5 mins to get the fastest lap time and whoever has it is first place.

sn00zer

Its a bit like being in a swimming race. Other competitor dont directly effect you but you can see their times as the match goes on. Its really really fun and intense to beat someone out by a tenth of a second

Lemonte

Did little research from maniaplanet forum

-No dedicated servers for pc version. All servers are hosted by Nadeo
-No cross platform multiplayer
-Lagoon will come as standalone title to maniaplanet4 in 2016
-Maniaplanet will stay with the 4 separate environments
-Older TM2 titles will get updates and elements from Turbo
-Stadium, canyon and valley in TMturbo will have same car handling as in maniaplanet versions.
-Consoles will not support custom car models or mods
-60fps on consoles

Lagoon gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WQh2EwZwN4

CamHostage

Just curious since I've never owned a Trackmania and am interested in the new console iterations: what is it about there being "new Trackmania environments" that is important to the game?

Are they just backgrounds, or does each level feature different track pieces and/or cars? (And do the different car models handle uniquely or are the F1 and buggie vehicles just for show?)

I know that Trackmania 2 based its whole release strategy around its different environments being a "new game", but I never understood what exactly that meant since you built a percentage of the stages anyway?

Aerocrane

Just curious since I've never owned a Trackmania and am interested in the new console iterations: what is it about there being "new Trackmania environments" that is important to the game?

Are they just backgrounds, or does each level feature different track pieces and/or cars? (And do the different car models handle uniquely or are the F1 and buggie vehicles just for show?)

I know that Trackmania 2 based its whole release strategy around its different environments being a "new game", but I never understood what exactly that meant since you built a percentage of the stages anyway?

There are pieces that are unique to an environment and similar pieces look very different in different environments. The cars are unique to each environment and have different handling. The environments can have other unique properties, like Rollercoaster Lagoon featuring magnetic tracks.

Top Bottom