• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trails in the Sky Second Chapter out October 29th on PC and PSP

Getting the game on PC: after all the trouble Sara and the other members of Team TitS went through to get the game out to us, it would personally feel like a slap to their collectively cheeky faces to NOT play it on PC.

i will play this on psp, vita and on tv and i'll love it!

I was level 40, had most but not all bracer points, I think (I was 1st class). There may be some sidequests I missed (especially before I entirely understood that sidequests were missable, or that some weren't on the job boards), but I'll probably just import my actual save if things like gear, sepith, mira don't import.

Thanks, guys.

Nyoro SF

I fired up FC to see where I was at and I have a level 39 clear save. Not bad.
Hopefully the save transfer & loading is painless.

Just wondering, is it possible to load clear data on PC if you don't actually have the game? Have a friend who wants SC but doesn't own FC on PC.

It should be; you just need to put the save in the folder where SC would expect an FC install to keep them. On Win7, at least, this is [user]/Saved Games/FALCOM/ED6.

Hopefully the save transfer & loading is painless.

So long as the file is in the folder SC will be looking in, it's simple. Just hit New Game, the game will prompt you that it's found clear data you can load, and it will ask you to load the file you want.

It should be; you just need to put the save in the folder where SC would expect an FC install to keep them. On Win7, at least, this is [user]/Saved Games/FALCOM/ED6.

So long as the file is in the folder SC will be looking in, it's simple. Just hit New Game, the game will prompt you that it's found clear data you can load, and it will ask you to load the file you want.

What about for Steam? Just find where it stores save data and then create a few folders to put the file in? Like for me it's stored in some random number folder in Steam userdata along with everything else and then 251150 > remote > fc.

Psxphile

What about for Steam? Just find where it stores save data and then create a few folders to put the file in? Like for me it's stored in some random number folder in Steam userdata along with everything else and then 251150 > remote > fc.

I assume that would automatically be sorted by the game and not something you have to do manually? You know, provided you haven't been moving the save file from its default location.

Does anyone have a 100% save for PC? I did everything in the PSP version, including getting the Mystic Staff and I really don't want to have to do it again just to play on PC with the bonuses.

mugwhump

1) will hard mode be unlocked from the start? I found FC way more compelling with a bit of difficulty.
2) how many GB is it? I've got about 30 minutes to download it over airport WiFi before my flight :p

Nyoro SF

I just finished rereading the Carnelia and 100 Days War books to refresh my memory.
I'm not sure if Carnelia has any reference to Trails FC, I scoured my memory but couldn't think of any references other than the Carnelia Tower (which was in the wiki, but I only remembered the Amberl Tower name). Past that if there's a reference I didn't remember it.

100 Days War though, that's a good refresher and brings me back even farther into the hype fold. It's funny how amazingly quickly you can pick up and then get rid of this book without realizing its significance towards clarifying the story.

Does anyone have a 100% save for PC? I did everything in the PSP version, including getting the Mystic Staff and I really don't want to have to do it again just to play on PC with the bonuses.

The only thing I missed in my run was 1 of the newspaper articles but I don't believe that transfers over I got all bracer points and Estelle's rarest weapon.

Dice//

Banned
Ah, that's what I thought.
Well, since it's supposed to go up super soon I'll start work on one and I'll have it up sometime tomorrow unless somebody pops by real quick and reveals that they've secretly been working on one this entire time.

If you need any fancy graphic work I'd love to help!

Finalow

I wonder if they used more than 5 npc models in this sequel.

I can more or less see why some people say that FC is slow or boring, but to me it seems the problem lies more in the fact that the game just isn't for those people. I have some minor complaints but the writing is pretty solid, also see that post about ''teenagers in JRPGs", in this game you're often reminded that the main characters are just 2 (very talented) kids who wouldn't have been able to do all they did if it wasn't for the rest of the party. I'd say that it's not common at all in jrpgs and it somehow ''fixes'' the chosen kid saving the world cliché, which I usually detest.
the game is a 30+ hours prologue because it's clearly made that way in order to develop characters, the world you're playing in etc. for the sake of the whole trilogy.
"boring" is subjective, but if you're interested in a story that could grow into something more exciting and in fine characters (+lots of interesting npcs with their stories) I seriously cannot fathom how the game could be boring.

-

never bothered to check out the new PSVita version of FC after it came out but it actually looks really good. full voiced too, damn. :^(

Who is doing the OT for this?

I dunno, but I hope they have this as the title:

All that needs to be said is on their website

Capture_zps2dbys3am.jpg

I finally finished FC. For some reason it really amuses me that it ends with a trailer for SC... and a really hype trailer at that.

I didn't get 100%, but getting Junior Bracer Rank 1 and Level 39 isn't shabby... right? I think I can be satisfied with using that clear file.

K.Sabot

Just finished FC as well.

Great writing, great characters, great ending, great experience.

Glad I held off so I wouldn't feel the slow burn.

Erheller

This is a near-100% PC save file. Side quest completion, BP, and Estelle's level (up to 40) all transfer over (and nothing else I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong). My save file is max BP and all sidequests finished with Estelle at level 39. It's not perfect (Estelle would have to be level 40), but should beat having to replay FC again.

https://copy.com/BxvcgrF2JrKZhDVx

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Any idea how much space I need for my Vita?

Dice//

Banned
Sorry if this has been asked before but, length-wise, is SC longer, shorter, or about the same as FC?

Can't say I know for sure, I just base my 'answer' off this picture:
jGOEl.jpg

Text-wise, which is basically what you're sitting with half the game, FC was the shortest. :p

Finalow

I almost wish that xseed learned from FC's achievements and didn't put something like "collect 9999 of each sepith type" in SC as well, which was later ''patched'' to 3000, lol. (iirc there is no trophy for that in the hd versions so it pretty much was made up)
achievements related to difficulty would make more sense.

tl;dr who's starting SC on nightmare? 40 hours shining poms farming simulator

Can't say I know for sure, I just base my 'answer' off this picture:
-
Text-wise, which is basically what you're sitting with half the game, FC was the shortest. :p
how come the third game has that much text in sidequests, even more than the main scenario. Lol

zakujanai

I almost wish that xseed learned from FC's achievements and didn't put something like "collect 9999 of each sepith type" in SC as well, which was later ''patched'' to 3000, lol. (iirc there is no trophy for that in the hd versions so it pretty much was made up)
achievements related to difficulty would make more sense.

tl;dr who's starting SC on nightmare? 40 hours shining poms farming simulator

how come the third game has that much text in sidequests, even more than the main scenario. Lol

My understanding is the main story is pretty much wrapped up in SC so it makes sense that Third world be very sidequest heavy. Haven't tried to find out any more than that because spoilers.

Diablos54

IIRC, 3rd has a LOT of sidequests and less main quests due to it being more of an epilogue than a proper part 3. I think most characters have their own sizeable sidequest.

I'm dying to know when we EU folks are getting SC, now I know it'll be out in the U.S tomorrow the wait is going to be a hard one!

Finalow

oh I guess that makes sense, especially if you have sidequests related to more relevant characters rather than random npcs.

zakujanai

IIRC, 3rd has a LOT of sidequests and less main quests due to it being more of an epilogue than a proper part 3. I think most characters have their own sizeable sidequest.

I'm dying to know when we EU folks are getting SC, now I know it'll be out in the U.S tomorrow the wait is going to be a hard one!

Is there no way you can get it on PC? I'll be buying both since I have completed saves for both but I doubt I'll ever touch the one on my Vita (particularly since we don't know when it's out yet!), it'll just look nice next to the first one.

FC looked amazing on PC. I booted up the other on my Vita TV numerous times to compare them because I couldn't believe the difference.

Arthea

Is there no way you can get it on PC? I'll be buying both since I have completed saves for both but I doubt I'll ever touch the one on my Vita (particularly since we don't know when it's out yet!), it'll just look nice next to the first one.

FC looked amazing on PC. I booted up the other on my Vita TV numerous times to compare them because I couldn't believe the difference.

yeah, FC looks great on PC.

only one day left till SC looks great too, hopefully

no sign of TC still *sighs*

squall211

I'm going to have to rewatch the ending for FC on youtube as I've more or less forgotten the story. I do remember though that it was a fairly easy story to follow and I greatly appreciated that. You don't find that in very many JRPGs.

Arthea

I think we'll be waiting quite a long while before we hear any news of TC being localized. That is, if it gets localized to begin with.

I know, but waiting is hard, especially now when SC is releasing, it would be nice to know that we are getting more.

Dio

Banned
I know, but waiting is hard, especially now when SC is releasing, it would be nice to know that we are getting more.

FC and SC are a clean cut duology which concludes with a nice wrap up. Localizing Third Chapter, an epilogue which opens up story threads into Trails of Azure and Trails of Zero, would be a commitment to localizing all three games past SC. Tom said himself that this commitment wasn't something to take lightly.

Arthea

FC and SC are a clean cut duology which concludes with a nice wrap up. Localizing Third Chapter, an epilogue which opens up story threads into Trails of Azure and Trails of Zero, would be a commitment to localizing all three games past SC. Tom said himself that this commitment wasn't something to take lightly.

It doesn't stop me from wanting it to happen, that's all what I mean
that and I keep believing we'll get all of those some day

Eusis

Was this said before announcing Cold Steel and does it tie into that set of games (or just have many questions lingering still)? If so then it probably switched from "this basically would be saying we're committed to localizing future games" to "can't hurt now!"

Dio

Banned
Was this said before announcing Cold Steel and does it tie into that set of games (or just have many questions lingering still)? If so then it probably switched from "this basically would be saying we're committed to localizing future games" to "can't hurt now!"

It was said before announcing Cold Steel.

Cold Steel 1 and 2, Trails of Zero/Azure, FC, SC and TC are all connected and take place in the same world with an overarching narrative.

Falcom strongly convinced XSEED to localize Cold Steel NOW because they wanted people to jump in at Cold Steel. CS is actually a good starting point, but there are things you won't get in the same way as if you played the other games first.

Eusis

It was said before announcing Cold Steel.

Cold Steel 1 and 2, Trails of Zero/Azure, FC, SC and TC are all connected and take place in the same world with an overarching narrative.

Falcom strongly convinced XSEED to localize Cold Steel NOW because they wanted people to jump in at Cold Steel. CS is actually a good starting point, but there are things you won't get in the same way as if you played the other games first.
I figured, but that still leaves my point that what would've been a cruel taunt in the past may be more a fun bone to throw to fans now. If not actively a good idea now even without Zero/Azure.

Top Bottom