• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trails in the Sky the 3rd |OT| Time's the Charm

Taruranto

TXy0KZ6.jpg

This explains some things. :p

Psxphile

Yeah! Beat him on my first try. After the nightmare stories I'd been reading I was bracing myself for some shit but it seemed pretty straightforward. Maybe just good RNG on my part, my opponents were missing their catches like 20% of the time while I only lost a fish twice through out the whole ordeal.

Also that whole "mashing seems to help" is some "hold Down and B to improve catch rate" levels of misinformation, I don't believe it has any bearing at all on how likely it is you'll pull in your catch. The only thing that matters is how early you tap the button to get the HIT, just like in SC.

flowsnake

What am I meant to be doing in Chapter 6 in
Monochrome School
? I've explored everything I can, and seem to be missing a key.

DodgeDusk

Arena Nightmare spoilers.

You're... going down!

I'm so happy I did this first go on Hard mode. Definitely made me a lot happier after witnessed the heart-tugger that was Star Door 15.

Phew. That fight was expected... but damn. That was tough.

Chapter 6 Renne.

I wouldn't go to sunday school . i'd teach at sunday school .. i've got 3 doctorates after all

I bet she really enjoyed everyone faces when she spouted that

Estelle is trully such a great character with renne nearby..

Oreiller

Just finished the game. I'm not sure if it's my favorite of the bunch but I enjoyed every moment of it (ok, maybe not star door 15, that was horrifying).

If my japanese weren't so dreadful, I'd jump straight to Zero but I guess I shall wait for the next localised game instead.

zakujanai

Yeah! Beat him on my first try. After the nightmare stories I'd been reading I was bracing myself for some shit but it seemed pretty straightforward. Maybe just good RNG on my part, my opponents were missing their catches like 20% of the time while I only lost a fish twice through out the whole ordeal.

Also that whole "mashing seems to help" is some "hold Down and B to improve catch rate" levels of misinformation, I don't believe it has any bearing at all on how likely it is you'll pull in your catch. The only thing that matters is how early you tap the button to get the HIT, just like in SC.

Then I had some serious bollocks RNG on my first 4 attempts at round 1. I could get the hit easily enough but if she struggled after that it failed every single time (about 7 or 8 times). I mashed from that point in except for two occasions, both of which failed.

Not saying you're wrong, but this mini game is pretty dreadful either way. Much prefer Josette's.

My God ..
Chapter 6 , PART3

Cassius , you mother fucker .. You are broken ... what's with those stats , those techniques !! It's a cheat ... a walking cheat code !
OMG

I'm laughing because he's broken.. So broken.. i can't believe it

Loz246789

... I'm possibly never going to see most of these characters again. Help. I'm too emotionally attached.
I was on the verge of tears for half of the ending, and all things considered it wasn't that sad. D:

Anyway, spoiler alert it's a great game. I'd love a spiritual successor to the door concept in a future game in the series, I loved almost all of the doors here.

Ascheroth

My God ..
Chapter 6 , PART3

Cassius , you mother fucker .. You are broken ... what's with those stats , those techniques !! It's a cheat ... a walking cheat code !
OMG

Lol, I'm currently at this part as well. Decided to go to bed after getting my ass handed to me :p

Rhapsody

Banned

Yeah, I didn't have too many issues with fishing. Maybe on the second one, but by the time you get to the final guy, I got a good grasp on how to beat him. More rounds makes it easier too. RNG screwed me on the 2nd fisher girl though. She had around 600 points or something lol

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I am so damn stoked to play this once I finish P5. I have access to Cold Steel 1+2 so I'll leap to those afterward. I didn't want to play them 'til The 3rd released.

Baliis

My God ..
Chapter 6 , PART3

OMG

Just got to this part, such a good boss fight. When the music kicks in mm mm, so good.

Richard is too OP though if you just spam crafts with him lol. I kinda wish I had played on hard though instead of normal. This boss is the only one I've died on so far and that was because he AT Delayed my whole party right into his S-craft.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Blackjack feels impossible, are you expected to lower the difficulty? Even when I get 19 or 20 Halle either has blackjack or draws for 21. Feels scripted.

Chose to lower the difficulty and won on my first try. She wasn't getting 20/21 every hand and even busted once. And poker was a whole lot easier.

Vamphuntr

Only the final dungeon left. Cleared the Arena on Nightmare. Mirror Quartz is OP. I feel like nothing can stop my Kevin/Ries/Olivier/Mueller team now.

Thud

Is there a need to level everyone?

Aside from Kevin and Ries, it's good to have at least 4-5 decently leveled characters. You can level everyone you didn't use a lot before the final dungeon in an optional dungeon.

There are also plently of chances in the final dungeon as well,

Ascheroth

Bwahahaha, I love that you even need to know names of the OST and some lyrics in the quiz minigame. Thankfully there's no penalty for retrying (...there isn't, right?)

Incidentally, I was shocked to learn that you don't need to find all the chest phrases anymore for the chest achievement. I got that one during part 2 or 3 of Chapter 6 :eek:

Jonnax

Sixth Plane Question

I've got to Jenis Royal Academy and it's all black and white. I've figured out killing the black knights in the buildings makes it colour and the red to black and white.

But I've made all the buildings coloured but the outside's black knights don't seem to do anything.

Is there something I've missed?

Ascheroth

Sixth Plane Question

I've got to Jenis Royal Academy and it's all black and white. I've figured out killing the black knights in the buildings makes it colour and the red to black and white.

But I've made all the buildings coloured but the outside's black knights don't seem to do anything.

Yes, you've missed a Black Knight. One is pretty hidden,
best equip an enemy detection Quartz.

zakujanai

Sixth Plane Question

I'm just on that bit and came here to ask what the hell to do. I hadn't even figured that much out because the Knights kept regenerating.

Marche90

Sixth Plane Third Guardian.

Holy shit.

I ended up bringing Kevin to that fight, had 200 cp at the start of it and spammed Grail Sphere.while spending my stock of Zeram powder and capsules. My main damage dealer, and the MVP for that fight, was Richard. All hail his Crafts' cooldown time

Barely made it out of there alive, boss's a monster

demidar

I ended up bringing Kevin to that fight, had 200 cp at the start of it and spammed Grail Sphere.while spending my stock of Zeram powder and capsules. My main damage dealer, and the MVP for that fight, was Richard. All hail his Crafts' cooldown time

That's pretty much what I did. Richard on the other side of the field spamming crafts while Kevin and the other two were on full Earth Shield/Earth Wall/Buffing/Healing duty.

Because seriously, I don't know how you can tank the boss's Crafts without complete nullification.

So fucking good at showing what a monster the boss is.

Thud

Richard became one of my favorite characters.

Kevin with Auto-CP accessories along with Richard's craft spamming is so good. There were occasions where, by the time a boss breaks through both of Grail Sphere's guards, Kevin had already regenerated enough CP to Grail Sphere again, due to Richard taking so many turns.

zakujanai

I'm really tiring of this game now. It has some nice short stories but the amount of dungeon and boss fighting in between is really grinding me down. I've only activated 3 of the teleports in plane six and seeing 9 more is killing my will to go on.

Think I'll stop for the week and carry on when I get a spare moment next weekend.

It doesn't help that the Kevin story between chapters is so very dull. The whole story up to this point should've been after Chapter 1 but presumably there's so little to the story that they had to spread it out in tiny, incremental chunks.

Obviously unfair to rate before the end but so far 3rd is on track for 3rd best Trails game for me.

1. FC
2. SC
3. 3rd
4. CS1
5. CS2

So basically so far each one had been not quite up to the previous one. Hopefully Zero and Ao will buck that trend if I ever get to play them.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Moon door 5 was certainly something. I wonder if they actually plan to pick up from that anywhere, or if it was just a one-off random thing they will never reference again.

Ascheroth

Chapter 6 Part 4/Chapter 7

FMA_rain_6856.jpg

Damn rain, always getting into my eyes.
...Uh, I'm indoors, you say?
Man, Loewe :( Not again :(
Daaaaamn that backstory Kevin, daaaaamn. My condolences. :(
It's kind of interesting how the 'main story' isn't really important here,
nor is it really that great. It's all about the backstories and sidestories. And they're soooo fucking worth it.

Vamphuntr

Finally beat it. Definitely my favorite Trails of game so far. Writing was so good. I was disappointed that in the after everything
Renne still run away after Joshua and Estelle tell her they want to be her family
. Is the conclusion to that in Ao/Zero?

Top Bottom