• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon |OT| - Bigger, Badder, Better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

3N16MA

Banned
CPXpJ.jpg

UVABM.png
SYNOPSIS

Shia LaBeouf returns as Sam Witwicky in Transformers: Dark of the Moon. When a mysterious event from Earth's past erupts into the present day it threatens to bring a war to Earth so big that the Transformers alone will not be able to save us.

CzSxx.png
CAST AND CREW

Studio: Paramount Pictures

Director: Micheal Bay
Producer: Steven Spielberg
Writer: Ehren Kruger
Composer: Steve Jablonsky

Visual Effects: Industrial Light and Magic

Cast/Voice Actors:

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley ... Carly Miller
Shia LaBeouf ... Sam Witwicky
Ken Jeong ... Jerry
Josh Duhamel ... Lt. Colonel William Lennox
Hugo Weaving ... Megatron (voice)
Patrick Dempsey ... Dylan Gould
John Malkovich ... Bruce
Leonard Nimoy ... Sentinel Prime (voice)
Tyrese Gibson ... Robert Epps
Alan Tudyk ... Dutch
Frances McDormand ... Charlotte Mearing
John Turturro ... Simmons
Peter Cullen ... Optimus Prime (voice)
Frank Welker ... Soundwave (voice)
Tom Kenny ... Wheelie (voice)
Glenn Morshower ... General Morshower
James Avery ... Silverbolt (voice)
Keiko Agena ... Mearing's Aide
Julie White ... Judy Witwicky
Kevin Dunn ... Ron Witwicky
Lester Speight ... Epps Team 'Eddie'
Charles Adler ... Starscream (voice) (as Charlie Andler)
Kym Whitley ... Jessica Morgan
Robert Foxworth ... Ratchet (voice)
Mark Ryan ... (voice)
Jess Harnell ... Ironhide (voice)

2D3NQ.png

Optimus Prime
Sentinel Prime
Bumblebee
Ironhide
Ratchet
Sideswipe
Wheelie
Brains
Mirage
Silverbolt
Wreckers
Wheeljack
Leadfoot
Topspin
Roadbuster

L5qWU.png

Megatron
Shockwave
Starscream
Soundwave
Laserbeak
Barricade
Crankcase
Crowbar
Hatchet
Driller

* Some character bios may contain film spoilers. Read with caution.

UVABM.png
TRAILERS AND TV SPOTS

Official Launch Trailer
First Teaser Trailer
Super Bowl Trailer
NASCAR Trailer
Theatrical Trailer
Theatrical Trailer (3D Edit)
"Secret" TV Spot
"Everything" TV Spot
"Cover Up" TV Spot
"Always Feared" TV Spot
TV Spot #9
TV Spot #10
TV Spot #12
TV Spot #13
Linkin Park Music Video

CzSxx.png
BEHIND THE SCENES AND INTERVIEWS

Michael Bay and James Cameron Talk 3D
Transformers 3 "Birdmen"
Behind The Scenes Chicago 1 + Chicago 2
Filming on Michigan Avenue
Behing The Scenes ET Online

Articles:

UVABM.png
SITES

Official Movie Site
IMDb
MovieWeb
SlashFilm
Beyond Hollywood
Wiki
Fandango
Cineplex

CzSxx.png
POSTERS

v1y2n.jpg
L9ZKS.jpg

Nnf6e.jpg
uoMBK.jpg

Wat7u.jpg
6Luc7.jpg
gGvfU.jpg
F3Ib0.jpg

UVABM.png
STILLS

qRDJUm.jpg
GmAg0m.jpg
o7ToVm.jpg
UEEp8m.jpg

SyZtEm.jpg
1kHg5m.jpg
KdNXgm.jpg
aRSoxm.jpg

Lr0s4m.jpg
LrPIEm.jpg
4EqYim.jpg

CzSxx.png
RELEASE DATES

Russia
23 June 2011 (Moscow Film Festival)
Argentina 29 June 2011
Belgium 29 June 2011
Brazil 29 June 2011
Canada 29 June 2011
Chile 29 June 2011
Colombia 29 June 2011
Czech Republic 29 June 2011
Denmark 29 June 2011
Finland 29 June 2011
France 29 June 2011
Hong Kong 29 June 2011
Hungary 29 June 2011
Iceland 29 June 2011
India 29 June 2011
Ireland 29 June 2011
Israel 29 June 2011
Italy 29 June 2011
Lithuania 29 June 2011 (Forumcinemas Cinema)
Malaysia 29 June 2011
Mexico 29 June 2011
Netherlands 29 June 2011
Norway 29 June 2011 (Bronnoysund Cinema)
Poland 29 June 2011
Portugal 29 June 2011
Russia 29 June 2011
Singapore 29 June 2011
Slovenia 29 June 2011
South Korea 29 June 2011
Sweden 29 June 2011
Taiwan 29 June 2011
Thailand 29 June 2011
Turkey 29 June 2011
UK 29 June 2011
USA 29 June 2011
Australia 30 June 2011
Belarus 30 June 2011
Germany 30 June 2011
Kazakhstan 30 June 2011
Estonia 1 July 2011
Lithuania 1 July 2011
Panama 1 July 2011
Paraguay 1 July 2011
Spain 1 July 2011
Japan 29 July 2011

UVABM.png
REVIEWS

TOMATOEMETER: 36%|Fresh: 81|Rotten: 143|4.8/10|

CzSxx.png
BOX OFFICE

Domestic: $266,944,138
Foreign: $395,689,053

Worldwide: $662,633,191

3N16MA

Banned
Decided to make this thread since the first showing is only 6 days away. I'm not sure if you guys want to continue with the current news thread or use this one for the film.

Solo

My gut feeling tells me this is going to be one of the very best blockbusters of this summer, like the first was in 2007. Kind of hilarious since the second was unequivocally the worst blockbuster of 2009.

Please kill John Turturro's character in the most painful way. While I love the actor I cannot stand the stupid comic relief character they created for him.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Solo said:
My gut feeling tells me this is going to be one of the very best blockbusters of this summer, like the first was in 2007. Kind of hilarious since the second was unequivocally the worst blockbuster of 2009.

I do definitely expect it to be better, but I half expect this to underwhelm in the box office. The 2nd one definitely killed my interest a bit.

FunkyPajamas said:
Please kill John Turturro's character in the most painful way. While I love the actor I cannot stand the stupid comic relief character they created for him.

They missed an opportunity to have him crushed by Devestator's testicles in part 2.

3N16MA said:
Can't believe Brooklyn Decker was up for the role and Bay passed on her.

Oh, I think it is obvious that the new actress is sleeping with Bay.

Solo said:
like the first was in 2007.

You mean based on box office or something? Because the first one wasn't very good either. People keep screaming about how awful the second was, but in all actuality the only difference was that it had a higher volume of stupid shit. The first movie was still full of stupid shit. All over the place. Just not as evident as in the second.

That being said, I can't wait and I'm very hopeful. The footage looks awesome and Bay has no "bububu writer's strike!" BS excuse this time.

Solo

msdstc said:
I do definitely expect it to be better, but I half expect this to underwhelm in the box office. The 2nd one definitely killed my interest a bit.

The box office will decrease for sure. Between the first and second film.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
PhoncipleBone said:
If anything, the movie will be incredible to look at.
I truly hope everyone is awed by the visual spectacle more than anything. We've had multiple in-house screenings of the effects finals reel, which isn't really typical.

XiaNaphryz said:
I truly hope everyone is awed by the visual spectacle more than anything. We've had multiple in-house screenings of the effects finals reel, which isn't really typical.

Too late, the trailers have already wowed me in the effects department. Good fucking job.

XiaNaphryz said:

ILMs work on the first two is incredible. But now we add in 3D and less shaky cam so we can marvel at the work done. Bay's movies may usually be mindless drivel and edited to shit, but damn are they pretty to look at. (When the camera is not shaking or jump cutting).

Sapiens

I'm sure the effect will be fantastic, but even those won't be enough by distract me from how insulting the actual films have been.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Awesome OP.

Fucking hyped for this movie and the score!

Solo said:

Hopefully it has better sound. I watched the original in my home theater the other day and it was a front-heavy, for the most part non-impactful mess. To top it off the directionality and clarity left something to be desired. It was really sad because it was supposedly one of the best tracks when it was reviewed in 2007. We really have come a long way in 4 years.

It just has to be better than Revenge of the Fallen. If I were to have known someone that has already seen it, I could confirm that they believe it is much, much better.

TheExecutive said:
Hopefully it has better sound. I watched the original in my home theater the other day and it was a front-heavy, for the most part non-impactful mess. To top it off the directionality and clarity left something to be desired. It was really sad because it was supposedly one of the best tracks when it was reviewed in 2007. We really have come a long way in 4 years.

Um, what? There are sound mixes from a decade ago that still sound incredible.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Also, ILM not being mentioned in the OP at all is a bit questionable. Come on, we're mentioned on the poster right after the list of actors. ;P

PhoncipleBone said:
Um, what? There are sound mixes from a decade ago that still sound incredible.

Yeah I guess you're right now that I think of it. There is actually no excuse for Transformers to sound like it does.

Can we get some decent fulfilling action scenes in this movie?

I've been disappointd with the first two teasing great things and never pulling it off. Which has been odd for Bay.

I said, "Never again," after ROTF, but I know I'll end up watching this one, too. 'Going in excpecting a fun summer popcorn flick. What can go wrong?

I'm psyched for this. Just the fact that it will have much longer, wider shots is great news. The 3D should be really good too...this will be my first and probably only IMAX movie of 2011.

I need to watch the first film again. Despite the trainwreck Revenge of the Fallen is, the Transformers fan in me has to give the third a chance.

Despite all the insane invasion shit in the ads, part of me is strangely curious how the film will address Megan Fox's absence, if it does at all.

Maleficence said:
So why are people expecting this to be better than the last movie?

Skids and Mudflap are apparently removed in the final cut of the movie, which makes Dark of the Moon an already better movie.

Enosh

I wonder
why is the release so late in Japan?

about the movie, I hope there is a lot of military stuff, shit blowing up and giant robots kicking the crap out of each other

WonkersTHEWatilla said:
Did not know Alan Tudyk was in this.

Same for me and Patrick Dempsey.

I don't see this underperforming at whatever capacity. The internet geeks might have loathed everything about Revenge of the Fallen, but general audiences ate that shit up. The RT critics vs. moviegoer rating is astounding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom