• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon |OT| - Bigger, Badder, Better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'm sure this will be atrocious just like the last two, but I am mildly curious as to how they explain away Megan Fox's 'character'. Or has she just been recast?

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
I overheard Capone from AICN at my local comic book store talking about it and he says it's definitely the best one. Doesn't mean it's an amazing movie, but as long as it's as good as part 1, I'll take it.

XiaNaphryz said:
Also, ILM not being mentioned in the OP at all is a bit questionable. Come on, we're mentioned on the poster right after the list of actors. ;P

Yeah throw XiaNaphryz and I under neogaf credits :)

I can tell i'm already going to be at least a little disappointed.

The Autobots are so underdeveloped that no one but Prime and Bumblebee have any personality. No way they could fix that in one movie, even if it is almost 3 hours.

It's still going to be a ton of humans talking all the time.

- J - D -

BattleMonkey said:
Cut down on all the attempts at "humor" and stick to explosions and shit, and you got a winner Mr. Bay.

Well, I think it'd be okay to have a small modicum of humor, just make it smarter and less juvenile laughs.

Dead

well not really...yet
Gooster said:
The Mikaela character is gone. Huntington-Whiteley plays Carly from the G1 cartoon.
Shes already better than Fox ever was, just based on the few short clips they released

G-Fex

DeaconKnowledge said:
I can tell i'm already going to be at least a little disappointed.

The Autobots are so underdeveloped that no one but Prime and Bumblebee have any personality. No way they could fix that in one movie, even if it is almost 3 hours.

It's still going to be a ton of humans talking all the time.

well what do we need with autobots when we got sams parents, sams roommate, sams girlfriend and their relationship status and sam's humping dogs.

Dead said:
Shes already better than Fox ever was, just based on the few short clips they released
Dat accent.

I was gonna be there day 1 for this one, but commitments have turned it into a day 2. Still, can't wait to see moar fighting robots. These movies are my guilty pleasure.

mjc

WonkersTHEWatilla said:
Well, I think it'd be okay to have a small modicum of humor, just make it smarter and less juvenile laughs.
Like throwing the twins into the sun?

BattleMonkey said:
Cut down on all the attempts at "humor" and stick to explosions and shit, and you got a winner Mr. Bay.

!!!!!!

this sums up my feeling.

i mean the action needs better editing and stuff but whatever

Dead

well not really...yet
More hype

Qnq8T.jpg

iTfhs.jpg

nZV7d.jpg

unmju.jpg

Tek

I'm banking on this one to be the best one which isn't saying much...BUT

I already have my imax 3d tickets ready to go.

Takao

Banned
GET HYPE!

Maleficence said:
So why are people expecting this to be better than the last movie?

No Megan Fox and cringe worthy deliveries (Rosie is at least a cut above in the delivery department). Not written in two weeks with the rest filled in with Bay humor. No more Kurtzman and Orci. Steady shots thanks to 3D. Positive reception from every outlet being screened footage of the film.

Gooster said:
Despite all the insane invasion shit in the ads, part of me is strangely curious how the film will address Megan Fox's absence, if it does at all.

It won't really. She has been written out as Sam, and Mikaela having a falling out over the years between the events of the Revenge of the Fallen, and Dark of the Moon.

Enosh said:
I wonder
why is the release so late in Japan?

It's always like that for some reason. I remember that both the first, and Revenge of the Fallen opened in August in Japan when the rest of the world received it in July. Paramount Japan must suck or something.

Dead

well not really...yet
IIRC, theres apparently a dig against Megan Fox spoken by one of the Robots, according to the AICN guy who saw the full cut of the film

The 2nd to last trailer I saw (the moon beginning was shorter) almost hyped me enough. I never saw ROTF but I hated the human sections in the first and only the ending had enough action. If anyone promises me this will have a lot more action than the first, then I'm sold.

ElRenoRaven

I so can't wait. Loved the first two despite some flaws. Hell even bought them on Blu-ray and depending on how good or bad this one is I'll own it too.

t-storm

I was outraged there was no DotM trailer with Green Lantern 3D when I saw it earlier today.

I've already seen all the trailers 976231746 times, however I was nonetheless still outraged.

Dead

well not really...yet
Transformers will probably be the highest grossing domestic film, but Harry Potter is just too huge Overseas for it not to be #1 WW

I still think its possible for TF3 to cross the $1 Billion mark if overseas increases

Takao

Banned
Dead said:
Transformers will probably be the highest grossing domestic film, but Harry Potter is just too huge Overseas for it not to be #1 WW

I still think its possible for TF3 to cross the $1 Billion mark if overseas increases

3D, positive word of mouth, and a while before another similarly themed action blockbuster means it'll cross $1 billion rather easily.

For all the hate ROTF received, it still grossed $836 million.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I love how in all the trailers so far they've made sure there's little to no footage of Rosie or Rosie talking.

Wish they would have went a step ahead and removed her useless, relatively much less attractive ass from the movie altogether.

Otherwise HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE.

big ander

Echoing: despised the second one after only mildly enjoying the first, but I'll be back for this one.

At the very least it should be weirdly exciting to see Chicago get torn up and to see the scenes I got to be briefly on-set for come to life. Beyond that I didn't have any confidence in it, until a friend who doesn't exist and definitely didn't see it early told me that it was the best in the series.

XiaNaphryz said:
Also, ILM not being mentioned in the OP at all is a bit questionable. Come on, we're mentioned on the poster right after the list of actors. ;P
I find it kind of funny that you push ILM more than half the game devs on here push their own products. The effects so far do look great.

Dead

well not really...yet
big ander said:
Echoing: despised the second one after only mildly enjoying the first, but I'll be back for this one.

At the very least it should be weirdly exciting to see Chicago get torn up and to see the scenes I got to be briefly on-set for come to life. Beyond that I didn't have any confidence in it, until a friend who doesn't exist and definitely didn't see it early told me that it was the best in the series.

I find it kind of funny that you push ILM more than half the game devs on here push their own products. The effects so far do look great.
Is this imaginary friend the same one as Expendables? :lol

Pretty much every impression so far says its the best one yet, which is good news since I enjoyed the first one, despite hating the shit out of ROTF

big ander

Dead said:
Is this imaginary friend the same one as Expendables? :lol

Pretty much every impression so far says its the best one yet, which is good news since I enjoyed the first one, despite hating the shit out of ROTF
Yeah and those positive impressions had me bracing for failure a little less, but having someone whose tastes pretty much match yours hypothetically tell you he liked it is a lot more confidence-boosting.

And definitely not the same friend at all :lol

3N16MA

Banned
XiaNaphryz said:

I added ILM. I figure the effects play just as an important role (if not more) than many of the actors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom