• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon |OT| - Bigger, Badder, Better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead

well not really...yet
First blu-ray review is live

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Transformers-Dark-of-the-Moon-Blu-ray/23573/#Review

xbqm1.jpg

4VlrH.jpg

VSF1t.jpg

Looks nice, but Ill be waiting for the superior 3D edition in November/December

This barebones edition will also include a $10 off coupon for that version

Nizz

Is this a new thing now, releasing Blu-ray/DVD movies on Fridays? X-Men: First Class last week and now Transformers. I missed seeing this in theaters but I'll definitely catch it on home video.

Takao

Banned
I know there's a Wal-Mart exclusive, what's the dealio this time? First film had the quasi-animated comic, and the second had the Imax cut.

Takao

Banned
3N16MA said:
Every store is going to have their own packaging or trinket included.

So Wal-Mart only gets the Sentinnel packaging? Eh, that's a step down from the previous two exclusives they've had.

Takao

Banned
3N16MA said:
No IMAX this time around.

Yeah, but I guess I was thinking Wal-Mart would get another motion comic or something.

Anyways, Best Buy exclusive packaging:
rMpPD.jpg

Wal-Mart exclusive packaging:
heZJV.jpg

I'm unaware of any other North American packaging varients. I'm expecting either Best Buy or Future Shop up here to carry a Steelbook edition (maybe the Amazon Germany one?). But I'll hold out until the SEs are out.

People were telling the truth when they said it was better than RotF.

But the movie still sucked major balls. Michael Bay is a fucking terrible director. Shia Lebeef is a super annoying actor.

At least the blonde chick was pleasing to the eye and a super upgrade from trailer park Megan Fox.

Okay, there are other things to question but my biggest problem was (related to one of those pictures
pulling Cybertron pretty much onto Earth. Gravitational disruption much? That big a planet, even if it's partly hollow, would be like switching Moon and Jupiter around.

Just saw this.

This is possibly the most bloated film I've seen in my entire life. The acting is wooden, the characters are dull and undeveloped, the plot is nonsense, the humans' stories get in the way of what is really happening, I could never tell why what was happening was happening.

Basically, if I hadn't been able to heckle the movie with friends this would have been a complete waste of 2.5 hours. On the plus side Bay seemed to finally figure out how to do a shot that actually allows you to see what the battles actually look like.

Also, WTF AT THE FPS CAMERA VIEW. WORST IDEA EVER.

reggie

Banned
I just watched this, there are people who actually enjoy this? Possibly the worst movie I have ever seen, so mind numbingly bad. Half way though I started thinking about life, what my life had become that I would subject myself to such amazing levels of dog shit. I even contemplated taking my own life.

Fuck this movie.

Gui_PT

reggie said:
I just watched this, there are people who actually enjoy this? Possibly the worst movie I have ever seen, so mind numbingly bad. Half way though I started thinking about life, what my life had become that I would subject myself to such amazing levels of dog shit. I even contemplated taking my own life.

Fuck this movie.

Have you watched Transformers 2?

reggie

Banned
Gui_PT said:
Have you watched Transformers 2?
Yes, but I don't remember it being this bad. Maybe my tolerance for this shit has changed, I don't know. All I know is that this movie was fucking terrible.

Gui_PT

reggie said:
Yes, but I don't remember it being this bad. Maybe my tolerance for this shit has changed, I don't know. All I know is that this movie was fucking terrible.

Well, most of it is bad, I must agree. But if you're in the mood for dumb action movies(which people are sometimes), it's a great movie.

Yeah it's bad

JdFoX187

Banned
reggie said:
While I've enjoyed all three movies, Revenge of the Fallen is easily the worst of the trilogy. Dark of the Moon is nowhere near as bad as it was.

Quick

Banned
I enjoyed all three movies. I like the occasional dumb action movie. I'm waiting on the blu-ray release with special features, since the ones currently out now are stupidly overpriced.

Kinyou

I thought it was hilarious how
the autobots came off as the bad guys. Optimus is just like: "We'll kill them all!" "Take no prisoners!" (lol even the decepticons took prisoners). And then he kills megatron who just saved his life and executes his old, unarmed mentor.

duk

Banned
really needs an extended version, characters are way underdeveloped. too much going on with no clear message

sigh

Takao

Banned
Ultimate Collection Signature Edition:

gNL8X.jpg

JdHzz.jpg

wFAQr.jpg

There will only be 5,000 made.
They will be autographed by Bay.
Will be sold on Amazon.com and another US retailer.
They will contain the 3 TF Blu-ray movies + behind the scenes stuff.
It will be out in December.

Takao

Banned
So it's confirmed each of those will be individually signed by Bay, and it'll include the 3D Blu-Ray as well. It's set for January 31, 2012.

Carbonox

Does Europe get any fancy trilogy edition rather than a bog standard run of the mill boxset? Need all three of these films on Blu-Ray.

.GqueB.

Banned
I purchased this from Best Buy the other day ($10? Cant beat that) and watched for a second time and you know what I noticed?

The autobots are fucking psycho in this movie. Sentinel Prime had Optimus down for the count and he spared his life. Then when the decpticons took down the autobots, they actually took them as prisoner before Dylan decided they should kill them. Showed mercy on so many occasions (except when they tried to blow them up of course but still).

And then you have the autobots.

When they take down the pilot of one of those ships they immediately start ripping his body apart. Gruesomely. And during the last battle, Optimus is down again BEGGING Sentinel not to kill him and the second he gets the jump on Sentinel he gives him two to the chest. Not to mention what he did to Megatron. These guys are psychopaths. It was so weird watching this movie with that on my mind.

B.K.

That's why I say that Optimus Prime is the true villain of the movie. That's not even counting the fact that
Optimus and the Autobots let the Decepticons take over Chicago and kill an untold number of humans just to prove to the Earth governments that they need the Autobots around.

Hero

That's why I say that Optimus Prime is the true villain of the movie. That's not even counting the fact that
Optimus and the Autobots let the Decepticons take over Chicago and kill an untold number of humans just to prove to the Earth governments that they need the Autobots around.

What? The Autobots made everyone believe they left Earth so they could sneak into Chicago with an element of surprise. I'm not saying it's a great plot device but that's what it was for and not too far from the source material.

I purchased this from Best Buy the other day ($10? Cant beat that) and watched for a second time and you know what I noticed?

The autobots are fucking psycho in this movie. Sentinel Prime had Optimus down for the count and he spared his life. Then when the decpticons took down the autobots, they actually took them as prisoner before Dylan decided they should kill them. Showed mercy on so many occasions (except when they tried to blow them up of course but still).

And then you have the autobots.

When they take down the pilot of one of those ships they immediately start ripping his body apart. Gruesomely. And during the last battle, Optimus is down again BEGGING Sentinel not to kill him and the second he gets the jump on Sentinel he gives him two to the chest. Not to mention what he did to Megatron. These guys are psychopaths. It was so weird watching this movie with that on my mind.

In the 2nd movie the autobots where hunting down remaining decepticons in a similar way to how the sith were hunting down jedi.

in war, no1 wins.

.GqueB.

Banned
What? The Autobots made everyone believe they left Earth so they could sneak into Chicago with an element of surprise. I'm not saying it's a great plot device but that's what it was for and not too far from the source material.

Well when they got to Chicago, Optimus said something about how the America government now know why they are needed or something along those lines. He basically said they did it to prove a point.

And along with that, they didnt exactly use the element of surprise to their advantage. They just went in as they normally wouldve. A violent, murderous, horrifying rampage.

The
Decepticons and the American government forced the Autobots to leave.

Lothars

The

Exactly, I disagree that Optimus was the true villian.

Takao

Banned
jJDMw.jpg

Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray / DVD / Digital Copy combo pack, presented in the film's original aspect ratio of 2.39:1. No word on if this will include extras. Listing is for Jan 31.

ElRenoRaven

http://i.imgur.com/jJDMw.jpg[IMG]

Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray / DVD / Digital Copy combo pack, presented in the film's original aspect ratio of 2.39:1. No word on if this will include extras. Listing is for Jan 31.[/QUOTE]

Sweet. Can't wait. It's been hard to hold out for a proper copy with all the extras. I'll be buying it without a doubt to complete my collection.

B.K.

The

Yes, they were forced to leave, but they could have reappeared any time they wanted to after their shuttle was destroyed. They waited until the Decepticons had completely taken over Chicago to prove that they were needed.

The signature edition in that huge steel box will be $100.

I expected that to be a lot more expensive.

Oh well, I'm Eurotrash anyway. I'm only getting the DVD for this one somewhere down the line, to complete my collection. Too bad the ones I've seen in stores already don't have a slipcase like my T1 and 2 DVD's do...

Got around to watching this on Blu Ray. Horribly contrived script, including artless attempts at comedy that only serve to deflate any sense of tension or gravitas from what little plot there is. The set pieces were technically impressive but they were essentially the same trick over and over and they failed to invest me emotionally in any of the players involved. The action dragged on and on and by the 2000th explosion of metal/sparks/buildings I was numb and bored. The whole thing was just so incredibly shallow and one note.

hayejin

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Three-Disc-Combo-Blu-ray-Digital/dp/B006JSXYPA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&tag=blurayforum00-20&qid=1326418764&sr=8-2

$37.99 @amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Limited-Collectors-Trilogy-Seven-Disc/dp/B006OT03BM/ref=sr_1_6?s=movies-tv&tag=blurayforum00-20&ie=UTF8&qid=1326419031&sr=1-6

Limited Collector's Edition at whopping $111.99

41DqxzXN8-L._AA300_.jpg
31fkmpipRoL._AA300_.jpg

I miss the days of old Circuit City. Competition with Best Buy meant the retailers would always lower the hit DVD price by 5 to 10 dollar on launch Tuesdays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom