• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers: Devastation |OT| Rising in Disguise

Megatron

vCLwZzE.jpg

TRANSFORMERS: DEVASTATION
Release Date: October 6th, 2015
Players: 1
Genre: 3rd Person Action
Developer: Platinum Games
Publisher: Activision
Price: $49.99
Platforms: XB1, PS4, PC, PS3, 360
Music by: Vince Dicoloa and Kenny Meriedeth
Director: Kenji Saito
Lead game designer: Hiroshi Shibata
50 Challenge missions
5 difficulty levels: Easy, Normal, Hard available right away, plus two higher unlockable difficulty levels
1080p 60 FPS on PS4/XB1, 720p 60 FPS on 360/PS3
Online: None.
Playable Autobots:

LllHTKL.jpg

Optimus Prime
QeY4Hex.jpg

Wheeljack:
hoCjoFR.jpg

Bumblebee
0YqzbFL.jpg

Grimlock
jPpWGzq.jpg

Sideswipe
Original Voice Actors:
Peter Cullen – Optimus prime
Dan Gilvezan – Bumblebee
Michael Bell – Sideswipe
Gregg Berger – Grimlock
Frank Welker – Megatron & Soundwave

STORY
Megatron discovers a way to harness the power of Plasma Energy to cyberform the planet Earth, destroying organic life and turning the planet to metal, Optimus Prime and the Autobots must work to bring down the Plasma-powered Decepticons.

SUMMARY
The game is essentially a third person arena combat game infused with Platinum's signature combat style -aerial combats, dodges, parries, etc. You can switch characters at any time. There is a skill system, each character can be upgraded by purchasing skills via points earned by playing the game. Each transformer controls uniquely and has different traits. The main campaign is relatively short, but there is a lot of replayability in the form of 5 different characters to play as, 5 different difficulty levels, and a loot system where players can find unique and rare weapon upgrades for their characters. Each weapon has its own combo set. On top of that are 50 challenge missions, some of which allow you to replay boss battles, and other scenarios from the game.

Preorder Skins:
NtuNV9N.jpg

GIFaf540.gif

Credit goes to glassgannon for summary details and when I figure out who came up with Rising in Disguise, I will credit them as well.
First OT. Be gentle.
Edit - Could a mod please fix the title? Should say Transformers: Devastation |OT| Rising in Disguise

iosefe

holy shit, music by Vince DiCola. they're just doing everything right

very excited for this game. got some money ready for it

Tizoc

Someone fix the title so it includes the game's full name :p

Gonna aim to beat this ame tomorrow then start on the higher difficulties.

Picking up my preorder tomorrow, I've been counting the days! :D

I'm in for anything Platinum does* and I've wanted a proper G1 Transformers game my whole life.

Except Legend of Korra

So I ordered this game, wanted to cancel it, and forgot it was coming out and now it's on its way into my mailbox tomorrow.

It came to $45 CAD, and I kind of want to hope it'll be worth it. I desperately want this to be good now.

KDC720

I love all things Platinum, even thought Korra was pretty decent for what it was. Strongly considering picking this one up tomorrow after class.

I'm going to pick this up tomorrow and then be completely unable to play it for at least a week because of schoolwork..

Monocle

Yay, my favorite subtitle made it in the OT. Maybe just kindly ask a mod to change the Transformers part to Transformers: Devastation.

I wasn't sure if I was going to go day one on this, but yep, I'm in. If nothing else, it'll ease the wait for Halo 5.

Good call including that awesome gif. It says a lot more than some dry description of the action.

Starscream did nothing wrong
No lies detected.

Megatron must be stopped. No matter the cost.
Why throw away your life so recklessly?

Was it confirmed that Vince DiCola is doing the music for this then? Last I read no one had found any concrete info one way or another.

Hope it's true, though.

Really excited for this. I'm taking a break from DMC4:SE to learn this games combat system.
The car shift mechanic looks a lot like Witch time with the game not having any jump cancels. I'm hyped anyway.

Gotta wait til Friday(though I'm sure Shopto will ship early) but man it's gonna tough watching people play.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Can't decide- pc or ps4....

Revengence was a great port on PC, but who knows with this one.

RexNovis

Banned
Is nobody else even slightly apprehensive about this game seeing as its 24 hours from release and we have yet to see a single review for it? Not exactly a good sign.

Is nobody else even slightly apprehensive about this game seeing as its 24 hours from release and we have yet to see a single review for it? Not exactly a good sign.

I'm certainly waiting for reviews to surface before putting money down.

I love Platinum and all but I'm not sure its got enough to be worth the £32 asking price.

NotLiquid

Music by: Vince Dicoloa and Kenny Meriedeth

2Fx4nWV.gif

Whoah. This is news to me.

People I follow on Twitter have been blowing this up a lot so I'm actually pretty excited, in spite of the low coverage making it seem up until now that it's another Korra-esque joint.

Hypron

Aw man. I just finished MGSV yesterday and thought I'd take a few weeks off gaming. But then I forgot about this.

It's also weird, the game is much cheaper in NZD than in USD (NZ$59 vs ~US$50). I know the exchange rate is in favour of the USD at the moment but still. Not that I'll complain about it though.

Top Bottom