• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers: Devastation |OT| Rising in Disguise

Monocle

Not that there's anything wrong with the OST (I love what I heard), but I hope there's some way we can add our music to the game on the PC version. I'd love playing the game with the classic tracks from the 86' movie.
Maybe I'm part of the problem here, but I'd pay for a classic music pack. Actually, I've never minded DLC in Platinum's games. They usually offer a decent value.

Grief.exe

d2DWDi0.png

E9ixyCY.gif

For clarity, it's the release date that is killing me right now.

Karak

I do have to say I love the way the difficulty levels adjust the game compared to almost every game out there. The changes ups were enjoyable finishing up all the challenge missions now.
The op says the campaign is short, how short are we talking? 6 - 8 hours? Hopefully no shorter than that.
4.5 on normal. Maybe almost 5 on hard. About 30 minutes extra per difficulty level. Depending on how you handle the very last boss battle. Some are finding it tough.

RPGCrazied

I do have to say I love the way the difficulty levels adjust the game compared to almost every game out there. The changes ups were enjoyable finishing up all the challenge missions now.

4.5 on normal. Maybe almost 5 on hard. About 30 minutes extra per difficulty level. Depending on how you handle the very last boss battle. Some are finding it tough.

Dang, that is short. My love for transformers isn't enough, I'll wait for a price drop or two.

Karak

Dang, that is short. My love for transformers isn't enough, I'll wait for a price drop or two.

Well the challange missions, about 50 are there as well. Though word of warning many are copies of battles in the main levels. Which I found a bit disappointing. Again difficulty changes them up.

I rated it a buy regardless Link to review

I am finding that if your a fan of both Transformers and Platnium you will probably be fine with the game. But if you aren't a diehard then you may not be at the full price.

I can tell you this of the 20 odd people I know who are or have played it. Many disagree with me and don't like it. So...not sure what that adds but I think there is going to be a lot of arguing about the game come this week.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.

Justinh

Not that there's anything wrong with the OST (I love what I heard), but I hope there's some way we can add our music to the game on the PC version. I'd love playing the game with the classic tracks from the 86' movie.

Yeah, I think the soundtrack is kinda neat, but it doesn't hold a candle to the movie soundtrack. It's only ten clams at amazon, free to listen for prime members, I think...

Kind of surprised there's no Blaster.

latest

Look out and shout, ow!

I want a masterpiece of him, right after I can afford to get a Soundwave...
Watched a bit of gameplay, I'm very sad it doesn't feature the original American G1 Transformers TV soundtrack by Johnny Douglas & Robert J. Walsh.

For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du9Yna_yyRQ&list=PL-yWf5qwQPdZ6xK6IzMQq7wNqs9C_4Uap

Good Lord, this takes me back...

Normally I'd say the same thing but I get tons of mileage out of Platinum games. Bayonetta 1 & 2, Vanquish, Wonderful 101, MG Rising, I've played them over and over and over again. Just like classic action games from the 80s and 90s, which is really what Platinum titles are an evolution of.

c0Zm1c

Watched a bit of gameplay, I'm very sad it doesn't feature the original American G1 Transformers TV soundtrack by Johnny Douglas & Robert J. Walsh.

For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du9Yna_yyRQ&list=PL-yWf5qwQPdZ6xK6IzMQq7wNqs9C_4Uap

I've got to say that while I can't complain about the music I've heard from the game so far my memories are of the TV series (particularly the More Than Meets The Eye episodes, or Arrival From Cybertron as it was titled on VHS here in the UK) and its soundtrack and I would have preferred that, or something closer to that.

Grief.exe

Game.co.uk has the PC version releasing with the rest of them for around half the price.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/transformers-devastation-bumper-pre-order-dlc-pack-647726

Amazon uk doesn't list a release date for the physical PC version though it seems to be selling it at both £44 and £17 (as separate listings, both fulfilled by Amazon).

I hope the Amazon release date is just place holder and I get the game soon.

Mainly, I'd like to participate in the OT, but honestly I have plenty of games to play anyways.

Jintor

Reviews for action games should be taken with a grain of salt. If the game doesn't have accessible elements that even bad players can appreciate, like Bayonetta 2's vivid graphics and dynamic presentation, then you can be sure the scores won't reflect its quality, as only a small fraction of reviewers will be skilled enough to accurately judge the gameplay mechanics. See: The Wonderful 101's critical reception.

Don't forget how the second worst game in the Devil May Cry series, DmC, was widely lauded as a vast improvement on the earlier games just because its graphics were shinier and its combat was much much easier to get into.

i'll never understand how some reviewers concluded that the colour coding system which essentially locks you out of half your moveset vs certain enemies and worse was any good at all

CHC

Wait it's out TOMORROW? WTF

Soundtrack song is incredible. Makes we wanna turn into a car and do a burnout on my prone foes.

Grief.exe

Reviews for action games should be taken with a grain of salt. If the game doesn't have accessible elements that even bad players can appreciate, like Bayonetta 2's vivid graphics and dynamic presentation, then you can be sure the scores won't reflect its quality, as only a small fraction of reviewers will be skilled enough to accurately judge the gameplay mechanics. See: The Wonderful 101's critical reception.

Don't forget how the second worst game in the Devil May Cry series, DmC, was widely lauded as a vast improvement on the earlier games just because its graphics were shinier and its combat was much much easier to get into.

i'll never understand how some reviewers concluded that the colour coding system which essentially locks you out of half your moveset vs certain enemies and worse was any good at all

We deserve a better class of journalism for the fastest growing entertainment medium of all time.

Karak

And done with all the challenges. Getting S isn't as hard as I thought it would be on some of them but man a couple I just couldn't do. I will sleep on it and return back and I bet I will rock them. Nothing like a gamejuvination sleep.

Justinh

Wait it's out TOMORROW? WTF

Soundtrack song is incredible. Makes we wanna turn into a car and do a burnout on my prone foes.

I know right?!

Even though I've been...sort of keeping an eye out for stuff on this game since it was leaked like 3 months ago, it still feels like it came out of nowhere to me,

I'm not expecting it to be peak Platinum but I am looking forward to a fun session when I get home from work tomorrow. Really excited to play this.

Goddamit this game's launch snuck up on me, I'll have to miss pre ordering :(

Hopefully the preorder bonuses are available as DLC

8jNb0fn.gif

Didn't know this was coming out so soon. Unfortunately it's going to have to wait for now, will be getting it at the end of this month. I'm excited to read the impressions though, should be good. I enjoyed their take on Avatar so I'm sure Transformers is going to be even better.

drotahorror

Just run your favorite music player with your favorite music in the background? This has always been a choice with any pc game.

Shouldn't the title be Transformers Devastation? =X
I almost didn't even enter the thread.

Anyway, good OT.

I won't be playing the game this month, though, way too busy D=

Hopefully when I do get it people will have found a way to unlock the higher difficulties with a cheat code.

Posted impressions in another thread, but as a person who knows little about Transformers the game kicks ass. It's a great action game, and if you like anything Platinum has done before you'll love this. Rather short and simple, but good nonetheless. Not AAA, but b-tier. 4/5.

Top Bottom