• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers: Devastation |OT| Rising in Disguise

The original Transformers show and toys were a little after my time and the Michael Bay movies are garbage that I'd never watch. Still, I couldn't resist pre-ordering this since Platinum is at the helm. All signs from this OT look good. Really looking forward to giving this a whirl tomorrow.

Drayco21

Looking forward to picking this up a little while down the line; even with reservations about its direction, a character action Platinum game about the Transformers is too good to ignore.

Yep with his hands as handlebars and one single wheel.
For me Venom, Thunderhawk, and Rhino were the shit.
85catalogf.jpg

I had the condor and a purple race car that isn't pictured. Mask was awesome. I read hasbro has started working on the mask IP again, which is all kinds of awesome

I thought M.A.S.k. was being worked into the GI Joe ip for a a 3rd film. But I always thought it made more sense in Transformers as humans reverse engineering transformers alas Silas in the Prime series

Karak

I had the condor and a purple race car that isn't pictured. Mask was awesome. I read hasbro has started working on the mask IP again, which is all kinds of awesome

Ya there was some rumours of that. I can't wait if they do. A MASK game could actually work very well.

Justinh

Holy poop! Just looked up the intro and yeah, this shit is rad as fuck!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Z1yLO9C-Q
edit: This was for M.A.S.K. I should probably stop with that...

OT, just got an email from amazon about my preorder bonus with a code. Can't see if it works yet because I was greeted with a >1 gig update when I booted up.
Maybe new dash? Wheeeee!

edit:Oh! I'm a dummy. I could just redeem it on the website. Yeah, it works fine already.

I don't know if review codes went out.

I was never able to get into Transformers as a kid (I know, I know). It just didn't interest me much.

However, I have played a few of the games and they've been pretty good. And this one showed potential when I played it at E3 -- although I only got five minutes in with it.

BokehKing

Banned
I may not be getting this day 1 but will probably be the only game I buy this holiday season. A fun fighter with gen 1 transformers? Yes please

Jobbs

Banned
Why can't we preload????!

I conveniently have tomorrow off, so will jump on the game as soon as it unlocks :)

On NA PSN I am preloading. It doesn't explicitly advertise preload, but apparently you can (at least here in NA PSN).

about 30 min left.

Thats my review FYI. Though I found some problems with the title it was worth the cash to me. It just wasn't amazballz or anything.

Great review, and thanks for the video. It looked like a lot of fun, even though I'm not a Transformers buff. I do love me some Platinum and even their worst was good (Korra).

so missed the preorder window and cant preload. PSN needs to just update now so I can buy it normally. I have about 50 bucks sitting on PSN and would spend it here.

Zomba13

Yeah man, I grew up watching this version of Transformers and love it but, it really looks terrible streaming. I'll prob still purchase it to support Platinum but fuuuuuu.

Try watching this one . Maybe mute them if you find them annoying but it shows off the game well.

Monocle

Super Best Friends Play has their video up tonight as well. They should have some quality gameplay because they're huge Platinum fans and know how to play their games.
Game looks hype as fuck tbh. I'm double sold now.

Nice to see a video where the people playing actually care about character action games!
Refreshing.

I still remember watching journalists mash their way through Bayonetta's E3 demo months before that demo was available to the public. The pain...

So is Bestbuy not getting the preorder bonuses? I mean it's not the end of the world, but nothing says it's retailer exclusive..

Gusto

Try watching this one . Maybe mute them if you find them annoying but it shows off the game well.

I had to mute it, them dudes annoyed me. I want to love it and the aesthetics look great but, I've seen several steams and the game looks super bland. I'll still prob pick it up tomorrow but, Uncharted comes out this Friday. I'm not made out of money.

Jtrizzy

Yeah there was one guy who kept yelling into his mic. That was too painful to watch. Game looks great though. Just trying a NZ VPN and it didn't unlock, wish this were coming out tonight.

Top Bottom