• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers: Devastation |OT| Rising in Disguise

Corpsepyre

Banned
Hopefully this game is a hit and they can then work on a sequel with a bigger story and Hot Rod, Galvatron, Quintessons, Sharktacons and....UNICRON, with his animated movie design!

Fuck, that would be rad and a dream come true.

dwix

Can't wait to play this, especially as Wheeljack... Hurry up tomorrow! I'm ready for my nostalgia trip.

Justinh

Hopefully this game is a hit and they can then work on a sequel with a bigger story and Hot Rod, Galvatron, Quintessons, Sharktacons and....UNICRON, with his animated movie design!

This might make me sound like a nerd, but I kinda want to play as Perceptor. and of course Hot Rod and Kup.

Oh, they can just rename the planet of Junk to _____ nevermind, lol...

Shauni

Not to tot my own horn, but Rising in Disguise was my suggestion. I thought it was cool, but had no idea it would end up being the actual title. Thanks for using it!

Can't wait to pick this up tomorrow.

Corpsepyre

Banned
This might make me sound like a nerd, but I kinda want to play as Perceptor. and of course Hot Rod and Kup.

Oh, they can just rename the planet of Junk to _____ nevermind, lol...

Imagine playing through that sequence where Hot Rod and Kup battle out the Decepticreeps after they eject from the Autobot ship at the start of the animated movie, with big budget set-pieces while you've transformed into a car and then some.

Occam

holy shit, music by Vince DiCola. they're just doing everything right

very excited for this game. got some money ready for it

Does it have the real 80s Transformers TV soundtrack? The trailer had some sort of generic music.

Corpsepyre

Banned
The 'Main Theme' sounds a little underwhelming. The boss music someone linked earlier in the other thread was dope though.

t1gerjaw

What? Hiroshi Shibata is the Lead Designer?

Fuck, I want this. I don't like Transformers but love Platinum.
Unfortunately, I'll have to wait for a price drop.

New002

Imagine playing through that sequence where Hot Rod and Kup battle out the Decepticreeps after they eject from the Autobot ship at the start of the animated movie, with big budget set-pieces while you've transformed into a car and then some.

Take the Transformers '86 movie with original soundtrack intact...and then let me play it. Yeah I like where your head's at.

Unfortunately I'm gonna be slammed with work for the foreseeable future so I'm going to have to pick this up further down the road.

AmyS

Yeah.

A dream come true would be more combiners. (Autobot & Decepticon teams) - Aerialbots / Superion, Protectobots / Defensor, Stunticons / Menasor, Combaticons/ Bruticus.

And Metroplex & Trypticon!.

g1-trypticon-gif-o.gif

8pfrBau.png

The season 2 & 3 stuff.

Bizazedo

Yeah.

A dream come true would be more combiners. (Autobot & Decepticon teams) - Aerialbots / Superion, Protectobots / Defensor, Stunticons / Menasor, Combaticons/ Bruticus.

Fall of Cybertron was amazing. More should've bought it.

Jintor

Is nobody else even slightly apprehensive about this game seeing as its 24 hours from release and we have yet to see a single review for it? Not exactly a good sign.

A bit, especially given that Activision tried to bury Tony Hawk 5, but the gifs I'm seeing and the general chatter is a lot more positive, and also - it's Platinum, not Robomodo or whatever

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
If there are some amazing Dicoloa tracks in this game I might just fucking lose it start a Saito religion.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Yeah.

The season 2 & 3 stuff.

Please don't play with my heart.

TreIII

Is nobody else even slightly apprehensive about this game seeing as its 24 hours from release and we have yet to see a single review for it? Not exactly a good sign.

There's like full playthroughs of the game on Youtube, by now. Granted, it's not high level play at all, but you won't get a better showcase of if this game is really something "for you" or not.

Monocle

Reviews for action games should be taken with a grain of salt. If the game doesn't have accessible elements that even bad players can appreciate, like Bayonetta 2's vivid graphics and dynamic presentation, then you can be sure the scores won't reflect its quality, as only a small fraction of reviewers will be skilled enough to accurately judge the gameplay mechanics. See: The Wonderful 101's critical reception.

Don't forget how the second worst game in the Devil May Cry series, DmC, was widely lauded as a vast improvement on the earlier games just because its graphics were shinier and its combat was much much easier to get into.

jackdoe

There's like full playthroughs of the game on Youtube, by now. Granted, it's not high level play at all, but you won't get a better showcase of if this game is really something "for you" or not.
Some of those full playthroughs are about four and a half hours long. This is going to be a short game.

Monocle

Some of those full playthroughs are about four and a half hours long. This is going to be a short game.
It's a Platinum game though. All that really matters is replayability, which is mostly determined by gameplay quality.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
People in the previous TD thread who played the game confirmed that the main story indeed is 4-5 hours long, but the game has a challenge mode and random loot, so at least there's that.

I fully expect this to be a solid but ultimately unexceptional brawler. Which is about as much as you can expect from type of thing, honestly.

cj_iwakura

Omg thank you based cross-gen. Never leave. Gimme that PS3 version.
(OT title is amazing.)

And Starscream? This is bad comedy.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Not that there's anything wrong with the OST (I love what I heard), but I hope there's some way we can add our music to the game on the PC version. I'd love playing the game with the classic tracks from the 86' movie.

Top Bottom