• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers: Devastation |OT| Rising in Disguise

Posted impressions in another thread, but as a person who knows little about Transformers the game kicks ass. It's a great action game, and if you like anything Platinum has done before you'll love this. Rather short and simple, but good nonetheless. Not AAA, but b-tier. 4/5.

I feared that it might be short.

Replay value?

mdubs

Banned
Forgive me father for I have taken a peek at the soundtrack and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxf2EJXD1Ns

tumblr_inline_nf9lvhiZoO1rmqtbw.gif

oh-lord-jesus-amaaazinng.png

Please deliver it unto me based P*

iWgILpR.gif

Buying this on Steam tonight. This topic sold me

and will break in my new steam controller/steam link with this game when I get those in a few short weeks

Tempted to purchase this right away, but want to hold off and see what more people have to say about the combat first. Hearing some say that it's even more simple than MGR is somewhat disheartening. I'll be picking it up eventually for sure, just maybe not at full price.

I have no interest in transformers or nostalgia (despite growing up in their prime, i was a MASK kid) but is this going to be a good platinum action game?

I skipped that korra game because it looked dull. Is this the real platinum action i've been craving?

Karak

I have no interest in transformers or nostalgia (despite growing up in their prime, i was a MASK kid) but is this going to be a good platinum action game?

I skipped that korra game because it looked dull. Is this the real platinum action i've been craving?

I...would wait just a bit and see where more people come down on it. And I rated it a Buy but still.

Also Fist Bump for MASK

malfcn

Not on BBY website? This could tank if it's hard to find.
Ah, oddly "Transformers" only pulls movies..and Rise, not Devastation..unless you search for Devastation.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
That thread title, it's beautiful ;_;

Shinjiru

Playing with G.I. Joe, MASK and Transformers (G1) toys are some of my favorite memories about being a kid in the 80s.

Excited to play this tomorrow afternoon.

Karak

I am blown away by all the Mask Fans so awesome.
Now we need some Wheeled Warrior and Galaxy Rangers fans in here lol

well my preorder is in. i won't be able to play until this weekend. you guys keep the hype alive and give some impressions. i love those gifs, but i won't be spoiling that OST until i start this myself.

have faith in platinum.

jon_dojah

Banned
I am blown away by all the Mask Fans so awesome.
Now we need some Wheeled Warrior and Galaxy Rangers fans in here lol

Dont have any of MASK stuff anymore but I do have at least one or two Wheeled Warrior vehicles in storage somewhere.

Justinh

Wow, M.A.S.K.
I remember loving it as a kid, but all I can remember about it now is a car? that turns into two motorcycles? I dunno. I think it had a rad intro though.

edit: this is the thing I was remembering.

Monocle

If I wasn't already sold on this game that gif would've done it.
Yeah, pretty much.

It's this kind of game that makes you wish you could time travel back to 1984 or whatever with it and just blow minds.

NO ONE would believe it was possible.
I don't think my kiddie mind could have handled it. I probably would have ran around shrieking with my arms above my head for a few hours.

Karak

unpaid shilling is the future

Then they are the past. Because they certainly get paid.

Wow, M.A.S.K.
I remember loving it as a kid, but all I can remember about it now is a car? that turns into two motorcycles? I dunno. I think it had a rad intro though.

Matt Trackers car opens its car doors like winds, the Two Motorcycles was the second season one of the badguys care could do that. The best was the Semi truck.

Shaneus

Wow, M.A.S.K.
Didn't the kid in it own a robot that turned into a motorcycle?

But man, I loved the shit out of that show. Or am I thinking of COPS? I loved both of them, I know that much.

Karak

Didn't the kid in it own a robot that turned into a motorcycle?

But man, I loved the shit out of that show. Or am I thinking of COPS? I loved both of them, I know that much.

Yep with his hands as handlebars and one single wheel.
For me Venom, Thunderhawk, and Rhino were the shit.
85catalogf.jpg

Top Bottom