• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers Devastation (Platinum Games) boss videos on Facebook

ozprime

tumblr_n2itm6mduv1qcrr5qo2_400.gif

My T-Cog is ready.

ozprime

Ha, didn't Megatron and the other Decepticons actually get drunk as hell in that episode?

Surprised we didn't get a scene like that in any of Micheal Bay's movies, lol.

Drunk Megatron is how tiny Autobots get inside his body to take out killer maguffin (Microbots). :)

Ban Puncher

From what I've seen the car modes aren't exactly on model. Probably didn't want to pony up for the VW (Bumblebee), Lamborghini (Sideswipe) and Lancia (Wheeljack) licenses.

Also, Megatron is not a gun?

EIEJ7gm.gif

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
So I've preordered the PC physical copy of this from Game UK website and it says it's being released next friday along with the other versions. But on a lot of other places it seems to be November 13th. Does anyone know/work for Game know if they are actually releasing the physical PC version at least at Game stores next week ? It's supposed to come with the preorder DLC as well.

I want to get...no let me change that, I NEED this next week. So if it's November 13th from Game I can't be dealing with that.

If I'm not mistaken, I saw a video a couple of days ago showing Challenge missions in the menu and the second one is a fight with all 6 Constructicons at once. So it sounds pretty sweet. How many have you unlocked so far? It sounds pretty similar to Rising's VR Missions unlock scheme.

it is indeed the second challenge. and its destroying me

lupinko

From what I've seen the car modes aren't exactly on model. Probably didn't want to pony up for the VW (Bumblebee), Lamborghini (Sideswipe) and Lancia (Wheeljack) licenses.

Also, Megatron is not a gun?

EIEJ7gm.gif

Those are from the classics/generations line, Bumblebee is using his Suzuki hatchback form for example.

The game is a hodgepodge of the 80s, modern comics and the generations/classics toyline.

Megatron was a tank in G2 and that crossover with GI Joe, it's kinda lame but it still works.

haha, this is great. No offense to Platinum's music composers, but something like this would have been way better; I mean they're going for tickling that 80's TF vibe. And the funny thing is it totally fits, it hits the right notes at the right scenes.

I made it in work lol was bored so iMovie on my phone usually does the trick

So i think ill post info on all that ive come across so far.

- basic combat is classic platinum. dodge/parry(mgr like)/aerial combo's etc. pretty challenging on the second difficulty level, that i played on.
-shooting isnt half assed , its fun and resposive
- lots of fast car platforming, not the least bit annoying
- story is well, .......pretty cartoony.
- you can switch characters at any time through ark portals
- each character has a set type of weapons they can equip, eg optimus can use axes and hammers while bumblebee cannot. but they both can use regular swords or dual wield swords.guns have no such limitations
- speaking of weapons. the game has an rpg like loot/drop system. weapons vary in rarity and effects.you collect plans and theyre developed once you get to the ark for free.you can level them up by sacrificing weaker weapons, add skills through synthesis. a lot of them come with skill boosts like elemental damage(visible), powerups, speed boosts health boosts etc . you get my point.
- there are rare unique weapons. ive found two so far. one was a sword that looks like from the transformers movie, but its always on fire and has a high burn chance.another one was melee gloves but with devastators drills. charge attacks launch those drills and are super useful for breaker shields.
- each weapon has their own combo set
- new moves can be unlocked
- theres a rush mechanic that makes use of the transforming. basically high energy shields that enemies may have can only be broken by transforming and charging towards them mid fight and using a special attack(not as tedious as it sounds)
- there are racing segments embedded naturally
- theyve nailed the artstyle and visuals. the game is gorgeous
- music is very mgr but without vocals
- many types of melee weapons and guns, including snipers , missile launchers etc.
- each tf unit has special traits and different stats that can be levelled up by playing normally. eg: l1 move for optimus is a drift attack where he attaches the back end of his truck and hits a huge aor. but l1 for sideswipe is a quick teleport to the closest enemy in range or a blink dodge . both consume different amounts of the special meter.
- each has a unique ultimate attack
- lots of classic enemy variety. ive seen 10 or more types already i think. and theyve got different movesets and functions. jets may fly and snipe you, some will bombard you, constructicon may throw you with its lift, or dig a hole and attack you from below
- lots of hidden chests and collectible, also theres a shop so im guessing therell be broken post game unlockables like all platinum titles
- there a challenge area with 50+ missions and different euipment rewards(several for each mission) for all difficulty levels
- there a skill system, each tf has a different number of slots(can possibly be levelled up to add more?).skills are unlocked by paying credits in the ark, the more you pay the better the skill/skills(its random)
-you get 4 equip slots. you can switch weapons real time mid combos(can only have a max of 3 melee or 3 ranged at a time)
- ch1 is indeed longer than an hour

ill post when i see/remember more

verdict so far- NOT KORRA

What kind of parry is in this game? Forward + attack or forward by itself? Rising or Bayonetta, basically.

EDIT: Well not "forward" exactly, but "Left stick towards attack." Whatever, you people know what I mean.

rDuJrNT.gif

Holy shit, sleeper game of the year right here.

I'm hoping the Xbox One version isn't too bad myself.

That Mike Matei & Other Guy video from a few days ago told me more about the game than anything since the E3 announcement.
Bad form Activision.

Only a couple of youtubers have played it so far, but it's almost certainly going to be like Korra and Rising, that is to say, not much in the way of bells and whistles but perfect performance even on toasters. They've finally added unlocked resolution though, so the combo of downsampling and that purdy cel-shading might make a difference.

Hmm...Tempting.
Shame there's no deals going around.

Peff

Any word on the PC version? Best version or crappy, no thought port?

Only a couple of youtubers have played it so far, but it's almost certainly going to be like Korra and Rising, that is to say, not much in the way of bells and whistles but perfect performance even on toasters. They've finally added unlocked resolution though, so the combo of downsampling and that purdy cel-shading might make a difference.

Sounds good enough for me, this way I can either see if I can get the PS4 version early, and if not, just quickly preorder the steam version for the dlc stuff

I've noticed that most of the videos so far have pretty bad players. This isn't really unusual as far as game streaming goes though. It would be nice to see players actually take advantage of gameplay gimmicks which are so obviously being telegraphed. When Devastator is knocked down, I hardly see anyone take the time to jump up and combo his head for example, or when he's walking around, you can use your range weapons to hit his head to stun him for a moment too. The Megatron fight in the energy ring also seems to have a mechanic where you can hit Megatron onto the energy barrier to stun him while you unload range attacks on him, since it's designed like a wrestling ring. When the Devastator stage boss gets into drill mode, I've seen a trailer show that you can parry the drill projectile to grab it and throw it back too. Wish we could see more of that sort of gameplay from youtubers.

Yeah, like I said before, I wish they'd send some codes to the hardcore action game community so they could really sell the game to people who care about the mechanics more than anything else. I guess they stick with the big guys who don't specialize in the genre because they have far more reach, but they're really failing to pitch the meat of the game as a result.

Overall the game seems great from the infodump on the last page, and I don't regret preordering at all. It helps that Platinum does a better job at PC ports than some of the much bigger studios do. I think the gear and skill systems will give casual and hardcore fans much more of an incentive to play the game multiple times than past Platinum titles. It's looking like that $50 price is justified for sure.

duckroll

How many chapters are there?

I need to preorder this now.

There are 7 chapters, but they're probably not of equal length, if Rising was anything to go by.

Any word on the PC version? Best version or crappy, no thought port?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZy5D14lvsE

This video shows off all the PC settings options at the start. You can also see for yourself how it performs in 1080p in the video. The settings are pretty barebones, but there's button mapping, resolution options, V-sync, AA, texture filtering, blur, shadows. Should be good enough for most people, this isn't exactly a high end looking game!

I was watching the video of some youtuber which had the Activision's producer of the game and I was wondering why they didn't send some early copies to people that knows how to play action games. There's must be some semi-famous youtubers that know how to actually play games.

This dude I was speaking of, all he did was smash the same combos, no parry, no "witch time"...it was awful to watch. If I was supossed to buy that game looking at that footage, I would pass it, seriously.

BY2K

Membero Americo
So i think ill post info on all that ive come across so far.

- basic combat is classic platinum. dodge/parry(mgr like)/aerial combo's etc. pretty challenging on the second difficulty level, that i played on.
-shooting isnt half assed , its fun and resposive
- lots of fast car platforming, not the least bit annoying
- story is well, .......pretty cartoony.
- you can switch characters at any time through ark portals
- each character has a set type of weapons they can equip, eg optimus can use axes and hammers while bumblebee cannot. but they both can use regular swords or dual wield swords.guns have no such limitations
- speaking of weapons. the game has an rpg like loot/drop system. weapons vary in rarity and effects.you collect plans and theyre developed once you get to the ark for free.you can level them up by sacrificing weaker weapons, add skills through synthesis. a lot of them come with skill boosts like elemental damage(visible), powerups, speed boosts health boosts etc . you get my point.
- there are rare unique weapons. ive found two so far. one was a sword that looks like from the transformers movie, but its always on fire and has a high burn chance.another one was melee gloves but with devastators drills. charge attacks launch those drills and are super useful for breaker shields.
- each weapon has their own combo set
- new moves can be unlocked
- theres a rush mechanic that makes use of the transforming. basically high energy shields that enemies may have can only be broken by transforming and charging towards them mid fight and using a special attack(not as tedious as it sounds)
- there are racing segments embedded naturally
- theyve nailed the artstyle and visuals. the game is gorgeous
- music is very mgr but without vocals
- many types of melee weapons and guns, including snipers , missile launchers etc.
- each tf unit has special traits and different stats that can be levelled up by playing normally. eg: l1 move for optimus is a drift attack where he attaches the back end of his truck and hits a huge aor. but l1 for sideswipe is a quick teleport to the closest enemy in range or a blink dodge . both consume different amounts of the special meter.
- each has a unique ultimate attack
- lots of classic enemy variety. ive seen 10 or more types already i think. and theyve got different movesets and functions. jets may fly and snipe you, some will bombard you, constructicon may throw you with its lift, or dig a hole and attack you from below
- lots of hidden chests and collectible, also theres a shop so im guessing therell be broken post game unlockables like all platinum titles
- there a challenge area with 50+ missions and different euipment rewards(several for each mission) for all difficulty levels
- there a skill system, each tf has a different number of slots(can possibly be levelled up to add more?).skills are unlocked by paying credits in the ark, the more you pay the better the skill/skills(its random)
-you get 4 equip slots. you can switch weapons real time mid combos(can only have a max of 3 melee or 3 ranged at a time)
- ch1 is indeed longer than an hour

ill post when i see/remember more

verdict so far- NOT KORRA

Yes.

Hhhhmmmmmmmyyyyeeeeeeesssssssss

G-Fex

I've noticed that most of the videos so far have pretty bad players. This isn't really unusual as far as game streaming goes though. It would be nice to see players actually take advantage of gameplay gimmicks which are so obviously being telegraphed. When Devastator is knocked down, I hardly see anyone take the time to jump up and combo his head for example, or when he's walking around, you can use your range weapons to hit his head to stun him for a moment too. The Megatron fight in the energy ring also seems to have a mechanic where you can hit Megatron onto the energy barrier to stun him while you unload range attacks on him, since it's designed like a wrestling ring. When the Devastator stage boss gets into drill mode, I've seen a trailer show that you can parry the drill projectile to grab it and throw it back too. Wish we could see more of that sort of gameplay from youtubers.

That's a huge understatement.

I was watching the video of some youtuber which had the Activision's producer of the game and I was wondering why they didn't send some early copies to people that knows how to play action games. There's must be some semi-famous youtubers that know how to actually play games.

This dude I was speaking of, all he did was smash the same combos, no parry, no "witch time"...it was awful to watch. If I was supossed to buy that game looking at that footage, I would pass it, seriously.

The people in charge of the PR and/or whoever decides who gets codes just look for the people with the highest numbers, instead of the people who could really sell the title and show it the way it's meant to be played. I wish that would change, but they seem to just look for the big guys and think that's all they need to do. A DMC/Bayonetta veteran might only have a thousand subscribers, but they could sell the game a lot better than these big guys who don't even specialize in the genre.

nded

Establishing mass appeal and nostalgia is more important to activision right now. Most action gamers are going to check this out regardless because of its pedigree.

Establishing mass appeal and nostalgia is more important to activision right now. Most action gamers are going to check this out regardless because of its pedigree.

I can see a lot of action fans being wary of the game after Korra.

They can keep their current focused marketing, but I think they can get at least a couple of decent action game players to show the game to that public.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The people in charge of the PR and/or whoever decides who gets codes just look for the people with the highest numbers, instead of the people who could really sell the title and show it the way it's meant to be played. I wish that would change, but they seem to just look for the big guys and think that's all they need to do. A DMC/Bayonetta veteran might only have a thousand subscribers, but they could sell the game a lot better than these big guys who don't even specialize in the genre.

I believe Super Best Friends got the game and they're huge Platinum shi... I mean, they know they're Platinum stuff pretty hard so if they do a video I'd suggest to watch that one.

Is it as huge as Rising's parry window was?

I believe Super Best Friends got the game and they're huge Platinum shi... I mean, they know they're Platinum stuff pretty hard so if they do a video I'd suggest to watch that one.

They really should get more attention from Platinum. Here's W101, Bayo2, Anarchy Reigns, and the full LP for Rising and Mad World. With over 500k subscribers, they reach out to a lot of people and they all know how to play the shit out of these kinds of games.

What's everyone's thoughts on the preorder thing on steam? The price won't change between now and when it comes out, so I kind of want to wait to make sure it runs fine on PC. If it's from the Rising group then I shouldn't worry, but we've been storming a lot of shitty PC ports this year.

ezekial45

Banned
Not really a fan of the Rising-style parry. It kinda broke MGR, especially on higher difficulties, and once mastered it basically turned encounters into a game of bait and parry.

I'm still fine with it, I just hope they don't do anything too substantial with it.

MrBadger

Amazing how this game actually seems to be exceeding my expectations by a large margin. I was always excited but I wasn't expecting all of this from the initial reveal, which made it look rather cheap and half baked, especially considering how many things Platinum revealed at E3.

Top Bottom