• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers Devastation (Platinum Games) boss videos on Facebook

Lots of HD gameplay videos showing up on Youtube now. Full playthroughs of chapter 1 too. The game looks really solid. Definitely not a Korra. Chapter 1 itself is over an hour long. There's a mix of brawling, shooting, platforming, racing, etc. Obviously the brawling aspect is the best, but the platforming doesn't look super annoying at least, lol. There are also audio logs, collectible artwork, etc all over the stage.

No commentary videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaxyI0JsR24

I can't get over how giddy I am that they nailed Soundwave's voice. The vocoder effect since G1 prior to this never quite got it right.

Drewfonse

I'm a big fan of Platinum games and this game looks fun. But does anybody know how many chapters the game is? Or how long is it?

Do you like to replay this type of game? If so, potentially dozens of hours of fun.

Assume 7-8 hrs for a first play through, based on previous Platinum titles.

nubbe

I don't know if I should get this on PC or PS4
I feel that I wana play it on a console, but PC is 8K at half the price :p

Do you like to replay this type of game? If so, potentially dozens of hours of fun.

Assume 7-8 hrs for a first play through, based on previous Platinum titles.

Yes, I have played Bayo 1 & 2 and other platinum's games for hundreds of hours. If the game will take me 7 - 8 hours the first time, I will get it. But I need confirmation from someone who finished the game.

Peff

bt0Ynot.jpg

wellthereitis.gif

Justinh

bt0Ynot.jpg

wellthereitis.gif

Boom!
I thought there would be something like that in credits and that's why they mentioned it.

I'm still kinda surprised by this game, I guess.
I mean, it was only leaked like...right before e3 right? It was totally unexpected for me and everytime, every time, I see something new about the game I just love what I'm seeing of this game more.

and now it'll be out very soon. Also seems crazy it's a 50 dollar game on all platforms. I thought this was weird since Activision always seem to be the stingiest during sales for their games.

I can't get over how giddy I am that they nailed Soundwave's voice. The vocoder effect since G1 prior to this never quite got it right.
It's interesting that they didn't just put that effect over Frank Welker's speaking voice. He actually read Soundwave's lines in the same voice he used for Dr Claw in Inspector Gadget before they applied the effect. Might explain why it ofteb doesn't sound 'right'.

In fact, I'm sure Welker used the voice in the Bay movie where soundwave was a satellite, and they just didn't bother with the effect at all.

Peff

From the playthrough video times the game seems to be about as long as Rising, but the cutscenes seem to be minimal and straight to the point, so it'll probably feel a bit shorter. I did skip to the credits to look for the composer and going by the scene afterwards and the achievements I'm pretty positive the final chapter (which isn't shown) is unlockable. No idea how, though.

EDIT: Or not? Looks like
Nova Prime really is just a tease? Maybe it's the final challenge.

Rock Band 4 is my most wanted game this year and looks like it might be delayed. This is my 2nd most and now it looks better after reading the impressions. Super hyped.

It's interesting that they didn't just put that effect over Frank Welker's speaking voice. He actually read Soundwave's lines in the same voice he used for Dr Claw in Inspector Gadget before they applied the effect. Might explain why it ofteb doesn't sound 'right'.

He's done Soundwave once or twice in the past post G1 and prior to this game, Robot Chicken for example but they couldn't get it right.

DrSmoov's take, using the same Dr Claw voice also couldn't nail the vocoder aspect.

In fact, I'm sure Welker used the voice in the Bay movie where soundwave was a satellite, and they just didn't bother with the effect at all.

He did. It was extremely disappointing that they didn't bother with the effect.

duckroll

While the director of the game is Kenji Saito, what's equally interesting is that the lead game designer on this is Hiroshi Shibata. Previously he worked as lead designer under many of Kamiya's games - Okami, Bayonetta, and Wonderful 101. I wonder if he's also working on Scalebound, or if he worked on this project instead.

Watching the intro and wow Grimlock sticks out like a sore thumb when running alongside the other Autobots lol.

You have these ordinary looking cars and trucks and then there's just a random metal dinosaur behind them, haha.

Rosur

Watching the intro and wow Grimlock sticks out like a sore thumb when running alongside the other Autobots lol.

You have these ordinary looking cars and trucks and then there's just a random metal dinosaur behind them, haha.

yea it is kinda of odd that.

Neff

While the director of the game is Kenji Saito, what's equally interesting is that the lead game designer on this is Hiroshi Shibata. Previously he worked as lead designer under many of Kamiya's games - Okami, Bayonetta, and Wonderful 101.

This is also incredibly promising to hear.

Mentok

Banned
Oh wow....after reading through this thread I just can't wait.....

CJsbgZW.gif

There's just so many things that are sounding right!

Justinh

I was watching Shirrako's 30 minute video and at this part (18:49-18:50 in case the link doesn't take you there) Bumblebee seems to slide under Megatron as if he were sliding in between his legs (Megatron is slightly in the air, so I'm not sure if that's what supposed to be happening).

I can't tell if Megatron's looking down at him as he passes under, but anyways, I thought this was a cool little thing.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Seems like a silly thing but one of my favourite things so far is when you are in the Ark and whilst you are doing your thing with weapons etc the Autobots are standing in the background posing looking awesome. That and the fucking awesome music and then when you are finished Optimus Prime just points at the screen. Aaaaaah it's so slick. Reminds me of Anarchy Reigns main menu.

Can someone post what some of the upgrades/skills are? I'm curious. Also, how do launchers work in this game? Is it the standard High Time input, or are they in canned combos like Bayonetta?

BBboy20

I actually bought the PC physical version on Amazon.de for ~$20
Guess Europe goes physical exclusively. Funny enough, the official website showcase it with an ESRB box yet there is none on the web.

This really is Bayonetta x Vanquish.

GIFaf540.gif

I was watching Shirrako's 30 minute video and at this part (18:49-18:50 in case the link doesn't take you there) Bumblebee seems to slide under Megatron as if he were sliding in between his legs (Megatron is slightly in the air, so I'm not sure if that's what supposed to be happening).

I can't tell if Megatron's looking down at him as he passes under, but anyways, I thought this was a cool little thing.
I noticed that in the Our Way video actually.

Karak

Donzo.
And what a wasted oppertunity with Grimlock Daaamn.
EDIT for clarity.
Extra button needed for moving faster without any reason and a bit more lag. Might be trying to mimic a heavier transformer?

Tizoc

The cheap PC physical version I ordered is still showing a mid-November release.

Oh well, that's the price of saving money...and playing at absurd resolutions.

If you stick with that well look on the bright side
1- We might get some cool mods by the time you get the game
2- Lots of startegies and tips would be made over time improving one's enjoyment of playing the game
3- You can clear your backlog in time to play the game

Top Bottom