• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trigger Happy Havoc Dangan Ronpa: Early 2014 for US and Europe

kurahador

I hope they keep the japanese dub, assuming it's the same as the anime series.

The bear being voiced by Doraemon is damn hilarious.

AniHawk

so anyway, demon gaze and dangan ronpa were the games i had been referring to back a little before e3. glad people are excited. gonna be one of the driving forces behind me getting a vita this year.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I watched episode 1 of the anime and really want to play this game now. Will wait patiently for the Vita release.

Eusis

Actually I'm sure both of those examples are due to the whole Japanese companies fear of reverse importation and the American companies basically being bound by them in deciding when they can release it.
Sorry, I wasn't clear on that: I meant the region locking situation was different on blu-ray vs DVD, meaning that reverse importation fear results in delays or cut audio tracks for us, whereas that was less likely (though not out of the question!) on DVD.

I'm away from the internet for most of one day and this happens

Shame it's only the Vita version though, I'm pretty certain that's not a console I'm getting until minimum 2 years from now...

Conan-san

I'm away from the internet for most of one day and this happens

Shame it's only the Vita version though, I'm pretty certain that's not a console I'm getting until minimum 2 years from now...

Well the good thing is unless things REALLY go tits up for PSN, you can get the game years from now.

t26

I honestly don't remember a single game they've released that doesn't have dual audio...

EDIT: Wait, there was Sakura Wars, but that's all I remember.

The PS2 version of Sakura War has dual audio, in fact it is on a separate disc. The Wii version however does not.

Labrys

Okay, thanks. They'll dub DR then, I'm sure.

I'm hoping they think really hard about the casting, then. I'm not usually a big sub enthusiast, but the JP track is really good.
Plus, they're going to have to find people with wide ranges for certain things. I trust they know what they're doing.

Squire

Banned
I'm hoping they think really hard about the casting, then. I'm not usually a big sub enthusiast, but the JP track is really good.
Plus, they're going to have to find people with wide ranges for certain things. I trust they know what they're doing.

Yeah, that's how about the casting and writing. I mean, I think that's why people wanted Aksys; they've shown they can handle it.

Heh, guess I just wasted £30 on importing the psp version then.

Will probably buy a Vita when this comes out, there should be just barely enough games by then to justify it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
This certainly looks interesting. I'll keep an eye on it. Will watching the anime/manga ruin the plot of the game or vice versa? Do they follow the same plotline?

Diebuster

This certainly looks interesting. I'll keep an eye on it. Will watching the anime/manga ruin the plot of the game or vice versa? Do they follow the same plotline?

The anime is an adaptation of the first game, so watching it will spoil major plot points.

nampad

I don't know any game of the three announced localizations but from peoples description here Dangan Ronpa seems to be great.
Good to see it coming over.

Labrys

I found this promotional picture, might be good for the OP:
triggerhappyhavoc.jpg

I dunno if it's a final logo or not, I kinda don't like it. "Dangan Ronpa" is a bit small.

Aytrial

Larger logo:

130706065002_TriggerHappyHavocLogo.jpg

It does make it look like the game title is Trigger Happy Havoc: DanganRonpa instead of the other way around. Another case of 4 Resident Evil?

zeopower6

It's most likely to avoid the "Ni no Kuni" backlash for whatever reason. "Trigger Happy Havoc" is probably easier to ask about than "Danganronpa" :/.

Focusing on the "trigger happy" part of the title to attract more customers is probably smart.

This game is weird as hell, and getting it into people's hands so they can experience it themselves should be the top priority.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, although I'm already disappointed in advance because there's just no way they'll be able to do the equivalent of having Monobear being voiced by the same VA as Doraemon.

Haha, holy shit. I was interested in this before but now I really want it.
Weird, I never heard anything.

It's like Pokémon, it just rolls off the tongue.

Pokemon is a portmanteau in English though. Pocket monsters.

Aytrial

It's got some pretty clearly defined syllables, so I don't see exactly how people ran into any issues. If they're asking what the title is about, then that's hardly anything to do with what it's named.

Anyway, shifting focus back to DanganRonpa. I'm probably going to watch a few episodes of the anime to get a taste of the story and then stop so I can leave the game as a fresh experience.

Pokemon is a portmanteau in English though. Pocket monsters.
You wouldn't know that though unless you are already familiar with the series.

My point is that "weird" names aren't as much of a hindrance as some may say. Lots of stuff geared towards kids have wacky made up names, and that hasn't hurt their popularity. (Though alternatively, more straightforward names can certainly help those who may be unfamiliar with the property.)

Top Bottom