• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump administration is relaxing Obamacare birth control mandate

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
On Friday, the Department of Health and Human Services is finalizing rules to make more entities exempt from providing plans that cover contraceptives without a co-payment. They will create what a senior HHS official described as limited exemptions for organizations that have a sincerely held religious or moral objection to providing birth control coverage.

Under the eased rules, nonprofits, private companies, institutions of higher education and certain non-government employers with religious objections can get an exemption from the mandate, an official told reporters.

HHS claims the rules will not affect 99 percent of women currently covered. However, the figure assumes that only the 200 entities currently in litigation against the government over the rule will get exemptions.

Some religious employers such as churches already do not have to cover contraception. Organizations like Little Sisters of the Poor, an order of Catholic nuns, have objected to the requirement.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/06/tru...relaxing-obamacare-birth-control-mandate.html

GOP war against sex for leisure knows no bounds. You would think they came straight up from the Mayflower, and have no issue imposing their religious beliefs as law.

I don't get why they want more slaves when everything will be automation? Maybe for the for profit prisons that some of these forced to birth babies will end up in?

An HHS official said the rules follow through on President Donald Trump's pledges to promote religious liberty.
How about... we give the women the liberty to choose what they want here, instead of deciding for them? The religious liberty argument is always such a bullshit one. What do they think, God wouldn't love them anymore because they paid a few dollars a month in birth control insurance for their employees.

Shadybiz

Countless women just showed how they played thremselves.

53%...I still can't wrap my head around it. Did you watch any of the coverage, read any of the articles, watch any of the debates...ANYTHING??? Christ.

I'm glad that my wife is a sane person, at least. Pretty sure that if either one of us was a Trump supporter, we'd be divorced by now. Phew.

Keri

I don't get why they want more slaves when everything will be automation? Maybe for the for profit prisons that some of these forced to birth babies will end up in?

Women can't compete in the job market, if you get them pregnant early, because there's no subsidized or affordable day care in the U.S. So, no going to college or working, because they have to stay home with the baby. Which means they become completely dependent on the fathers of their children. So, it's a return to the good old days of women being slaves to men.

I hope all this reunification of the church and state comes back to bite the GOP in tangible and publicly humiliating ways, like the Sparrows' takeover of King's Landing.

entremet

Women can't compete in the job market, if you get them pregnant early, because there's no subsidized or affordable day care in the U.S. So, no going to college or working, because they have to stay home with the baby. Which means they become completely dependent on the fathers of their children. So, it's a return to the good old days of women being slaves to men.

What's weird is that that model is rarely sustainable due to the higher cost of living. This is why we need younger people in politics. I think the current generation in Congress still thinks a single family income can cut it.

Didn't think about that. Makes sense with how Republicans treat women.

53%...I still can't wrap my head around it. Did you watch any of the coverage, read any of the articles, watch any of the debates...ANYTHING??? Christ.

I'm glad that my wife is a sane person, at least. Pretty sure that if either one of us was a Trump supporter, we'd be divorced by now. Phew.
It makes sense, look below.
White women got white supremacy. They got what they voted for.
Simple as this. I just don’t understand how they’ll vote for it then complain about sexism.
Every woman I know who voted for Trump (8-ish) did so solely on his "stance" on abortion.
Even still, just cause you believe in abortion why would you subjugate other woman to your beliefs. They should be more empathetic considering how much shit woman have to deal with from everyone.

Beartruck

Meanwhile, a GOP congressman just resigned for cheating on his wife, knocking up the mistress, and trying to convince her to abort. How the fuck can they claim any kind of moral high ground on this?

linkboy

Meanwhile, a GOP congressman just resigned for cheating on his wife, knocking up the mistress, and trying to convince her to abort. How the fuck can they claim any kind of moral high ground on this?

The GoP has been the party of hypocrisy for years now. It's actually kinda impressive how they've pulled the wool over the eyes of their voters.

It's just a shame they're ruining the country while they're at it.

legacyzero

Banned
STOP KILLING BABIES

STOP TAKING BIRTH CONTROL

Jesus fucking christ, At least try and find a middle ground, GOP.

Also- Single Payer pls

Keri

Countless women just showed how they played thremselves.

You don't have to feel sympathy for those women, but the other 47% of us and minority women are also getting fucked, so I'd prefer not to focus on the subset of women that people believe deserve to be punished.

Aurongel

The abortion rate ticking upwards because fewer women have access to contraceptives helps no one. But of course if an uptick were to be observed in the coming years then it'll be blamed on our immoral society and they'll use the rise to justify increased scrutiny on these services and the people they provide.

Create a problem. Deny the solution. Use said problem to justify creating new policy.

It's amazing what their base lets them do.

If these religious fucknuts actually cared about being curbing abortion rates and what not, they would be doing everything in their power to make sure women/couples have preventive access to health services for everything could possibly need.

But nah, it's never actually been about that; therefore. they make it more difficult.

Would gladly pay for my own birth control if it meant these disgusting crusty old men were banned from ever being allowed to pass laws/etc.. limiting women reproductive health care and other issues ever again...

While thankfully their votes didn't matter at all with all of us living in one of the bluest states, it still angers most of the women in my family voted for this P.O.S because they are single issue voters and they'd vote for Hitler if he was pro-life because it's they only thing that matters to them...

White women got white supremacy. They got what they voted for.

Black feminists were correct all along. So-called white feminists would betray their own sex on the account of racial superiority.

You don't have to feel sympathy for those women, but the other 47% of us and minority women are also getting ****, so I'd prefer not to focus on the subset of women that people believe deserve to be punished.

"Subset" is an interesting way of saying "majority."

TheContact

We need to stop abortions... ps fuck birth control

- GOP

A lot of it is that the GOP as an entity is Christian, and the Bible is against birth control and against termination. What they don’t fucking care about is America was founded as a secular nation and we have separation of church and state but they think it’s a Christian nation and try to push their agenda into politics. I fucking hate the GOP it’s like you’re required to be a scumbag if you want to be a part of them.

gaiages

Banned
Black feminists were correct all along. So-called white feminists would betray their own sex on the account of racial superiority.

"Subset" is an interesting way of saying "majority."

Yeah well, the point is playing the blame game isn't going to get anyone anywhere.

Top Bottom