• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vox: Leaked regulation: Trump plans to roll back Obamacare birth control mandate

landscape-1467731680-ivanka-father-quote-1-1-1467916861.jpg
Ya'll let the pretty face and smoother taste fool you.

ShyMel

This happening was the main reason I went with Nexplanon over a pill when I went to get new birth control earlier this year.

Not surprised. Republicans need to start beating the party drum to remind us all why the richest nation in the world citizens are worse off in ways, to a 3rd world country.

Dierce

The fanatical cult that is the republican party needs to be stopped. We should start by rightfully labeling it and putting it on the same podium as isis and the nazi party.

It is the party of ignorance, greed, violence and hatred. It takes the worst of human qualities and like cancer its sole purpose is to lead to the destruction of its host, of its country and the world itself.

Skatterd

Good, let's replace birth control with coal. And healthcare. Who needs that? All we really need is coal. Coal coal coal. Coal is love. Coal is life.

Tovarisc

Good, let's replace birth control with coal. And healthcare. Who needs that? All we really need is coal. Coal coal coal. Coal is love. Coal is life.

Bring lead paint back while at it. I hear it makes for great paint for toddler and child toys.

"Birth control is bad! You just have to abstain from sex! And if you can't, you deserve the kid you have no rights to an abortion for (even if its rape!), the increased costs of pregnancy, AND no help because bootstraps!"

I wonder how many abortions he's paid for in his time. Or would that news have already been out there since forever?

As a Brit

America seems so backwards
Indeed. The right wing ideology is pretty repellent and generally anathema to most European values. They ARE dangerous, there are no if's and but's about it.
However they do have a slight influence over the right wing in the UK and it'll probably get worse post brexit.

GOP: We care about about all life... just until it is born. We did our part to make sure you were born into a life of poverty. Our hands are now clean, so you can get f'd in the a.

GOP: Oh, there are other medical reasons for women being on birth control? And these women are alive already? And we're talking about just women, right? And this mostly only affects poor women?

GOP: Well, we dislike both women and poors. Plus, allowing poverty to fester has been an amazing tool in keeping us in office. Lets keep the poors riled up and fighting with themselves, please. So, uh, get f'd in the a.

Pretty much the GOP meeting I imagine every time contraception or abortion is in the news.

Don't spread lies, these people don't read.

;)

They seem to read anything written by Ayn Rand.

And hey they can always watch it, although if you were tell them the book it's about a totalitarian Christian fundemantalist fovernment they'd run to the nearest bookstore.

They'd probably be disappointed it's fiction and not a how-to guide.

Oh look another article I can send to all supposedly liberals on my Facebook friends list that refused to vote for Hillary because of rigged emails that showed both sides were the same.

The Democratic party really needs to get its shit together. That's one thing I can give props to Republican party for: they know how to have their crowd (despite it being dependent on their stupidity and ignorance).

It's always about keeping women down with this party.

Fergie

Banned
Ivanka and Jared aren't moderating voices on Trump.

Doesn't help when media pushes fluff pieces about her pushing Trump to not do something bad every week or so.

I think Ivanka was just confused Donald was intelligent when he implied, "I (Ivanka) could do anything I set my mind to if I married vision and passion with work ethic.." No way this guy is smart enough to sound smart. So, I'm guessing he was just trying to tell her to marry vision (e.g. a man) that has passion for work ethic. With a male's vision enabling him to see her looks, Trump knew it was probably sound advice. I mean, his eye sight has been bigly and never let him down yet. Just don't forget about the work ethic part and you're gold.

Doomsayer

a majority of white women?

They weren't fooled, they just saw a nice R next to his name and decided to vote for him.

I have female family members that voted for him, I don't understand how they can actively vote against their own interest. Then they bring up the emails and I remember: they are dumb.

The Democratic party really needs to get its shit together. That's one thing I can give props to Republican party for: they know how to have their crowd (despite it being dependent on their stupidity and ignorance).

The Democratic party is having trouble because the party is so diverse. Its hard to keep everyone on the same page when not everyone has the same goals. Where as the republican party is not.

http://www.people-press.org/2016/09/13/1-the-changing-composition-of-the-political-parties/1_1-6/

Hale-XF11

Yeah, if people could stop using the government to force their religious beliefs on others, that'd be great, thanks.

The Democratic party is having trouble because the party is so diverse. Its hard to keep everyone on the same page when not everyone has the same goals. Where as the republican party is not.

http://www.people-press.org/2016/09/13/1-the-changing-composition-of-the-political-parties/1_1-6/

Well, there's certainly divisions within the Republican Party. The House is a clear example of this. Fortunately, regardless of any divisions they all agree on their core principal: Money over people lesser than us.

I think the Republican's main division amongst themselves is exactly how obvious they are when attacking their base through their agenda. Some members are fond of the long con, while the others want instant gratification now. Time is money, yo.

Daedardus

If there's anything teenagers like, it's being told what not to do in at the height of puberty.

Even worse when they don't know what the hell they are doing. No sex ed usually results in less respect between partners, going in without foreplay, no idea how to properly use a condom, not knowing how STDs are transmitted and not knowing how pregnancy really works. Proper sex ed actually results in less teenage pregnancies and unwanted pregancies than abstinance only programs.

As a Brit

America seems so backwards
This is definitely terrible, but the UK is one of the few countries that has no room to talk. Not when you currently have the NHS, but instead of improving it, you guys keep voting in the party that wants to completely dismantle it and make things worse for everyone, women included. You have it good right now, but you're actively going backwards yourselves anyway.

If Labour exceeds all expectations of the upcoming election and pushes for restoring funding to the NHS, it's one thing, but otherwise you guys are going down the same road as us with the way things are heading. Shit like this will very much be the next step if Tories successfully privatize the NHS (especially since they won't have to worry about lots of those pesky little EU regulations any longer, what with Brexit and all) and you're fooling yourself if they won't manage to find some way to sink that low.

Just look at where things are now in the US as a warning sign for what's next in your own future if that isn't nipped in the bud ASAP.

PKrockin

The party of fiscal responsibility would rather pay for an impoverished kid and mother's food stamps and welfare for 20 years, plus $30k a year to imprison the kid when he likely turns to a life of crime because of his shitty socioeconomic circumstances, plus additional support for the mother when she's not able to get out of poverty because of having to raise a child...

...rather than $30 for a 100 pack of condoms.

Top Bottom