• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump campaign emails show aide’s repeated efforts to set up Russia meetings

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Well that was a wild read to say the least... no doubt Mueller's team already has a leg up on all this stuff, but wow. There won't be enough popcorn in the world when all this stuff starts going down. I can't imagine what other stuff they've uncovered and connected by now. This is definitely the scandal of a lifetime right here.

Abramson report probably does deserve its own thread if he's credible this time.

(12) Ex-MI6 Russia Chief Chris STEELE says the ROSNEFT deal—the biggest oil deal in Russian history—is the basis for Trump-Russia collusion.

(19) The Mayflower event was critical, as it was there that TRUMP offered PUTIN the "quid" in the "quid pro quo" of Trump-Russia collusion.

(20) With the VIP KISLYAK in the front row, Trump offered friendship and a "good deal" to Russia on what all present took to mean SANCTIONS.

(21) Trump didn't chastise Russia for anything, didn't make any demands of Russia, he simply promised friendship and a "good deal" to Putin.

riotous

Banned
So this is about some volunteer who kept insisting the Trump team meet with Russia; but none other than Paul Manafort rejected the requests?

Among those to express concern about the effort was then-campaign chairman Paul Manafort, who rejected in May 2016 a proposal from Papadopoulos for Trump to do so.

This seems like a weird story that's outside of any actual collusion that may have happened. If the Trump campaign was colluding with Russia, why would this guy need to continuously request they talk to Russia?

Chittagong

Gold Member
I am looking forwards to the release of following emails

RE: our plan for committing minor treason?

FW: Russians offer for help in hacking into Clinton's campaign emails

RE: RE: pisstape.avi

I thought Betsy DeVos's mercenary brother orchestrated the Seychelles meeting.

It's ludicrous that we're even discussing this.

Erik Prince was the one representing Trump in the Seychelles, meeting with an unidentified Putin confidant (the fact that we don't know who represented the Russians suggests that WaPo scoop was sourced to the intelligence community and they don't want to tip off who they're tracking.)

But the whole thing was set up by the United Arab Emirates as per the WaPo article quoted upthread. This might tie into an yet another undisclosed meeting in December 2016:

The (Seychelles) meeting followed a December meeting in New York attended by Trump advisors Stephen Bannon, son-in-law Jared Kushner, ex security advisor Michael Flynn and the crown prince of Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed al-Nahyan.

It just stood out to me because the role of the UAE in the collusion scandal hasn't come up that much (yet.)

I agree, it's a ludicrous thing... but this ain't normal times thanks to the GOP and part of the US electorate losing their damn minds.

Well that was a wild read to say the least... no doubt Mueller's team already has a leg up on all this stuff, but wow. There won't be enough popcorn in the world when all this stuff starts going down. I can't imagine what other stuff they've uncovered and connected by now. This is definitely the scandal of a lifetime right here.

I keep repeating this in my mind. It really is.

So this is about some volunteer who kept insisting the Trump team meet with Russia; but none other than Paul Manafort rejected the requests?

This seems like a weird story that's outside of any actual collusion that may have happened. If the Trump campaign was colluding with Russia, why would this guy need to continuously request they talk to Russia?

Russia was trying to establish multiple lines of contact with Russia. Based on the timeline it seems the June meeting with the Russian lawyer was the successful one.

What this chain of emails shows is that

1) Russia was trying to get through to the campaign using this low level staffer (which, as Manafort realized was very unwise over campaign email)
2) that the Trumps were aware that Russia was trying to make contact
3) that they also knew meeting with them was legally dubious

And yet they still took the June 9 meeting. There’s other small details, but this could be good enough evidence to prove intent to collide.

Vagabundo

This information just seems to muddy the waters for collusion. Since Manafort rejected the calls.

Although I can imagine that Treason is a messy business.

Top Bottom