• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump campaign is holding a $ contest; winner has to meet POTUS, free trip to DC etc

Joeku

embarassed-for-u.gif

Let's flip this around and ask:

How much would they have to pay you to spend a night with Trump?

I probably would do it out of morbid curiosity, not that I'd enjoy the experience.

Zubz

Banned
I hope disillusionment hits whoever's unfortunate enough to win hard.

That said, I don't know how anyone could look at that last picture in the OP & think that person needs their support.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Hey GOP. This is what you are
It's not an outlier. It's not a fluke. It's the natural outcome of your race to the bottom. A carny barker selling racist snake oil to suckers.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
How is this happening? Just so I understand, people would be donating so he can...combat this 'witch hunt'? I get that this is already bizarro universe with Dolan fecking Tromp as presodent but this is just a whole other level of insanity.

kevin1025

Banned
The donate thing is almost assuredly not his legal fees. It's reads to me like it's just a standard "You're outraged about THING. Donate to the campaign!" He's done this before as has every candidate ever, though this is pretty misleading as more people will think it's directly to some sort to legal fee or something.

The contest is also something I saw Hillary/Kaine and Obama do a bunch of times, too.

Both things are standard campaign stuff.

You're right. But he also never turned off the donations or the e-mails telling people to donate for a good chunk of time after the election was over. There was also the problem where if you sign up for monthly contributions to his campaign, there was no way to cancel the "subscription" outside of cancelling your credit card. Who knows how many older people still have $5-10/month still going into that fund, whatever it is now.

Vixdean

What's the minimum donation? If it's a true lottery I'll put in a buck for a chance to tell him to eat shit to his face.

Will F

I'm not going to enter this contest unless they disclose how many scoops of ice cream I will receive during my dinner with the president.

riotous

Banned
This isn't really much different than the endless "pay tons of cash to go to a dinner with Obama/Bush/Clinton/Trump/whoever" events.

It's just presented in a corny contest fashion because its Trump and particularly off putting because of how he immediately filed for the 2020 election so he can "campaign". I doubt it's illegal.

Man, even Chaffetz is calling Trump and the administration almost worse than Obama.

Outgoing Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) lashed out at the Trump administration recently for being “worse” than the Obama administration when it comes to transparency.

“The reality is, sadly, I don’t see much difference between the Trump administration and the Obama administration,” Chaffetz told the conservative host. “I thought there would be this, these floodgates would open up with all the documents we wanted from the Department of State, the Department of Justice, the Pentagon.”

RinsFury

Tempted to enter just for the chance to throw a warm log of shit in his face. Don't want to give this orange fuck any money, though.

RDreamer

You're right. But he also never turned off the donations or the e-mails telling people to donate for a good chunk of time after the election was over. There was also the problem where if you sign up for monthly contributions to his campaign, there was no way to cancel the "subscription" outside of cancelling your credit card. Who knows how many older people still have $5-10/month still going into that fund, whatever it is now.

This stuff is probably the new normal. Campaign shit has been shady and basically utilizing the biggest techniques from the private sector for a while. Trump registered for re-election immediately upon taking office, so that stuff could probably legally just roll right over.

Man, even Chaffetz is calling Trump and the administration almost worse than Obama.

Outgoing Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) lashed out at the Trump administration recently for being “worse” than the Obama administration when it comes to transparency.

“The reality is, sadly, I don’t see much difference between the Trump administration and the Obama administration,” Chaffetz told the conservative host. “I thought there would be this, these floodgates would open up with all the documents we wanted from the Department of State, the Department of Justice, the Pentagon.”

Y'know things are getting bad when conservatives are comparing the thing they hate most - the Obama administration - with Trump.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
This stuff is probably the new normal. Campaign shit has been shady and basically utilizing the biggest techniques from the private sector for a while. Trump registered for re-election immediately upon taking office, so that stuff could probably legally just roll right over.

That's a pretty good point.

Top Bottom