• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Guts Obama Order Protecting LGBT Federal Employees

Status
Not open for further replies.
President Trump on Monday signed what Lambda Legal called a “very disturbing” order that will give federal contractors a large loophole through which to discriminate against LGBT people.

The White House on Monday afternoon released a copy of an executive order signed by President Trump. The order revokes all or part of three previous executive orders concerning federal contracting.

Of greatest concern to LGBT people, President Trump’s executive order revoked Executive Order 13673, signed by President Obama in 2014. That order, the Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces order, required that companies receiving large federal contracts be able to demonstrate that they have complied for at least three years with 14 federal laws, several of which prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation, gender stereotyping, or gender identity.

The 14 affected federal laws and regulations affected by the new Trump executive order also includes Executive Order 11246, signed in 1965 by President Johnson. Executive Order 11246 prohibited federal contractors from discriminating in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Four years later, President Nixon added discrimination based on disability and age. In 1998, President Clinton added sexual orientation. And in 2014, President Obama added gender identity, plus prohibited federal contractors, too, from discriminating against their employees based on these categories.

http://www.keennewsservice.com/2017...ign=Feed:+KeenNewsService+(Keen+News+Service)

SpaceWolf

Banned
You know, I think I would genuinely prefer Lex Luthor to be President over this man. Luthor wouldn't pull this shit.

Busty

Banned
Trump secretly suspects that his youngest might be "that way" and so channels his anger the only way he knows how...., shitty legislation.

RPGCrazied

He was never for them. He is a con man, he cons people. So when he held up the flag, he was just doing it to get votes. He doesn't give two shits about anyone that isn't Trump, specially so if you aren't white, straight and male. Its all he supports.

RPGCrazied

This bullshit needs to be bannable. I don't deserve this, and there are many Americans who don't.

The majority of Americans didn't deserve this. We know who Trump is, and we voted against it and all he stands for and will resist every single day he is in office.

Obama embarrassed him, so he simply wants to erase everything Obama did as president.

Yeah, I think this is really it.

Trump himself probably doesn't give a rat's ass about the politics involving the LGBTQ+ population in America; its more likely Trump satisfying his own personal vendetta against the Black Man who dared to make fun of him at a party several years ago.

Chumly

Where's that NBC article about power broker Ivanka trump who is such an influence. Socially liberal warrior!! Has done so much for LGBT rights!

Wasn't reflected in the thread title but like, all of this is pretty fucked too:

The 14 affected federal laws and regulations affected by the new Trump executive order also includes Executive Order 11246, signed in 1965 by President Johnson. Executive Order 11246 prohibited federal contractors from discriminating in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Four years later, President Nixon added discrimination based on disability and age. In 1998, President Clinton added sexual orientation.

He basically got rid of all anti-discrimination wording in federal hiring. ALL OF IT.

This is the equivalent of rolling back the Civil Rights Act for a good chunk of the work force.

But he held a rainbow flag so you know he's for LGBT people. /s

You could tell by the smug look on his face that he knew it would be enough to get a bunch of moderate idiots to vote for him, just like his "inner cities" talk made the same kind of idiots think he wasn't a racist.

btrboyev

People still acting like Trump has had any input into these orders is laughable. All of the legislation that has been put fourth is made by people like Bannon and other Republican leadership.

Trump is there for the ride and to put his name on things.

He has never come across as someone who actually does any work.

slit

This bullshit needs to be bannable. I don't deserve this, and there are many Americans who don't.

Bannable because we have a system that screws over the majority of voters while the party in power changes the rules on the fly and nothing is done and criminal investigations don't count? Yeah, you need to understand the difference when I say "America" and you directly.

WedgeX

Banned
Thread title is wrong, but obviously this is still incredibly disgusting.

Trump rescinded Obama's executive order and contract employees are considered federal workers even though they are not direct hires.

Want to elaborate on what's wrong about it?

The shittiest of his supporters getting what they want and LGBTQ+ Americans getting screwed is the opposite of what that means, though.

I imagine that post is probably a European that is having delicious schadenfreude over the conservative monopoly currently happening in the once great America.

Completely forgetting that his country could be next.

Right.

It's important for us to understand their point of view while they want to do everything in their power to make sure your humanity isn't recognized.

It's important, okay?

Gotta make them feel great, make them feel respected...

Being called a racist is worse then being a racist, you see.

Dude Abides

Banned
Employees of federal contractors, not federal employees.

I thought benevolent and kind Princess's Ivanka had stopped this?

So every single executive order leak turned out to be correct after all. I feel bad for everyone who's going to be effected by this but I can't help thinking about how many times I read someone voicing concerns about Pence being on his ticket only to be shut down by that flag holding pic.

jmood88

People still acting like Trump has had any input into these orders is laughable. All of the legislation that has been put fourth is made by people like Bannon and other Republican leadership.

Trump is there for the ride and to put his name on things.

He has never come across as someone who actually does any work.
Your theory about who is writing the legislation is irrelevant; Trump is the one who is making it law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom