• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Guts Obama Order Protecting LGBT Federal Employees

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmood88

I'll argue that on some forms it is to their interest.

The interest of normalizing white ( male ) supremacy and put down every other minorities just because they can. It's a stark reminder to everyone else who's really in charge of the country and if they aren't, they still hold sufficient power to obstruct others.
Some of it benefits them but for the most part, unless they're rich, they're just celebrating being trapped in a slightly shallower hole than everyone else. I have no idea when non-wealthy white people are going to sit back and look at how republicans have given them almost nothing but it's not looking like that's going to happen anytime soon.

carlo-allegri-donald-trump-lgbt-flag-2016-presidential-election.jpg
I hope the idiot who made that flag feels great shame.

slit

I didn't know it. You said America deserves and now are flopping around trying to justify a stupid and ignorant statemant after being called out on it instead of just owning the fact that you said a stupid and ignorant thing. Don't try to get on the cross, no one is going to buy that shit.

I'm not flopping around with anything, you just don't like my explanation.

bionic77

I didn't know it. You said America deserves and now are flopping around trying to justify a stupid and ignorant statemant after being called out on it instead of just owning the fact that you said a stupid and ignorant thing. Don't try to get on the cross, no one is going to buy that shit.

Being optimistic about America has nothing to do qith saying millions of people deserve suffering when they had nothing to do with the cause of their suffering.
Yeah like I said no one deserves to suffer, not even the racist Americans who voted and wanted all of this to happen.

But the shine has certainly come off of the US in a way that left a lot of us shaken.

I feel I'm empathetic.

I understand their opinions and even understand how they arrived at them.

But they're still wrong.

Weird place to be if you can understand why racists and white supremacists voted the way they​ did and still empathise with them.

What aspect do you empathise with?

Your explanations so far is just semantic backtracking. You're not fooling anyone. You fucked up and said something dumb and hateful. I mean, it's okay since I really don't think you meant to, but you just dug your heels in.

slit

Your explanations so far is just semantic backtracking. You're not fooling anyone. You fucked up and said something dumb and hateful. I mean, it's okay since I really don't think you meant to, but you just dug your heels in.

It's not backtracking. I was talking in an extensional sense and I thought that was clear. You took it literal. Anyway, I'm done arguing about this as it's just causing the thread to go off track and it's not consequential to the story at hand.

EGM1966

"All Americans"*

*except for...

No really a surprise. If its linked to Obama or its a regulation providing protection that limits business options he's going to kill it if he can.

Basically roll back clock to good old days of all power is with employers and minorities of all kinds (ethnic or disabilities) are going to get screwed to various degrees.

As a European I'm biased in that I already see US regulations protecting minorities and staff as way to weak but look's like its all going to get even weaker still.

Steejee

I hope the idiot who made that flag feels great shame.

Probably just some crony with a sharpie.

After this, what's actually worse about Pence than Trump? Trump seems perfectly content to fuck over everyone people were worried Pence would fuck over, but with the added layer of stupidity and insanity on top.

jmood88

Yes they did. Stop looking at just casted votes. The millions that didn't bother to go vote essentially voted for him.

Most of America wanted or was okay with Trump being President.
After Obama got his second term, republicans set out to make voting as onerous as they possibly could for anyone who wasn't rich and white.

Zen Aku

You know, I think I would genuinely prefer Lex Luthor to be President over this man. Luthor wouldn't pull this shit.
Yeah, Lex Luthor might either wanna rule the world or destroy it completely (very seldom does he want this. He just wanna rule it)

But he clearly never discriminate.

bionic77

So what is the reasoning behind this? Was there any justification they are spouting for this evil?
If you are bigoted cunt times were getting tough. In your dads time black people count not share the street with a white man in NYC. In grandads time they could not even go to school with your kids. They lost on that on and unfortunately their towns and cities got less white. Then as you grew up even the country clubs let in the Jews and all sorts of other people you used to be able to openly discriminate against. It got even worse when they started to get tough on sexual harassment at work. Now with the gays getting these horrendous protections from discrimination there was no one left to discriminate against.

Finally someone is looking out for the bigots and cunts. They are people too (probably?) and now they get to exercise their rights to shit on others to make themselves feel better.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
He was never for them. He is a con man, he cons people. So when he held up the flag, he was just doing it to get votes. He doesn't give two shits about anyone that isn't Trump, specially so if you aren't RICH white, straight and male. Its all he supports.

FTFY

Also I consider this the hole he's digging really deep for a guy who didn't win the popular vote in an election that 2/3 of the populace didn't vote for. I expect 2018 and 2020 to be a repudiation of him and these are the executive orders that will cause it.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Yes they did. Stop looking at just casted votes. The millions that didn't bother to go vote essentially voted for him.

Most of America wanted or was okay with Trump being President.
They did not essentially vote for him, they just made a stupid move. Things like this is actually what will force their hands. Especially the many Bernie bros who felt angry at Hillary .

le.phat

They did not essentially vote for him, they just made a stupid move. Things like this is actually what will force their hands. Especially the many Bernie bros who felt angry at Hillary .

If you didn't bother to come off your ass to vote, or worse, refused to vote as a political expression, you deserve whatever will happen in the next 1386 days.

zethren

Banned
Hahaha.

And there are still people on here that think liberals should be sympathetic/empathetic toward his supporters.

Fuck those people, and fuck their sympathy.

No conversations or sympathy needs to be had, those people are lost and no amount of conversation will sway them. The dying coal industry/lower taxes > your rights, in their eyes. So fuck em.

the vast majority of his action seem to just be to spite Obama and anything he touched

cant put his ego aside to do the right thing

instead he wants to leverage off the unreasonable obama hate wave he rode into the white house

not to mention his personal issues with obama

I can't believe Trump is president due to slavery [the electoral college]. I don't want to hear about it being a long time ago, the nation still suffers greatly for it.

Wasn't reflected in the thread title but like, all of this is pretty fucked too:

He basically got rid of all anti-discrimination wording in federal hiring. ALL OF IT.

This is the equivalent of rolling back the Civil Rights Act for a good chunk of the work force.
This is going to be one hell of a ride.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Ahahahahaha, he seriously reversed an EO prohibiting racial descrimination from the '60s? Ahahahahahaahaha, get fucked, clown. This had better gain a fuck-ton of traction and blow up in his face.

I'm sure people will argue that there are now laws in place that make that old EO redundant, but the optics of this are chilling.

edit: seems like he reverted some of the recent language added to that EO by Obama, leaving the original language of the EO from the '60s in place.

I was going to say something snippy about Trump holding the flag and his RNC convention speech where I remember the media trying to lavish praise in him for basically saying the bare minimum that LGBT individuals shouldn't be killed by terrorists as if that meant anything at all, but then I noticed this...
Wasn't reflected in the thread title but like, all of this is pretty fucked too:

He basically got rid of all anti-discrimination wording in federal hiring. ALL OF IT.

This is the equivalent of rolling back the Civil Rights Act for a good chunk of the work force.
This is even worse. This guy really is just pure evil. Not that that's news, but still. Fuck this guy. Can't believe we're still stuck with him until probably just after the midterms (if Dems run on impeaching him and manage to retake Congress), at least...

jelly

Would Pence have done this too considering his views or is it just a Republican thing so was happening anyway?

kess

This might be worth a new thread of its own.

Ahahahahaha, he seriously reversed an EO prohibiting racial descrimination from the '60s? Ahahahahahaahaha, get fucked, clown. This had better gain a fuck-ton of traction and blow up in his face.

I'm sure people will argue that there are now laws in place that make that old EO redundant, but the optics of this are chilling.
Yeah, that's the thing though: why even do it at all, when there are other laws that afford those protections? Why overwrite those executive orders? Of course, that's rhetorical. There is no point other than being a petty hateful little man, the same as everything else he does.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
History will remember this presidency as a time when America regressed a lot in a very, very short time.

bionic77

I can't believe Trump is president due to slavery [the electoral college]. I don't want to hear about it being a long time ago, the nation still suffers greatly for it.
We should get rid of the EC, but don't give America more credit than it deserves.

This is not a surprise that we have a monster in the White House. He was acting like that for the entire year plus he was running for president. As many have pointed out most people in the country did not care enough to vote or register to vote to prevent this fascist shit from becoming president.

Its definitely an extremely shameful moment for most of the country (the ones of us who voted against him can take solace that we told you say as our country sinks deep into mediocrity).

BajiBoxer

Banned
No, you're just a shitty communicator who said sonething very stupid. You're talking about the majority getting screwed over in a thread talking about Trump targeting a disadvantaged minority group. Use your brain.

Cagey

Banned

http://www.latimes.com/politics/was...gbtq-protections-in-1485867240-htmlstory.html

Your interpretation of what the article said is off. The original article says that "EO 11246 is affected" by this anti-LGBT order. EO 11246 was modified by President Obama to include "sexual orientation and gender identity" as categories of protected persons.

Affected doesn't mean overturned in full.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom