• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Guts Obama Order Protecting LGBT Federal Employees

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is zero reason to do something like this other than pure, unconstitutional discrimination. Republicans are monsters bordering on dictators, and that walking sack of waste that conned half the country into thinking he's a human being deserves and needs to be impeached immediately. He and his party are actively ruining lives just for the sake of ruining lives with no regard whatsoever for the constitutionality of their actions.

Avixph

Wasn't reflected in the thread title but like, all of this is pretty fucked too:
The 14 affected federal laws and regulations affected by the new Trump executive order also includes Executive Order 11246, signed in 1965 by President Johnson. Executive Order 11246 prohibited federal contractors from discriminating in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Four years later, President Nixon added discrimination based on disability and age. In 1998, President Clinton added sexual orientation.

He basically got rid of all anti-discrimination wording in federal hiring. ALL OF IT.

This is the equivalent of rolling back the Civil Rights Act for a good chunk of the work force.
Wow.

Barzul

In a way it's good Trump is showing us he wasn't bluffing. Maybe people will understand the stakes in 2020.

Couldn't get his healthcare bill passed so decides to attack the rights of the most vulnerable to make himself feel as though he has some power.

No different to a schoolyard bully. Pathetic cunt.

I feel I'm empathetic.

I understand their opinions and even understand how they arrived at them.

But they're still wrong.

Yeah, I think it's important to note you can be empathetic and not apologetic. Understanding how people arrive at awful beliefs is important because without that understanding it's incredibly hard to come up with effective means of combating those viewpoints.

Wasn't reflected in the thread title but like, all of this is pretty fucked too:

He basically got rid of all anti-discrimination wording in federal hiring. ALL OF IT.

This is the equivalent of rolling back the Civil Rights Act for a good chunk of the work force.

Oh fuck no. Just fuck no. This is some grade a bullshit!

Bannable because we have a system that screws over the majority of voters while the party in power changes the rules on the fly and nothing is done and criminal investigations don't count? Yeah, you need to understand the difference when I say "America" and you directly.

Bannable because it's hateful bullshit that paints the entire country as deserving of this shitshow when a large part of it does not and didn't vote for it. Don't even try semenatically backtracking, you know what you fucking said

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
Trump will repeal this once he realizes the chances of grabbing someone by the pussy in public bathroom visits will decrease. His one concession to the democrats, besides his impending impeachment.

slit

I didn't vote for the orange turd tell me why I deserve this?

You personally don't, I was taking about America in an existential sense.

Bannable because it's hateful bullshit that paints the entire country as deserving of this shitshow when a large part of it does not and didn't vote for it. Don't even try semenatically backtracking, you know what you fucking said

Yeah, I know I said and you are taking it way out of proportion because you're mad about what he has done. Go take it out on the people responsible.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I think it's important to note you can be empathetic and not apologetic. Understanding how people arrive at awful beliefs is important because without that understanding it's incredibly hard to come up with effective means of combating those viewpoints.

Yeah, empathy is just another term the Right in this country has coopted and disarmed
successfully, like All Lives Matter and Fake News.

Conservatives got tired of being asked to empathize with whiny oppressed minorities all the time and decided to demand some empathy of their own, effectively making the term useless.

le.phat

And with that, the US is thrown back in time another ten years. Maybe we should downgrade the US from a 'developed nation' to a 'developing nation', since the next ten years US society will play catchup with the rest of the developed world.

Thread title is wrong, but obviously this is still incredibly disgusting.
When you consider that the long term goal of the Republican party is to privatize the functions of the entire federal government then it's much easier to understand how this is part of a much larger plan to marginalize anyone who's in the "other" group.

Bannable because we have a system that screws over the majority of voters while the party in power changes the rules on the fly and nothing is done and criminal investigations don't count? Yeah, you need to understand the difference when I say "America" and you directly.

I don't think you should be banned, but I'd say you did a pretty poor job of phrasing your point here.

Who actually deserves this? Seriously.

It certainly isn't the majority of voters that opposed Trump. It's not the minorities (LGBTQ+ included) that he's currently screwing over either. The party in power does not deserve to be able to commit this sort of action (nor should anyone ever be able to have that sort of power), nor should those in support of such gross violations of human rights be rewarded for their bigotry.

No one deserves this. At all.

Yeah, I know I said and you are taking it way out of proportion because you're mad about what he has done. Go take it out on the people responsible.

I can take it on them and call out your bullshit, too. You seem unable of owning it, though

pompidu

I don't think you should be banned, but I'd say you did a pretty poor job of phrasing your point here.

Who actually deserves this? Seriously.

It certainly isn't the majority of voters that opposed Trump. It's not the minorities (LGBTQ+ included) that he's currently screwing over either. The party in power does not deserve to be able to commit this sort of action (nor should anyone ever be able to have that sort of power), nor should those in support of such gross violations of human rights be rewarded for their bigotry.

No one deserves this. At all.

No one deserves this, but in a sense it is a wake up call to how bad this structure of government is. It just doesn't work, it's hard to be progressive when their is mechanics in place to stop it, and in turn, regress. America as a whole has embraced this type of government, so America as a whole is responsible for how it operates.

Matt

Trump rescinded Obama's executive order and contract employees are considered federal workers even though they are not direct hires.

Want to elaborate on what's wrong about it?
Federal contractors are not federal employees. There are many differences between the two categories.

Again, that doesn't make the act any less gross, or these people any less deserving of protection.

slit

I can take it on them and call out your bullshit, too. You seem unable of owning it, though

I am owning it. I said what I said. What am I not owning? The majority of Americans did one of two things. They either voted for Trump or didn't vote at all and this the result. The American public as a whole brought this on themselves. If you want to take that as a personal attack, so be it but you are way off base.

RinsFury

I hate this joke of a president so fucking much, orange fascist along with the rest of his republican goons are pure, concentrated, hatred.

Every single person scummy enough to vote for Trump wants to see LGBTQ and minorities eradicated. They all knew this was coming when they cast their vote, they are all equally guilty in this.

Tigress

A lot to most of he people who will suffer under trump are people who voted against him. So when you say America deserves him as if he is punishment, you are mostly talking about people who didn't want him!

Also, you can't say America deserves him and then claim you were only talking about a small percentage of America (the politicians who changes the rules). That just is backtracking. Besides that party in power is fine with trump, enough so they keep protecting him. So once again they aren't the ones suffering cause of him.

I am owning it. I said what I said. What am I not owning? The majority of Americans did one of two things. They either voted for Trump or didn't vote at all and this the result. The American public as a whole brought this on themselves. If you want to take that as a personal attack, so be it but you are way off base.

Yeah, and just fuck all of those who voted against him and all those who are going to be hurt by it. Just along for the ride. Fuck us all, I guess, we deserve it all.

bionic77

Finally someone is looking out for the bigots and racists.

It has become too hard to discrimate in this country. Trump is definitely looking out for his base.

:lol it's not even April. Our country is such a fucking joke.

Link

The Autumn Wind
And most Americans who did vote voted against him.

The "most Americans didn't vote period" argument is an issue that extends beyond this past election and is something that needs to be addressed as soon as possible.
It would be accurate to say that more voters voted against him. Saying most is definitely not true, though.

slit

A lot to most of he people who will suffer under trump are people who voted against him. So when you say America deserves him as if he is punishment, you are mostly talking about people who didn't want him!

Also, you can't say America deserves him and then claim you were only talking about a small percentage of America (the politicians who changes the rules). Besides me that party in power is fine with trump, enough so they keep protecting him. So once again they aren't the ones suffering cause of him.

Yes you can because those politicians are voted in time and again by people who want him and his kind protected. This isn't something new that sprung up when Trump got elected. Unless those few masterminded a coup, it is an absolute statement about American society as a whole. It doesn't mean I think everyone individual deserves it in the country. Perhaps that was badly worded.

Yeah, and just fuck all of those who voted against him and all those who are going to be hurt by it. Just along for the ride. Fuck us all, I guess, we deserve it all.
Not what I was intending and you know it but keep making things up in your mind if it makes you feel better. I'll be your anger target if you need a release.

carlo-allegri-donald-trump-lgbt-flag-2016-presidential-election.jpg

That's not true though.

While the majority of Americans didn't vote at all, the majority of those who did vote voted against Trump (which is a fact that's actually been nagging at his ego ever since the election). He won because of an incredibly faulty system by getting just enough votes over Hillary in key areas that gave him the Electoral College, rather than winning the most votes in general.

bionic77

Obviously no one deserves this orange monster

Not even his base deserves to be hurt by him (which they will be along with the rest of us).

But at some point we have to wake up and realize that this is fucking America in 2017. I lived in the same bubble as you and most of GAF but that is probably not what our country is anymore if it ever was.

I want to be optimistic but it is hard to be optimistic about America these days.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
You know, I think I would genuinely prefer Lex Luthor to be President over this man. Luthor wouldn't pull this shit.

In a way he's like a really dumb version of Lex Luthor

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lex_Luthor#Removal_from_office

This was predicated by an attempt on Luthor's part to link Superman to a kryptonite asteroid that is hurtling toward Earth, claiming that he had 'evidence'- which he declined to share while claiming that it would make the public laud his actions if they knew it- that the asteroid was being drawn to Earth by Superman, offering a billion dollar reward for Superman's capture that pitted Superman and Batman against an army of villains, all of whom they defeated

Power Girl noting that Luthor had assumed in his arrogance that the heroes would obey him simply because he was President.

I'm sure they'll spin this as "religious freedom" like they always do, but I wonder what Bible passages they'll use to excuse allowing discrimination based on race and age.

Usobuko

Banned
Getting white people to stop voting against their own interests is really difficult.

I'll argue that on some forms it is to their interest.

The interest of normalizing white ( male ) supremacy and put down every other minorities just because they can. It's a stark reminder to everyone else who's really in charge of the country and if they aren't, they still hold sufficient power to obstruct others.

slit

That's not true though.

While the majority of Americans didn't vote at all, the majority of those who did vote voted against Trump (which is a fact that's actually been nagging at his ego ever since the election). He won because of an incredibly faulty system by getting just enough votes over Hillary in key areas that gave him the Electoral College, rather than winning the most votes in general.

Which could have been avoided if more of those registered in those "key areas" would have voted. PA, WI, Michigan were Dem strongholds until this election, while it's true that blue collar workers caused that for the most part it could have been overcome by those who are indifferent to it all.

Not what I was intending and you know it but keep making things up in your mind if it makes you feel better. I'll be your anger target if you need a release.

I didn't know it. You said America deserves and now are flopping around trying to justify a stupid and ignorant statemant after being called out on it instead of just owning the fact that you said a stupid and ignorant thing. Don't try to get on the cross, no one is going to buy that shit.

Obviously no one deserves this orange monster

Not even his base deserves to be hurt by him (which they will be along with the rest of us).

But at some point we have to wake up and realize that this is fucking America in 2017. I lived in the same bubble as you and most of GAF but that is probably not what our country is anymore if it ever was.

I want to be optimistic but it is hard to be optimistic about America these days.

Being optimistic about America has nothing to do qith saying millions of people deserve suffering when they had nothing to do with the cause of their suffering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom