• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump shouted at Palestinian leader during meeting

Jackpot

Banned
http://www.timesofisrael.com/trump-said-to-yell-at-abbas-over-incitement-you-lied-to-me/

Trump yelled at Abbas: ‘You tricked me in DC,’ Israeli TV reports

President’s outburst in last week’s talks, alleging PA chief is engaged in anti-Israel incitement, was followed by shocked silence, Channel 2 claims; Palestinians insist meeting went fine

An angry Trump yelled at Abbas during their talks last Tuesday for his alleged direct involvement in incitement against Israel, Channel 2 reported, citing an unnamed American source.

“You tricked me in DC! You talked there about your commitment to peace, but the Israelis showed me your involvement in incitement [against Israel],” Trump is said to have shouted at a shocked Abbas.

The TV report said the outburst was followed by several minutes of shocked silence from the Palestinians, and that the meeting was very tense before the two sides managed to get back on track.

Palestinian sources denied the report, saying the meeting was good and to the point.

I googled around and Channel 2 seems to be a longstanding fixture of Israeli media. Would be interested in any insight as to the trustworthiness of their claims.

SpaceWolf

Banned
The TV report said the outburst was followed by several minutes of shocked silence from the Palestinians, and that the meeting was very tense before the two sides managed to get back on track.

Really glad I'm not going to be an American for the next few years. So embarrassing.

There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.

I really believe that Trump was dumb enough to think that he could solve the Middle East peace issue in a few days where every one else has failed for decades. He's just delusional enough to believe that.

Ploid 3.0

This guy learning about diplomacy the hard way is the biggest mistake. I wouldn't even let him play my old Civilization save file games, and people decided to vote to put him in this position. He sounds like such a spoiled brat that is now on his own in the real world for the first time. He's going to mess up a lot as he make careless mistakes, only to come back home to a rally to get encouragement to continue to be a disaster.

How can he grow up in this situation. Every report on him is fake news in his eyes. He's in his own bubble.

Trump thinks Israel are the good guys and the Palestinians are the bad guys, doesn't he

How is this child allowed to try to solve the complex issue that is the Middle East?

Derwind

Whether or not Trump was indeed lied to and whether or not the Palestinian leader was creating incitement, I don't know nor will I attempt to speak on that.

But as a world leader, "embarrassing" is not even tge right word to describe this. After everything that's happened, you'd think he would learn what optics means after all this.

Who but Trump blusters like this on the world stage. My god.

Shoeless

I really believe that Trump was dumb enough to think that he could solve the Middle East peace issue in a few days where every one else has failed for decades. He's just delusional enough to believe that.

Who knew that regional disputes going back centuries and entailing a mix of cultural and religious conflicts could be so hard?

No worries, pretty boy Jared is on the job! /s

That would be better at this point. He's further antagonizing one of the two parties.

One hell of a intermediary.

I hope this is not true and just an Israeli source trying something, but fuck me if this doesn't sound like something Trump would do.

Apathy

3da2c1969a09e4c8a7b992cc1e30bcaf.jpg

I expect to get a lot of use out of this image the next 3+ years

There is a very high chance this actually is fake news. It doesn't even deserve a thread. Or you guys determining whether Trump acted accordingly.

JordanN

Banned
Abbas has sabotaged peace talks before and he refuses to give up power (still no elections since 2005), so I don't need Trump to remind me he sucks.

old

What kind of idiot goes into politics and doesn't expect people to lie to them?

Especially one who lies so often themselves.

Dopus

Banned
Abbas has sabotaged peace talks before and he refuses to give up power (still no elections since 2005), so I don't need Trump to remind me he sucks.

As has Netenyahu. And actually, it's really standard practice for Israel to do so anyway.

I wonder how Trump would view Netenyahu when he speaks of the Oslo accords and the way Bibi interpreted it.

No that would be Netanyahu, who literally announces illegal settlements every goddamn time there are peace talks.

Netanyahu is literally a warmonger. What he did to Gaza in 2012 proves that he doesn't give a flying fuck about finding piece.

Top Bottom