• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump shouted at Palestinian leader during meeting

Linkura

There is a very high chance this actually is fake news. It doesn't even deserve a thread. Or you guys determining whether Trump acted accordingly.

Again, whether or not it's fake news, the fact that it's even plausible is terrible.

I would immediately say this was fake if this was say, an article about any previous US President. The fact that I can even be like, "That sounds like something that would actually happen in this timeline," is awful.

Nif

Is Times of Israel a reputable source of news? They're citing an Israeli TV station citing an unnamed american source.

Trump is also a weasel. I don't see him standing up to any foreign power in private.

Again, whether or not it's fake news, the fact that it's even plausible is terrible.

I would immediately say this was fake if this was say, an article about any previous US President. The fact that I can even be like, "That sounds like something that would actually happen in this timeline," is awful.
That's what makes fake news so powerful

Shadybiz

Yeah I don't know...Trump has already proven to be gutless when meeting face to face with world leaders, so this seems rather unlikely. Will wait for verification.

Eh, Trump has lived his whole life as someone who only yells at people less powerful than him. He's not a confrontational guy, he's actually a pretty big coward. So I can't see him suddenly yelling at a leader of a country. He'd rather smile in the face and cry, bitch, moan back in the "safety" of the white house.

Madness

"You tricked me!"

Ah, more childlike diatribe from the commander and baby chief!

Is this guy for real? 'You tricked me'... my god, future generations will read about this in the history books like we read about the decline of the Roman Republic and Empire.

rjc571

Banned
Why the hell is Donald Trump meeting with foreign leaders? President Kushner really needs to get his shit together.

Xe4

Banned
You expect me to believe he used "incitement" in an unprepared sentence?

lol
Yeah, that's a fucking huge red flag here, lol.

If it was:
"Israel has the best information. The best. I was talking to Netanyahu, and he said he had the best information about Palistine messing with Israel. The best."
Or something like that I'd believe it.

This seems very un-Trumpish

jayu26

“You tricked me in DC! You talked there about your commitment to peace, but the Israelis showed me your involvement in incitement [against Israel],” Trump is said to have shouted at a shocked Abbas.

You can't clap with one hand, you orange fuck.

Spladam

Finally, chess game has been upped to the 6th dimension, there will be peace in the Middle East in a month or two.

hohoXD123

The funny thing is with this dude you can make up whatever story and it'll be believable because Trump

Pretty much. If I read a headline saying that the POTUS punched a world leader in the face, I'd call BS...but it's Trump we're talking about here....

Dr.Acula

Banned
I don't think Trump has a firm enough grasp, or enough of an interest in the machinations of Mid-East diplomacy to get emotionally invested enough to yell at anyone over it. Saying he got "tricked" implies he understood the situation enough to have an opinion, then to be deceived, then to understand the deception, and to confidently call someone out over its nuance. I'm calling bullshit.

JohnsonUT

I don't think Trump has a firm enough grasp, or enough of an interest in the machinations of Mid-East diplomacy to get emotionally invested enough to yell at anyone over it. Saying he got "tricked" implies he understood the situation enough to have an opinion, then to be deceived, then to understand the deception, and to confidently call someone out over its nuance. I'm calling bullshit.

Counterargument: He talked to Palestinians who gave their slanted side of the story. Then he talked to Israel who gave their slanted side. Trump only sees black and white in the world and always believes who he talked to last. Thus, the Israelis must be telling the truth and the Palestinians must be deceiving deceiving.

Trump thinks Israel are the good guys and the Palestinians are the bad guys, doesn't he

How is this child allowed to try to solve the complex issue that is the Middle East?
Didn't you know? Labeling who are the good guys and bad guys is Step 1 of any peace plan.

Kettch

Is he revealing more intelligence he got from the Israelis?

Sounds more like the Israelis have learned how to play Trump to me. The man will believe anything he hears, he went all in on the birther conspiracy after all. Easy to get him riled up against the Palestinians.

Eusis

A full day without this blowing up probably means this story is fake.
It ends up being more an indictment of how disreputable Trump is that this is readily believed. We wouldn't believe a story of this about Obama or even Bush, but Trump? He'd plausibly do it without any real provocation!

HaL64

You tricked me in DC! You talked there about your commitment to peace, but the Israelis showed me your involvement in incitement

This does not sound like something Trump would say. It is too eloquent.

"Your enemies showed me that you're the bad guys!"

Yeah no shit sherlock it's what Israel does.

Yeah if this is true that's what I took away from it too and its what makes it kinda believable because Trump is easily manipulated by stroking his ego and also by colorful maps and charts.

Bibi: "Trump, my friend, you know the Palestinians are total assholes, we kill them because they want to kill us first. Also, did I mention they are Muslim?"

Trump: "They're Muslim?!, I Thought they were Palestinians, they tricked me!!"

Top Bottom