• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Newsweek: Kushner's meeting w/ Mahmoud Abbas went badly, U.S. might pull out talks

Vixdean

Frankly, the level of incompetence demonstrated by this administration warrants impeachment for the sake of national security, even if there was no Russian collusion.

trumpimpeachmentfeat-620x350.jpg

Stranya

As a UK observer who knows little about US politics, I am astonished that Trump can get away with giving advisory positions to his daughter and son-in-law, despite them seemingly having no qualifications whatsoever to perform such roles. Aren't there any rules about such shameless, brazen nepotism? Trump seems to be treating this presidency like his own corporate fiefdom.

Ovid

I don't think I've heard of a good negotiation coming out of this administration. Maybe getting the healthcare bill out of the house?
Carrier but they're moving to Mexico anyway so that didn't work out so well.

Anion

As a UK observer who knows little about US politics, I am astonished that Trump can get away with giving advisory positions to his daughter and son-in-law, despite them seemingly having no qualifications whatsoever to perform such roles. Aren't there any rules about such shameless, brazen nepotism? Trump seems to be treating this presidency like his own corporate fiefdom.
It's honestly sad. The country has literally gone to shit. Thankfully there are still a good amount reasonable people left. We just need a ruthless and cunning good leader to come from the Democrats that can bash Trump and the Republicans on every given chance and push them back into nothingness.

Azuran

Banned
Peace in the Middle East is now closer than ever before.

This absolute failure is just part of the Kush's master plan.

I gotta say I'm shocked he didn't bring peace throughout the Middle East. Maybe he will just cure cancer next to get over this sad defeat.

kmax

So much winning.

I can't wait to continue winning for 4 years straight with the Great Donald Trump.

Saya

We have in the audience a special person who's worked very hard, who married very well, it is my daughter Ivanka. Where is she? I sort of stole her husband. He is so great. If you can't produce peace in the Middle East, nobody can. OK? All my life I have been hearing that's the toughest deal in the world to make. And I've seen it, but I have a feeling that Jared is going to do a great job. I have a feeling he is going to do a great job. So he will work with them.

If Jared can't do it, nobody can. Wrap it up.

Oersted

Kushner is a close family friend of Netanyahu, and diplomacy is often built more around these personal ties than anyone's expertise.

Though in this case it just means that Kushner's going to act as a cudgel for whatever Bibi wants, but absent his rank incompetence, he's "qualified" because he would have Netanyahu's ear.

You do know a diplomat should have the respect and ears of all parties involved, not just of one.

Wag

I'm Jewish and even I know enough not to send an Orthodox Jew to negotiate peace (even if he was qualified) with the Palestinians. What were they thinking?

Everytime America goes in to peace talks and brings a list of demands from Israel this is going to happen.

I am still pissed Kushner is getting jobs that he has no business doing.

There are supposed laws to prevent such things, but Trump has ignored so many laws and regulations and gotten away with all of it. The one thing I have learned these past few months is that no matter what has been said before, the president is above the law and actions should be taken in the future to limit the power of the executive branch.

Amory

Wow it's almost like he has no qualifications for the job and he doesn't know what the fuck he's doing.

But surely that can't be the case

I think the better thing about all this is just how spineless they all are. They're considering pulling out after making a big fucking deal about it and its only been one real meeting. Negotiations don't happen over night especially for something like peace in one of the most contentious areas out there. Its pathetic.

"Be a failure, don't be percieved as one."

I don't think I've heard of a good negotiation coming out of this administration. Maybe getting the healthcare bill out of the house?

And it was Pence too.

Ogodei

That is exactly why he is unqualified for the job.

The idea that Palestine would even countenance negotiating in good faith with Bibi's mate is absurd.

The idea is that if Kushner (or Trump, working through him) sincerely wanted peace to happen, then they could utilize their personal friendship with Bibi to make it work. Easier to convince a friend of some hard truth than it is to convince a stranger, but you have to want the change. That's where this all falls apart: post Bush, the GOP's walked away from any sincere thought of the two-state solution or of any solution other than Bibi's protracted genocide plan.

snap0212

"They sounded like Netanyahu's advisers and not like fair arbiters,"
Well, yeah. No matter what you think about the conflict, no matter your stance on the subject, it's pretty naive to expect anything else from the US considering the US keeps vetoing pretty much every single thing that goes against Israel's wishes.

Shoeless

Curious to see whether "real news" like Fox and Infowars spin this into a victory of some sort, or simply fail to see it as news and don't give it any coverage at all.

Lord Fagan

Something something 36-year-old kid...

For real, though. If it doesn't involve cardio or describing the amenities of a room in a high-rise condominium, Jared don't know what the fuck he's doing.

Top Bottom