• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump to hold rally on night of White House Correspondents Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

President Trump will hold a rally in Pennsylvania the night of the White House Correspondents Dinner, he said Saturday.

"Next Saturday night I will be holding a BIG rally in Pennsylvania. Look forward to it!" Trump wrote on Twitter.

The announcement comes after Trump decided earlier this year that he would skip the annual dinner in Washington, D.C., breaking with longtime political tradition of the president attending the event alongside lawmakers and celebrities.

The dinner, hosted by the White House Correspondents' Association, is on April 29 at the Washington Hilton.

Trump on Saturday also said he plans to announce new tax reforms next week.

"Big TAX REFORM AND TAX REDUCTION will be announced next Wednesday," Trump said.

Source: http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...on-night-of-white-house-correspondents-dinner

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
No interest in governing. No interest in anyone who didn't support him. No interest in working. Easily the worst president in history and not even 100 days in. At least Jackson was intelligent.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
...a rally for what?

pleaseclap.gif

RPGCrazied

The dinner is still going? Good, I'll watch that instead. I find it hilarious Trump is going to have a rally the 100th day mark, when he has accomplished nothing.

Why is there no 24/7 coverage in all media that these rallies are dangerous bullshit. And for Trump to actually do his job instead of using tax payer dollars for this nonsense.

jb1234

No interest in governing. No interest in anyone who didn't support him. No interest in working. Easily the worst president in history and not even 100 days in. At least Jackson was intelligent.

I think the only bright spot is that he's so incompetent that he hasn't been able to get anything done.

RPGCrazied

Hope the media carries the dinner and not his pathetic rally. I really hope they roast the shit out of him at the dinner too.

Sianos

the orange snowflake is melting~~~

What did they expect, to demonize polite discourse and engage in name-calling and dog-megaphoning... without people literally called "warriors" yelling back?

iammeiam

So on that night we have:

- The Actual White House Correspondent's Dinner, where Woodward and Bernstein will speak, and which will largely focus on journalism
- Sam Bee's alternative thing which will roast Trump
- Trump's latest pep rally, where he'll ramble incoherently and try to travel back in time to pre-election times through sheer force of shit-talking Obama and Clinton

You've got your serious, you've got your funny, and you've got your Trump bullshit. Pretty solid night for events at this point.

RPGCrazied

But knowing our media, they will show his rally and not the dinner. Which will make me turn the TV off. Not watching anymore of that incoherent hate speech.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Weakling demands a safe space hugbox to avoid hearing hearing notable citizens use their freedom of speech on live tv! SAD!

RPGCrazied

You know he is going to talk about the 100 days and how it doesn't matter. Yet, coming from his mouth laying out a contract for his 100 days to the American voter. Which he hasn't done one thing. Everything failed. No wall, no repeal of Obamacare, no ban. The supreme court pick only went through because they broke the rules and shoved him through.

Just has been nothing but a disaster.

Oersted

Why is there no 24/7 coverage in all media that these rallies are dangerous bullshit. And for Trump to actually do his job instead of using tax payer dollars for this nonsense.

Because most of them fell victim to the cult of person and are increasingly losing the ability to see the bigger picture because that doesn't bring ratings.

Doesn't help matters that he constantly creates new facts and realities on Twitter. They are degraded to reacting and coverage.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
You have to imagine it'll go no other way than him working up the crowd by making himself the man of the people while the rest of the rich and powerful government cronies are off frivolously wasting tax payers money instead of making the government work. They'll eat it up :)

As somebody who is new to actually keeping up with politics/news, what precedent is there in modern times for presidents to continue to host rallies after being elected?

RPGCrazied

So much wrong going on, like a near war with Syria and North Korea and this buffoon cares about a fucking campaign rally.

Derwind

You have to imagine it'll go no other way than him working up the crowd by making himself the man of the people while the rest of the rich and powerful government cronies are off frivolously wasting tax payers money instead of making the government work. They'll eat it up :)

True and there will be a certain section of people that will ignore the huge government waste that are these rallies themselves, that address nothing and help no one.

rjinaz

Non-american here,

why should he go though?

Most presidents celebrate the press and freedom of the press. Even Bush went to these things knowing they would be brutal, but he could take it, freedom of the press is important.

But Trump hates the press and hates being in a room that isn't worshiping him like Jesus so it does make sense why he'd bail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom