• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump to hold rally on night of White House Correspondents Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apzu

Watch Trump deflect any criticism later on using Reagan as an excuse (ignoring the real reason).

So on that night we have:

- The Actual White House Correspondent's Dinner, where Woodward and Bernstein will speak, and which will largely focus on journalism
- Sam Bee's alternative thing which will roast Trump
- Trump's latest pep rally, where he'll ramble incoherently and try to travel back in time to pre-election times through sheer force of shit-talking Obama and Clinton

You've got your serious, you've got your funny, and you've got your Trump bullshit. Pretty solid night for events at this point.
I hope I'll be able to watch sam bee's thing.

Tovarisc

iQFUQH7.png

https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/855817135590973440

SeanC

I hope that Sam Bee thing is two straight commercial-free hours of roasting the fuck out of Trump, his family and his cabinet and throw in some Senators in there while you're at it.

It won't be that long, but I'll take a condensed version. Go all-in, Sam. It's those clips that will go viral and top trends on youtube, not whatever BS Trump will spout at his "look at me" rally.

The President's the most powerful man in the world. This is a ritual to show he's gracious, has an even temper and can take criticism. The fact that Trump is not going means none of those things are true about him, which is troubling.

Beautifully put why this sort of thing matters. In a democracy elected leaders should not act like a feudal cast above reproach.

Oh, it's in PA.

The same weekend as the NFL draft. That's in Philly this year.

Yeah, it's not going to be anywhere close to the East coast of Pennsylvania.

Korigama

A rally for what...?

Why is this guy continuously spending tax payer money on these unnecessary events?
He intends to bleed this country dry to preserve his own (fake billionaire) wealth, even better if it means plenty of opportunities to funnel the money back into his own pockets, as with the Secret Service's Mar-a-Lago expenses.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
As somebody who is new to actually keeping up with politics/news, what precedent is there in modern times for presidents to continue to host rallies after being elected?
None. Zero. This hasn't happened before in the US, and historically, it happens in democracies as they transition to dictatorships.

What you are seeing right now is a stress test of the US political system. No joke.

Aselith

That's not how that works. If their beat is Trump/White House, they have to cover it.

No, they really don't. Their job is to provide as much coverage as possible but they don't have to cover every little thing. Some fluff rally really doesn't have to rate.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
They should hold the correspondant's dinner outdoors next to the rally.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I hope he lives long enough to know that he's considered the worst president in US history. And he will be.

Sod it if the Thin Skinned Humpty Dumpty needs to avoid the press and hold a back patting rally, the Press should go the whole hog and invite Obama to the correspondents dinner

and to balance it out invite Bush too and say they are inviting past and present Presidents, then hold an empty chair for 45

I hope Trump didn't already ruin the chance for non-politicians to get elected in the future.

The door is wide open. And the current crop of politicians will keep it open for the foreseeable future because they aren't very good. They could always change that of course by stepping their game up.

drspeedy

Sticks, PA? He can sell out whatever hangar he uses four times. Lotta brilliant ppl out there. I recommend a visit. It's breathtaking.

He should make make it a big outdoor rally in Centralia, reopening the mines. Free hard hats for the kids!

Coz, you know, EPA jobs

google Centralia, non-PA GAF. Silent Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom