• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump to hold rally on night of White House Correspondents Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
For a guy that plays off dissenters as people not realizing the election is over, holding a rally seems kind of hypocritical. Hey Trump, the election is over.

I hope they actively choose not to roast him or give him any attention at all at the dinner, outside of a single mention of him being a thinned skinned little bitch who can't handle it.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
iQFUQH7.png

https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/855817135590973440
lol
Have to? Nobody is making them cover the rally.
Except their bosses.

They could opt to boycott it, but I'm not sure how far up the chain of command that would go.

Remember the Iowa debates? Similar tactic. One might argue it didn't work out to well for him there. Or did it?

Zolo

"Big TAX REFORM AND TAX REDUCTION will be announced next Wednesday," Trump said.
Wouldn't this be part of the budget that would require democrats in the Senate to agree? I expect trouble.

Most presidents celebrate the press and freedom of the press. Even Bush went to these things knowing they would be brutal, but he could take it, freedom of the press is important.

But Trump hates the press and hates being in a room that isn't worshiping him like Jesus so it does make sense why he'd bail.

The dinner has been about giving pats on the back to people who don't deserve it for a long time now, so a president on shaky ground could use it to make themselves look humble and butter some talking heads up a bit.

The problem is that Trump is an egomaniac who would endear himself to nobody.

The President's the most powerful man in the world. This is a ritual to show he's gracious, has an even temper and can take criticism. The fact that Trump is not going means none of those things are true about him, which is troubling.

Because the name pretty much explains it.

It is the White House throwing a dinner for the press.

Thanks.

I understand better now. Anyway, I think that he has talked so much shit about the press, and that tries to be anti-stablishment, that maybe thought his voters would feel betrayed if he just went to it.

But of course, it is a bad idea and it won't help him in any way.

Zolo

Thanks.

I understand better now. Anyway, I think that he has talked so much shit about the press, and that tries to be anti-stablishment, that maybe thought his voters would feel betrayed if he just went to it.

But of course, it is a bad idea and it won't help him in any way.

To add on, Trump also got roasted at the 2011 dinner in what Trump probably considers one of the most humiliating nights of his life.

TI82

Banned
So if anyone hasn't seen the video, Trump had one of his worst public ridiculing at the 2011 correspondents dinner at the hands of Obama. Some even say that specific night is the entire reason he ran for president again because he was so humiliated by Obama. Well worth a watch if you haven't seen it.

Incarmine

Banned
So if anyone hasn't seen the video, Trump had one of his worst public ridiculing at the 2011 correspondents dinner at the hands of Obama. Some even say that specific night is the entire reason he ran for president again because he was so humiliated by Obama. Well worth a watch if you haven't seen it.

Also worth mentioning the interview with Sir Richard Bronson, who met Trump once and the latter wanted to make it his entire life's goal to take revenge on other people.

RPGCrazied

Really don't know where there isn't any counter rallies. When this shitstain has one, someone on the left needs to counter it. We can't let this man's message be the only one heard around the nation.

Zolo

Really don't know where there isn't any counter rallies. When this shitstain has one, someone on the left needs to counter it. We can't let this man's message be the only one heard around the nation.

There are counter-voices all the time in the media. Again, all these events do is help his own bruised ego and a place to gather for people who'll stick by him no matter what he does.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
Isn't there something weirdly authoritarian about a U.S. president holding post-election rallies, especially when he hasn't really accomplished a thing during his tenure so far?

Like, that's some North Korea shit right there.

SteveWD40

Also worth mentioning the interview with Sir Richard Bronson, who met Trump once and the latter wanted to make it his entire life's goal to take revenge on other people.

Richard Branson:

Some years ago, Mr Trump invited me to lunch for a one-to-one meeting at his apartment in Manhattan. We had not met before and I accepted. Even before the starters arrived he began telling me about how he had asked a number of people for help after his latest bankruptcy and how five of them were unwilling to help. He told me he was going to spend the rest of his life destroying these five people.

He didn’t speak about anything else and I found it very bizarre. I told him I didn’t think it was the best way of spending his life. I said it was going to eat him up, and do more damage to him than them. There must be more constructive ways to spend the rest of your life.

Dali

They really should invite Obama and just have him shit on Trump the whole night again.

That orange fuck would probably get an aneurysm.
That would be perfect. Obama wouldn't even need to disparage Trump. Just him being there and speaking would be big enough to compete with Trumps stupid rally. People would want to watch just hoping for a repeat of the year he stole Trump's soul.

Future

If media had balls, they'd cover the dinner and ignore the rally. But they don't, cuz need dat money and potential viewers, which is why trump always succeeds. Trump knows profit supersedes any real journalist integrity do he can do whatever and press doesn't do shit

Owzers

If media had balls, they'd cover the dinner and ignore the rally. But they don't, cuz need dat money and potential viewers, which is why trump always succeeds. Trump knows profit supersedes any real journalist integrity do he can do whatever and press doesn't do shit
And he's going to spend half the time complaining about the media.

Strike

He'll be trying to push that "Washington outsider" and Washington Elite/Hollywood vs. Real America™ bullshit narrative despite being president.

For a guy that plays off dissenters as people not realizing the election is over, holding a rally seems kind of hypocritical. Hey Trump, the election is over.

I hope they actively choose not to roast him or give him any attention at all at the dinner, outside of a single mention of him being a thinned skinned little bitch who can't handle it.

That would be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom