• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump to hold rally on night of White House Correspondents Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.

SURGEdude

I actually don't even know, why Obama got -1.5M?

The crash of 2008 occurred more or less during the handoff to the then new Obama administration. That's why a large part of the early financial bailout stuff was done by Bush, and the other chunk by Obama.

Dude, the dinner is broadcast on C-Span. Hardly raking in the ad revenue on there.

CNN, Fox and MSNBC will also cover parts of the dinner tonight. I don't think they should be ashamed of devoting a lot of their coverage to Trump's rally. It's great for business. It's been great for them since he launched his campaign I would think.

CNN, Fox and MSNBC will also cover parts of the dinner tonight. I don't think they should be ashamed of devoting a lot of their coverage to Trump's rally. It's great for business. It's been great for them since he launched his campaign I would think.

Yes, people are more interested in the news when their world is practically up in flames. Who would have thought.

SURGEdude

Trump and his minions have been great for ratings, no doubt about it. Look at Sean Spicer, the guy is as dumb as a rock but his outlandish stupidity keeps him always in view.

RPGCrazied

Is there a pic?

Yep!

C-n9ofUVYAAu95G.jpg:large

pa22word

Bush was President before Obama. He fucked up the jobs.

Pretty sure banking deregulation started under Carter bro. Then continued under reagan and every other president right up to bush.

As someone else said before, the economy mostly does what it does as a result of decades of build up. Unless you pull a Mao and start abolishing the market overnight, nothing a US president specifically does will have much of an economic impact by the end of his term. Bush didn't fuck the economy. At most Bush fucked the potential to fix the problem once things started getting fucked due to blowing the surplus of the Clinton years on wars and tax cuts. ie, we might have been able to do a better and more robust stimulus package if the coffers were in better shape due to not spending a trillion or so on iraq and losing a ton of revenue due to bush tax cuts at the same time.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Do not see Steve Bannon.

Not see Steve Bannon.

Not see
Steve Bannon
Not see
Steve Bannon.

Say "not see" three times, fast.

And Frederick Douglas is not here because he's dead.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Shit, has any President continued to hold rallies in perpetuity even after inauguration?

It's a tool presidents have used at various times outside of elections, like when Obama did it to try to build support for his healthcare bill.

Constant victory rallies to stroke the president's ego definitely is unique though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom