• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Try Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown for free on Jan 11th

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Don’t forget bloodstained !
giphy.gif

I haven't been so bored to death and uninterested while playing metroidvania in I don't even know how long. I'm trying to forget that I've ever played this game and erase it from my mind since.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Played it a bit since I already have the deluxe version pre-ordered (had a gift card). I like it, does feel like Strider indeed. Tried it in Farsi but quickly switched back to English. All those speech bubbles annoyed me tho, why is there no auto skip.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Played it a bit since I already have the deluxe version pre-ordered (had a gift card). I like it, does feel like Strider indeed. Tried it in Farsi but quickly switched back to English. All those speech bubbles annoyed me tho, why is there no auto skip.

Right from the start you got static animation plus speech bubbles instead of actual animation. That wasn't a great choice by the development team. I associate static animations with low budget indie games, not with the likes of Ubisoft. Would have been fine at $20-30 but not for a $50 game.

Last edited:
Right from the start you got static animation plus speech bubbles instead of actual animation. That wasn't a great choice by the development team. I associate static animations with low budget indie games, not with the likes of Ubisoft. Would have been fine at $20-30 but not for a $50 game.

It’s $50??? Dang

I thought it was made to be like a quick indie-type smaller game.

Beer Baelly

People saying the combat is bad and/or enemies are spongey clearly haven't messed around with combos. Even on immortal difficulty, most enemies are completely shredded with aerial combos. I'll just leave this here.

That simple enemy survived it tho

SALMORE

Just finished playing the demo , the game reminds me alot of Griptonite games on the Nintendo DS specially in combat and combo wise

am 100% buying it but it's a ubisoft game so I'll wait a bit to get it cheaper

Beer Baelly

It isnt hidden. Go to games in the store, scroll down and you'll find demo's... or use search.

Last edited:

Gambit2483

It isnt hidden. Go to games in the store, scroll down and you'll find demo's... or use search.
One (and probably only) thing I like about Nintendo's eshop is that they have a search category for any/every game that has a demo. MS and Sony should definitely incorporate a similar feature for their online shops (if they haven't already)

DaGwaphics

I checked it again today and it still doesn't pull up for me using the search. Maybe it is a regional glitch or something like that. You just get the paid versions.

Probably is in the demos section.

DaGwaphics

I found the game easily. Just not the demo…

Yeah, the demo was what I was talking about. The full versions pop right up.

Some posters are saying the demo pops right up for them as well. Might be some kind of glitch in certain regions or something.

Last edited:
Top Bottom