• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tsilon.ca Discussion Thread

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Requested. How have they been recently with sending out these codes?

EDIT: Requested theme too, button doesn't seem to work but it shows up as pending.

chicoquente

Neo Member
Requested. How have they been recently with sending out these codes?

Last ones took some time I think... And then when they went out it sent blank codes to a lot of people that were able to request the code after it was already depleted. It causes some angry posts! Hopefully it goes a little smoother this time around!

If I get the 30 off code I'll give my 20 off pre-ordered halo 4 to a friend who doesn't want to pay full price.....i've never pre-ordered the same game twice

zorbsie

$30 off halo 4 collector's edition. Can't say no to that. Nice to see that they are using more levels to give out perks. 7 more levels to hit 40.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So is there anything good in the CE?

After getting burned by the cat helmet, I've only picked up the regulars. lol
It's actually one of the best CEs to date IMO if you don't care about physical content:

War Games Map Packs: The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps - three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE.

Specializations: Receive early access to six Specializations, available at launch on Xbox LIVE, and use them, one at a time, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career. In addition to gaining access to new ranks, Specializations unlock new customization options.

The Special Edition of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, a 90-minute extended version of the live-action digital series which will take fans back to the terrifying beginning of the Human/Covenant war, when the Master Chief inspired a young cadet who would eventually become a leader aboard the UNSC's greatest vessel ever: the UNSC Infinity.

Digital content also included:

Bonus in-fiction bonus content expanding the characters and stories of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn and their connections to Halo 4

Special Featurette: Bringing Gaming into Reality

Making of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn

Bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE:

Unique in-game Spartan IV armour skin

Unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle

An exclusive in-game emblem

Xbox LIVE Avatar prop

Xbox LIVE Avatar Spartan IV armour set

Worth it for the map packs alone IMO.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
When I bought Halo 3 the cat helmet version was the cheapest version around lol
I paid 150 for that fucker. lol

It's actually one of the best CEs to date IMO if you don't care about physical nonsense:
Limited Edition Contents
Worth it for the map packs alone IMO.
Hrm. So is that in lieu of a season-pass that they're probably going to sell, or are those going to be the same maps? How much is it?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hrm. So is that in lieu of a season-pass that they're probably going to sell, or are those going to be the same maps? How much is it?
This article lays it out fairly well. Season Pass is essentially included in the LE, for those 3 packs anyways. Season pass is $25 separately. At $30 off the LE, your definitely getting a better deal than buying them separately.

EDIT: Should note these maps are different from the first season (10 weeks) of Spartan Ops DLC which is free. That's co-operative, and the War Games map packs are competitive multiplayer maps.

zroid

Banned
Level 29 :(

I don't have an Xbox anyway >_>. Not a big Halo fan either, but at $30 I'd definitely get it. If I had an Xbox, that is.

Stat!

Okay, I just realized old Dailies (that I missed) work if I input them. Is this all good? I mean, it still awards me the XP.

Okay, I just realized old Dailies (that I missed) work if I input them. Is this all good? I mean, it still awards me the XP.

I did it once or twice in the past and haven't gotten in trouble yet. That said, I'm not sure if it is supposed to be like that.

Stat!

I did it once or twice in the past and haven't gotten in trouble yet. That said, I'm not sure if it is supposed to be like that.

There isn't a rule against it on the site. I've looked all over the site. But I don't know how "ethical" it seems because the questions are called dailies. Had they been called "Mega questions", it would have been different. And there isn't a strict limit (if it was, maybe one daily per day), as it lets you enter it. I don't know. Kinda convincing myself here too.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
there was a few weeks where they'd update the daily and make old codes not work.. they seemed to have stopped doing that though.

Stat!

there was a few weeks where they'd update the daily and make old codes not work.. they seemed to have stopped doing that though.

Yeah the last time I tried to input old Daily codes, they didn't work. But that was several weeks ago.

Yeah, all the old ones work up till about page 69 on this GAF thread. But hey, it bumped me up to 21 from 18 so not terrible.

zroid

Banned
Yeah, all the old ones work up till about page 69 on this GAF thread. But hey, it bumped me up to 21 from 18 so not terrible.

iiiiinteresting. I should be able to hit level 30 with this!

-- Urk, trying to enter some old ones and they're being rejected.

---- ... yeah this isn't working for me. Ah well.

krae_man

Video of the event: To be determined.

Guests or +1's: As of now, not permitted, however this Mister will push for it.

More Info: Shortly.

There may be a guarantee required. Put xp on the line to attend, and if you don't show, lose that xp. The Misters (ironically) will not tolerate no-shows for this event

Launch Party info(Kind of)

Edit: More:

Confirmation requests will be sent out tonight or tomorrow morning. On Wednesday afternoon, spots will be opened up to members level 30 and above (currently only level 40 and above) to fill any remaining spots, and to fill any spots that do not RSVP by Thursday at noon.<br /><br />The home area slide will be updated to reflect this schedule, as will the home area schedule.

More hope for Zorbsie and Shagg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Still undecided about the CE or the normal. 40 bucks is quite the jump.

Also, I find it amazing that tsilon is breaking news for me. I love Fighting Vipers. lol

Stat!

iiiiinteresting. I should be able to hit level 30 with this!

-- Urk, trying to enter some old ones and they're being rejected.

---- ... yeah this isn't working for me. Ah well.

Err I meant (and sorry for the awful sentence structure) page 70 to 82. All the codes work. 69 and before, they do not.

And I got my $20 code and my Halo 4 theme as well.

I'll trade my $20 for a $30 if anyone isn't using theirs :p

krae_man

Aww yeah!! How did you guys signed up for it: via forum or via perks section?

It was a thread in the forum. So far only about 20 people have RSVP'd by my count. That number might shrink after the Misters being very strict on no shows.

You and Zorbsie might wanna RSVP in the thread ahead to be safe.

ok i got my $20off Halo code but I'm going to hold off in case I can get a $30off code from a LV30. If i get one I'll gladly give away this code to the tsilon.ca/canadian deals thread.

iphys gave me a code thx! so now my $20off code is up for grabs.

code taken

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Cinema Now is finally available in Canada on PS3.

Finally we can start watching our free movies in HD.
I gave away every single one of my coupons ($100 worth in total?) because I didn't care about it and I don't regret it one bit.

what's with that halo4 theme? all it really looks like is a simple wallpaper. kinda lame for MS to be charging for these "Premium Themes" when all it changes is the background.

Top Bottom