• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turok 1 & 2 re-releasing on PC; Dinosaurs coming to Steam, GOG, etc.

Bydobob

Oh wow, I have such wonderful memories of the first game. Something about the weapons and atmosphere really got the juices flowing. Second game was a mixed bag, but suffered greatly from a dreadful framerate (on N64 at least), This re-release should make it easier to like.

Eila

PC versions ran 60 fps, and Turok 2 had much less fog than the N64 version. Turok 2 also had online multiplayer (via Gamespy, so it's dead now) but nobody was playing it when I tried it.

ArjanN

Neat, but honestly when I went back and played them again I felt these games hadn't held up well at all, and that was already years ago.

jahepi

I remember playing Turok 1 & 2 a lot on my lovely N64, There was a cheat code on Turok 2 that let you select the mission to start from the single player campaign but it was possible to trick the system using the same code while you were on the multiplayer mode and play the single player campaign maps in cooperative mode with your friends but it had a lot of bugs, it was so fun!

I am going to get the remastered versions when they come out for sure.

Karu

Played Turok: Rage Wars to death with my friends back in the day. Replayed it a few years later in the mid-2000s and oh.my.god the N64 FPS controls must have been the most hrrible controls I've ever experienced. Adding the fucked up controllers, it wasn't a pleasent re-visit, at all.

Slappers Only

I loved these games so much back then. Huge environments, tons of dinos to light up, and that soundtrack doesn't mess around.

Simpler times for gaming.

Never was a fan of 2, but the first game was quite something back then. Amazing graphics and music and the weapons were so flashy! I will probably not be able to resist.

Holy shit, fantastic news! LOOK AT MY USER NAME! Couldn't be happier.

Hopefully we'll be able to play with a decent framerate and without all that fog. Turok is one of the best shooters of all time, IMHO.

watchdog

Remembering the cerebral bore makes me realize just how wonderfully absurd it is. It's not enough that this thing bores into your skull and brain but it has to explode as a last way of saying "fuck you!"

naitosan

Man I'd love to see them on XB1/PS4. I remember my parents surprised me by handing me a copy of Turok for n64. That thing cost $79.99! I spend so many hours on it. I was like, wow this is way better than any fps games at that time.

A patent can fairly reliably be said to have run out 17 years after the release of a device. It's easily been that since the N64 came out. I suspect that these are emulated. Possibly with some interesting emulator bits to allow mouse+keyboard.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
A patent can fairly reliably be said to have run out 17 years after the release of a device. It's easily been that since the N64 came out. I suspect that these are emulated. Possibly with some interesting emulator bits to allow mouse+keyboard.

These are the PC Versions of the games, nothing emulated here.

Wow, this could really interest me, if they fix the "problems" I had with them on PC.

- Regarding the first Turok, they probably will add a slider for fog. I don't even remember if this could be changed for the PC version, but I replayed it two years ago and it was still sucky

- And with Seeds of Evil... This was my Turok game for me, but it's one of those FPS that give me Motion Sickness which really sucks. You want to play, your body does not.

games are awesome recently played them and still fun for me, wooooooo

turok has aged much better than goldeneye for me

shadowman is on steam too, there is talk of a shadowman sequel next year tying in with the comic etc.

this at 60fps please

get
WAIT, a new Shadowman? OMG <3
The Cerebral Bore is the best weapon ever <3

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
you guys have to try this game on the n64.

this game aged so bad it makes your grand grand ma wearing beats next to it look FRESH

SparkTR

you guys have to try this game on the n64.

this game aged so bad it makes your grand grand ma wearing beats next to it look FRESH

Pretty much everything bad about these games was made one hundred times worse playing the N64 versions these days.

Assanova

I am getting these on Day 1. Turok has to be one of the few games that I beat multiple times because I loved it so much. I wish more games would take a risk and do something in a different setting.

Ushay

I really loved these games in the old days, would love it if they rebooted the series instead. Along with Soul Reaver. Boy those were good times..

And that Cerebral Bore, what a nasty as fuck weapon.

Krejlooc

Banned
Took long enough for those Nintendo exclusivity rights to expire!

Seriously though, this is pretty cool.

These games were never nintendo exclusive. They were on PC when they first released. In fact, the PC version of Turok 2 blows the N64 version away.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
WAIT, a new Shadowman? OMG <3
The Cerebral Bore is the best weapon ever <3

well it wernt 100% but was mentioned about new comics etc getting a new game, this was all mentioned when they put shadowman on steam few years ago i cant find the related news for this currently but was defo said around time

basically the guys at valiant who do the shadowman comics are trying to get enough interest for a reboot based on the new comics they do. but their hasnt been much said about it recently

http://shadowman.freeforums.org/official-shadow-man-games-from-valiant-t6.html

Valiant are currently looking to work with a publisher / developer to create a new range of Shadow Man games featuring the characters from the recently rebooted (volume 4), comic series.

As of yet no further details or facts have been released.

this was back in 2013 though so could be dead.

LCGeek

formerly sane
I've always wanted to redo 2 without n64 bluriness. Some of the gameplay in the series was pretty awesome.

SparkTR

Very nice. May we see Rage Wars and Shadow of Oblivion sometime in the future?

Not unless they get the source code and port it to PC etc. Which could be possible considering Kaiser ported Doom 64 and Powerslave from the N64/PS1 to the PC.

baconcow

Turok 2 Seeds of Evil was one of my favourite N64 games. Poor framerate and control solutions held it back. I cannot wait to play this with the Xbox One controller on PC!

Top Bottom