• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Shows: Renewed, Axed, Picked Up + News

sol_bad

What is with Netflix canceling shows after 4-5 seasons if they are popular. I don't get it. Especially when the creators feel they have more to offer.
grrrrrrr

Nightrunner

What is with Netflix canceling shows after 4-5 seasons if they are popular. I don't get it. Especially when the creators feel they have more to offer.
grrrrrrr
That's because they wanna cut down on spending after S3 as their data shows them the increase in the number of viewers after that is not significant. They're all about bringing in new viewers. Heck the creator of Dragon Prince (a cartoon) called them out on it and said he hopes that the execs learn to see past the data and realize the best shows are the ones that gained steam later.

sol_bad

That's because they wanna cut down on spending after S3 as their data shows them the increase in the number of viewers after that is not significant. They're all about bringing in new viewers. Heck the creator of Dragon Prince (a cartoon) called them out on it and said he hopes that the execs learn to see past the data and realize the best shows are the ones that gained steam later.

If they aren't careful, this attitude will draw people away from the service, not draw them in.
From what I understand, Dark Crystal is a pretty darn expensive show and if they cut it pre-preemptively I'll be really annoyed.
Stranger Things having it's 4th season as it's last has me worried as it doesn't even feel like it's been building to a climax. It feels more like season 1-3 were act 1 and now the next season is the start of act 2 if anything.

Nightrunner

If they aren't careful, this attitude will draw people away from the service, not draw them in.
From what I understand, Dark Crystal is a pretty darn expensive show and if they cut it pre-preemptively I'll be really annoyed.
Stranger Things having it's 4th season as it's last has me worried as it doesn't even feel like it's been building to a climax. It feels more like season 1-3 were act 1 and now the next season is the start of act 2 if anything.
Same reason I cancelled mine and only subscribe for the odd month or so when they have something I wanna watch. They need to stop being so cancel happy and producing so much mediocre stuff.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
I’m still sad the Mick got cancelled last year. That show was legit funny at times and the characters were growing on me in the second season, even ratface Chip.

Extremely disappointed as well. Reminded me of Always Sunny in Philadelphia which I adore. Bummed about Man Seeking Woman too that show was hilarious.

xrnzaaas

A lot of new Netflix shows have been especially bad this year. I'm glad Daybreak is getting cancelled. They really need to get their shit together and focus a lot more on quality instead of quantity.

Bullet Club

Seeing Helen Hunt's face...

cdreK0v.gif

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Sisters has one of the shittiest fictional characters to ever exist. Edie. The fact she gets so many chances to fuck up and that her cuck husband didn't just tell her to fuck off is so shit. Are Australian tv shows always this shit?

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
You (netflix) is so bad. It is like watching an extended It is always sunny dennis episode. But at the same time it is so cringe and I have to watch 3 more episodes.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
My god netflix stop making all your leads gay. Can you have one fucking show without a psychic being a closet lesbian and make it more about a person being more than that?

DISREGARD IT IS AN ADAPTATION AND IS NOT TRUE TO ITS SOURCE

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I knew we Americans had an addiction to cop/fireman/ambulance/medical dramas but damn. That’s a lot more than I care to ever watch. Looking at the lists and everything I’ve yet to see a show that interests me. I’ve actually gotten into watching more anime because I’m getting so exhausted of us making the same thing over and over again. At least Japan tries spicing things up a bit.

Top Bottom