• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal announced [S-CONF]

mello

m

4703875449_85bc3d02f1.jpg

Tokubetsu

First bit of footage looked like shit. Second game mode looks a bit better but as much as I love TM, gonna be cautious with this one.

Greg

Never a big TM fan, but that looked ace.

Even considering how far off it is, it's so damn nice to see a developer go for performance. Everything looked extremely smooth on the stream, so I can only imagine how smooth it plays.

antiloop

Tokubetsu said:
First bit of footage looked like shit. Second game mode looks a bit better but as much as I love TM, gonna be cautious with this one.

First part reminded me about TM1.

It's just as fast and crazy. ;)

Yoboman

Looked unreal at points, and at other points there were some bizarre missing animations and disappearing buildings. Rough around the edges but I love the direction. I want pics!

dralla

Jaffe was just on gamespot live talking about it, showed some new footage. he said the map was "suburbs". I wonder if it's the one from TMB

Twisted Metal was definitely the highlight of an otherwise unremarkable showing from Sony.

I'm concerned about the stage design though. Twisted Metal 2 was great because of the incredible stage design and multiple levels of game play on stages like New York.

Definitely glad to see the jumping being used in a TM2 style.

I'm just worried this new stage, or stages will be too big. Depending on how many players there are per game. Twisted Metal Black had completely unremarkable stages and the game just sucked compared to TM2, even Jaffe admits this in the TM: Head On extras.

Interested in how the aircraft will be balanced. Only being able to shoot them with a sniper weapon seems a bit shit.

There also seemd to be a little bit of Interstate '76 action with the directly attacking the drivers bit.

Here's to hoping their recognition of what made TMB such shit can be balanced with what made TM2 so great and the end result will be amazing.

Concept17

Ugh...damn 500s!

Anyway... FUCK YES YES YES

All I wanted this E3 was twisted metal and I would have been happy. I figured they were either doing a reboot or spiritual successor and hoping the game would be largely focused around online competitive play.

This is exactly what I wanted. So fucking pumped right now.:D :D :D :D :D

Danielsan

The Take Out Bandit said:
Twisted Metal was definitely the highlight of an otherwise unremarkable showing from Sony.

I'm concerned about the stage design though. Twisted Metal 2 was great because of the incredible stage design and multiple levels of game play on stages like New York.

Definitely glad to see the jumping being used in a TM2 style.

I'm just worried this new stage, or stages will be too big. Depending on how many players there are per game. Twisted Metal Black had completely unremarkable stages and the game just sucked compared to TM2, even Jaffe admits this in the TM: Head On extras.

Interested in how the aircraft will be balanced. Only being able to shoot them with a sniper weapon seems a bit shit.

There also seemd to be a little bit of Interstate '76 action with the directly attacking the drivers bit.

Here's to hoping their recognition of what made TMB such shit can be balanced with what made TM2 so great and the end result will be amazing.
How about no.
TMB is easily the finest game in the series.

LiK

NeoUltima said:
Clearly a work in progress. Graphics are crap at the moment. But damn it looks fun :D

yea, they have a lot of time to polish up the graphics. in Jaffe we trust :3

Danielsan said:
How about no.

How about talk to the hand.

When the developer of the game admits it wasn't as good as TM2, do you really believe some random message board poster can change that? :lol

StuBurns said:
I thought the graphics were fine. It looked 'releaseable' to me.
Breaking objects needed work. I think a few things just disappeared when broken.

Visually it looked and ran solid though. Maybe some bells and whistles to add.

mujun

Graphics look decent.

Game on the other hand looks really really good. Loved Twisted Metal back in the day (pretty much all of them) and this looks fun as hell and something I'd play online.

Hope they give us some info on when to expect it.

LQX

You know besides GAF I have never seen much clammer for a new Twisted Metal and the way the unveiled it you would think its been highly anticipated or something. Looked good though. I love destroying crap in cities.

Foil

Great surprise. Visually not so hot right now, but it's Twisted Metal and they have plenty of time to polish things up. Maybe single player looks better? The scope seems really well done.

Danielsan said:
How about no.

I'd agree. Hard to say which one was the best since many people have different opinions. I love TM2, but I enjoyed TMB more overall. Black had the best music, art style, vibe, online, and overall design. Gameplay/balance wise there were some issues but it's still my favorite game in the series. Still love the first game as well. I miss the cockpit views the original had. Bullet holes in the front window, themed interiors, etc.

When the developer of the game admits it wasn't as good as TM2, do you really believe some random message board poster can change that? :lol

Some people liked Black better, big deal. If you liked TM2 the best that's fine. They're both great games.

LiK

LQX said:
You know besides GAF I have never seen much clammer for a new Twisted Metal and the way the unveiled it you would think its been highly anticipated or something. Looked good though. I love destroying crap in cities.

kinda glad the audience was hyped for it, unlike MAG from last year :lol

Alex

Lots of people like Twisted Metal, guy, all of the old games sold very highly.

Looks like TM: Black + Warhawk + Crazy

Jaffe didn't say Black was shit either so how about you cut it with your hyperbole ?

Black had the best gameplay, TM2 had the best levels. Combine the two add in some new weapons and modes, local and online multiplayer and you got yourself what is going to be probably one of the best games this gen.

God this game looks so horrible. Just as Jaffe was pimping it on G4, they focused on a motorclown tooling around and it looked like a damn Dreamcast game with how unconnected the player is to the environment.

ZoddGutts

Looks great. My worry is that the level maps may be a bit too big just for 16 players, they gotta increase the 16 online player count for those big map size.

Alex

I think Black was the best all around. I always thought TM2 was kind of overrated. I really love the wide open/destruction heavy/hazard heavy levels of black, and they were a joy to play through in co-op.

wallbc01

Neo Member
just rewatched the gameplay footage on gametrailers and am really liking the way this game looks. cant wait to play this game and hope they have a beta before hand to iron out any problems and get feedback.

Top Bottom