• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal Demo Impressions

RagnarokX

Game is awesome. Soundtrack is reminding me of Twisted Metal 3, though. That's not a good thing. I'll have to make a TM2 custom soundtrack or something.

shuri

Banned
Terrible gameplay, terrible controls; some of the graphical effects are nice; the framerate is smooth but it really CAN'T save how terrible the gameplay is. I don't understand why people said the AI was super hard, it was rather normal for me.

A game like this has no place in 2012. IT honestly feels like a cheap 10$ downloadable title

Sophia

Game is awesome. Soundtrack is reminding me of Twisted Metal 3, though. That's not a good thing. I'll have to make a TM2 custom soundtrack or something.

The soundtrack was about the only good thing to Twisted Metal 3!

Terrible gameplay, terrible controls; some of the graphical effects are nice; the framerate is smooth but it really CAN'T save how terrible the gameplay is. I don't understand why people said the AI was super hard, it was rather normal for me.

A game like this has no place in 2012. IT honestly feels like a cheap 10$ downloadable title

What is this nonsense?!

chifanpoe

.... :(

I like it.

SykoTech

Can't quite win a Deathmatch. The last 2 or 3 guys always jump me when my health's low. Guess I could try to be strategic, but I just love getting into big firefights.

Great stuff.

Wow, to each their own I guess...

M.W.

I don't pay attention to Snooki.

I dont remember Black being this difficult. I dont care though cause its fun as hell. Gotta love having Crimson Fury back from the good ol days.

BurningNad

Death Warrant and Talon are fuck awesome. Outlaw is cool too. I'm going to try not to play the demo much as I still want it to be fresh once the game comes out... But man, that's gonna be tough to resist the urge to play. I can't wait for parties to be enabled.

ElRenoRaven

Death Warrant and Talon are fuck awesome. Outlaw is cool too. I'm going to try not to play the demo much as I still want it to be fresh once the game comes out... But man, that's gonna be tough to resist the urge to play. I can't wait for parties to be enabled.

I know the feeling. I keep telling myself just one more then a break and bam I keep playing. The only things helping me take breaks right now are the sudden lose of connection to the servers. If it weren't for those I don't think I could pull myself away to take breaks.

jesus fucking christ

Wow, this is awesome! I just got done with the training mode and I have a big smile on my face. Brings back so many memories of Twisted Metal. I will be getting this day one. :-D

Dude this game is the sickness. First off it feels great to reunite with my beloved Darkside (How I have missed you so). Second off the detail is incredible in this game. The most minor things you wouldn't think about till you actually witness it. For example..

When using the sniper weapon if you move your car too much your gun man will say something. Like I was using the Dollface drivers and the chick gunner would say ''damnit!'' if I moved the car too much.

Another example that made me LOLOLOLOLOL. Was when I was attacking meat wagon. I used the freeze weapon to hold it in its places and I used my turbo charge to get close up to get a point blank shot the shotgun gun. And the Dollface gunner said ''Point Blank mother fucker!!''

I was laughing so hard. This game is so incredible. BRING IT ON JAFFE! WOOT!

ahhh yea i love details like that! i'm glad they had enough dev time to add that stuff. seems like it's a polished game with lots of love put into it - my kinda game.

couldn't find the demo on EU PSN yet and my US account tells me my password needs to be changed and i can't remember the old one. fuck. :(((

contrarian much? or genuine opinion? how exactly is the gameplay and controls "terrible", as in not even ok?

Mxrz

That song is in the game?! JAFFE has done it. Twisted Metal GOTY AND GOATY all in one year.

'I can't drive 55' is in too. Major love for this soundtrack. And I see what people mean, the ai doesn't fuck around. You guys acting like its easy are full of it.

I switched to racing controls mid game, and then had no idea what I was doing. I wouldn't mind custom controls (Break on R1 is ugg) but maybe there's a weird buttom combos that mess up with full customization.

ElRenoRaven

Anybody having trouble connecting online?

Yup. servers are really fubar now. I was kicked mid game. Then couldn't connect. Then I could but got the errors. Then got kicked completely from the servers again. Maybe they're really getting nailed now or fixing them. Either way I really should take a break now because goddamn I just realized it's almost 9 o'clock. I've been playing for about 4 hours straight since the last time I logged in. I really lost track of time.

Amagon

Servers are down.

o4mV3l.jpg

Mxrz

Picking the Reaper makes you like public enemy #1 it seems. Think everyone was chasing me at one point.

Ardenyal

I dont remember Black being this difficult. I dont care though cause its fun as hell. Gotta love having Crimson Fury back from the good ol days.

Once you get the hang of the tools you have at your disposal the game becomes a lot easier. Shaking AI off your ass by just driving around and swerving is almost impossible but if you dump mine after mine (left on D-pad) they will leave you alone quite easily.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
A game like this has no place in 2012.

This is such an incredibly stupid quote that I'm still having trouble responding to it.

There has not been anything like this in quite some time. I'm glad we get diversity like this, and the demo was fantastic. To say that this game has no place in 2012...what does that even mean? What games should be here in 2012?

You're the kind of person that stifles originality in games. Ugh.

Anyways, I was never a Twisted Metal fan, and the first few cars I tried I was annihilated. Chose Outlaw and I got a much better feel for strategy, and now it's a blast to play. Online was a ton of fun but sadly dropped out and I haven't been able to connect since my first round. Definitely getting this day one.

Yup. servers are really fubar now. I was kicked mid game. Then couldn't connect. Then I could but got the errors. Then got kicked completely from the servers again. Maybe they're really getting nailed now or fixing them. Either way I really should take a break now because goddamn I just realized it's almost 9 o'clock. I've been playing for about 4 hours straight since the last time I logged in. I really lost track of time.

At first i couldn't connect at all. Then it finally went through but now it can't connect to a game.

Played the single player challenge. Really fun game but the AI is brutal. Or maby im just bad.

This is such an incredibly stupid quote that I'm still having trouble responding to it.

There has not been anything like this in quite some time. I'm glad we get diversity like this, and the demo was fantastic. To say that this game has no place in 2012...what does that even mean? What games should be here in 2012?

You're the kind of person that stifles originality in games. Ugh.

Anyways, I was never a Twisted Metal fan, and the first few cars I tried I was annihilated. Chose Outlaw and I got a much better feel for strategy, and now it's a blast to play. Online was a ton of fun but sadly dropped out and I haven't been able to connect since my first round. Definitely getting this day one.

He wants to keep playing call of duty.

GAMERZ YO!

Mikey Jr.

I know a lot of people are having connection problems, but some people arent. The people that are getting in. What sorcery do you use?

Quikies83

Cars handle just as I remembered - love it. Okay, so top shoulder buttons select your weapon, [ ] is gas (double tap for turbo), X and O are brakes?, /\ is ?, Rtrigger is fire, Ltrigger is ?.. I can't find a button display, obviously..
What am I missing and how do I reverse??

prwxv3

I mean, he's free to hate the game, sure. But to say it has no place in gaming today? Holy cow that makes me angry.

Its the same as the people that don't want story focused games being made. I can see why someone would not like them but there are plenty of games that focus just on gameplay and nothing else. many people like story focused games.

Edgeward

Demo dling so slow today for me, psn in general is real slow. Looks like I'll have to wait til tomorrow to play it.

Rattles

Nice touches in certain buildings the music cuts out and you can hear dialog to a movie in the movie theatres, And a checkout guy talking about todays specials in the grocery store. Couldn't hear exactly what they were saying though still had 1 ai car chasing me.

Ardenyal

Cars handle just as I remembered - love it. Okay, so top shoulder buttons select your weapon, [ ] is gas (double tap for turbo), X and O are brakes?, /\ is ?, Rtrigger is fire, Ltrigger is ?.. I can't find a button display, obviously..

You can check the control layout if you go to the options in the main menu, some character specific stuff there too.

lol thanks snooki

evolution

I suggest doing the training mode.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

zMR5W.gif

dab0ne

Downloading now. I live in England so the times are all messed up when stuff gets put on my American PS3. From what I hear this game is hectic so I will play the bots to get a better feel for the controls. When I'm done hiding I will come out and join the rest of you.

Top Bottom