• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch launches Power Rangers Marathon starting Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

cordy

Banned
Dude said to lower their blasters down but then said "he's not Carlos anymore" like what are you doing man which is it lmao

Sorry man, but I never really liked Lightspeed Rescue. Hated the costumes, didn't really like the plot setup, the Rangers or their Zords either. A very "mehhhhhhhhhh" season.

I don't remember really caring for Lightspeed, but I did like the concept of the Rangers identity being known to the public, and their powers being created by humans, instead of by mythological beings this time around.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. I think it gets better in the second half especially with that Phantom Ranger arc, but it does often suffer from writers who wanted to approach the show in different ways, so it can get fairly lackluster at times.

I think that the second half with the new cast is damn good. What brings it down a notch, is the very obvious "funny" designs for the monsters of the week, and Divatox shifting from a damn good villain, to a lesser albeit funnier one.

Still Space has the great cast from Turbo minus Justin, Astronema > Divatox, and the monsters all look fine. So...ain't no contest.

Someone somewhere really enjoyed watching them strap Cassie down.

I like that they're trying different camera angles. The ship set is gorgeous.

Morpheus-Come-at-me-Bro-gif.gif

giphy.gif

I think that the second half with the new cast is damn good. What brings it down a notch, is the very obvious "funny" designs for the monsters of the week, and Divatox shifting from a damn good villain, to a lesser albeit funnier one.

Still Space has the great cast from Turbo minus Justin, Astronema > Divatox, and the monsters all look fine. So...ain't no contest.

To a lesser extent, that's pretty much how I feel.

Astronema is also a better villain, based solely on the fact she didn't put up with Elgar's shit.

NeonZ

It's sad that "Space" never became a part of the Power Rangers cycle like dinos, animals, and ninjas.

The main issue is that it wasn't a Sentai theme. The Sentai season used for Space had a generic "tech" theme, and just happened to tie the main robot to space.

The first actual space Super Sentai is running right now though, so if it's successful it could become a recurring theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom