• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Emerald: Right A Down, Right A Down

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
Finally a perfect sweep on Sidney! About fucking time chat.

Annie's going to zoom past Tenta in levels soon. I wish Doge and Cabbage could level up, they might actually be handy if they could get to 60ish. 5'7 is just useless.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Finally a perfect sweep on Sidney! About fucking time chat.

Annie's going to zoom past Tenta in levels soon. I wish Doge and Cabbage could level up, they might actually be handy if they could get to 60ish. 5'7 is just useless.

Not the first time today actually. But yeah, Annie can sweep Sidney quite easily lately, AS LONG AS SHE DOESN'T GET SHIFTED OUT D:

Crayolan

u2vrV6I.png

I really want us to beat this before the 2nd time limit expires. I don't have a Reddit account, so it'd be nice if someone who does could upload it there. That seems to be where operations are actually put into motion from.

I can't tell if all the democracy battling right now is due to bots or if that many people are just sick of anarchy failing. Either way, I want us to win this battle the right way.

Edit: It's definitely bots.

I hate bots

They really need to find a way to ban them. They're completely ruining the game. I don't care if there are trolls or not as long as they have to actively put in the commands.

Edit: Once they have to change commands, we'll switch back I'm sure. Crunch is almost out of PP.

Crayolan

It's funny, cause y'know, if we were just going to resort to democracy for battling we could have won this about 3-4 days ago. But nah, who cares about throwing away all that training time?

PBalfredo

While I don't like bots, battling in democracy is the kind of trolling I can get behind. It isn't counterproductive to the run, but it makes anarchist SO SALTY.

I really don't think this is the run anyway. Even if we'd done this in anarchy, things are going far too well right now for this luck to continue. Regardless, democracy will end very soon.

Edit: This feels like using the Super Guide in the NSMB series. We're seeing how awesome we could be if we were coordinated, but we won't get that in practice.

While I don't like bots, battling in democracy is some trolling I can get behind. It isn't counterproductive to the run, but it makes anarchist SO SALTY.

If RedShift was still around, I would be cool just seeing the reaction.

\Still, somewhat disappointing. Even Crystal, the democracy run, never did this

I don't get why the input time for democracy is so long, 10 seconds per command would be more than enough.

It's because there is up to 30 seconds of lag for most people, so it allows for people to think ahead more easily.

Edit: Well crap. I guess they really are going to do this whole run. I hope the streamer steps in here.

Cbajd5

It's because there is up to 30 seconds of lag for most people, so it allows for people to think ahead more easily.

They already have to work around the lag constantly with anarchy, so I don't see why it has to be so long for a problem it doesn't really fix.

I wsh things like a9 were still around. At least that made things quicker

I saw an AAA input before in the rankings, so I think there is even if the input method is different. But if it is really bots then it's not going to be something they do since the bots work better doing what most people not voting for anarchy do, and most people are still entering just A regardless.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I never thought I'd say this, but I hope this isn't the run.

TheOGB

Banned
I don't even have the chat open anymore, but just watching, yeah this is malarkey. Helpful and kinda funny malarkey, but malarkey all the same.

PBalfredo

I never thought I'd say this, but I hope this isn't the run.

Oh, I hope this is the run. That would be the best.

The

Best.

Especially if we beat all of the rest in anarchy, but that's not good enough. It's tainted because Democracy beat Pheobe. Wah wah wah.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
We're using democracy during battles. I thought this was the one place even the most democratic of Democrats would never go, but hey. Some have no honour.

PBalfredo

It would only be better if democracy was used to beat Sidney, the most gimmie of gimmie E4 trainers at this point that would have been A spammed to victory regardless, but would still make anarchists MAX SALT.

Make up for efficient democracy in the E4 runs. Yes.Good job chat. Keep it up. Keep shuffling around Dusclops.

7bF9seJ.png

And in response to those saying we should start 2 games at once
3eWt0Tw.png

Cbajd5

Agreed. Though if we lose after anarchy takes over, it'll just add more fuel to the democracy fire.

It really shouldn't, it's clear this can be done in anarchy and I'm normally okay with democracy.

If they have to use democracy for anything, use it to do everything that needs to be done to teach M4 Blizzard. (Travel to Lillycove, Move Delete Rock Smash, buy Blizzard from Dept Store, Teach, travel pack to Elite Four)

Mostly because I hate Flygon.

Crayolan

Oh, I hope this is the run. That would be the best.

The

Best.

Especially if we beat all of the rest in anarchy, but that's not good enough. It's tainted because Democracy beat Pheobe. Wah wah wah.

Democracy cleared the 2nd biggest obstacle. Pheobe decides runs, so yes, it's kind of a big deal. I'd say we're gonna win this round just cause my luck, but I'm fairly confident 20% of all commands now will be right/down to purposely sabotage this attempt. This is worse than buying potions in demo.

PBalfredo

Democracy cleared the 2nd biggest obstacle. Pheobe decides runs, so yes, it's kind of a big deal. I'd say we're gonna win this round just cause my luck, but I'm fairly confident 20% of all commands now will be right/down to purposely sabotage this attempt. This is worse than buying potions in demo.

Yes, juvenile self-destructive anarchist purists are the worst.

TheOGB

Banned
It would only be better if democracy was used to beat Sidney. The most gimmie of gimmie E4 at this point that would have been A spammed to victory regardless, but would still make anarchists MAX SALT.
That would be like an older brother watching us fail all these tries and then deciding to take over at the one part we had down to a science just because he's bored

As the youngest of 3, that would make ME hella salty :V

Yes, self-destructive anarchist purists are the worst.
This is that shit I don't like though. Like jfc, get over it and let's move on

Ironjam

It really shouldn't, it's clear this can be done in anarchy and I'm normally okay with democracy.

If they have to use democracy for anything, use it to do everything that needs to be done to teach M4 Blizzard. (Travel to Lillycove, Move Delete Rock Smash, buy Blizzard from Dept Store, Teach, travel pack to Elite Four)

Mostly because I hate Flygon.

Rest would be better than blizzard though. We already have the TM and it would pretty much allow M4 to regain all his hp.

I'm pretty sure you won't need to troll for this run to fail. However, the more I see, the more I think vileplume's sleep powder is really, really useful. Aside from those times where we have awful luck and it only lasts one turn, we can set ourselves up for a full petal dance if we land it.

Top Bottom