• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays.. Pokemon X?!

belushy

Banned
I wonder how much money the guy/girl made. Wasn't it averaging 60,000 viewers for hours straight during the first game?

Crayolan

For anyone curious:

1. The stream is being run through the same TPP channel, but not by the same person. The streamer this time is Dekunukem, the same guy who has made multiple automatic shiny-pokemon finders for pokemon XY and an auto-breeding tool too. He's very technically savvy, to say the least.

2. Touch and Circle Pad are enabled. Wi-fi is possible, but has not been confirmed. Dekunukem has said he would like to implement Wi-fi into the run however.

3. There are also plans to play Omega Ruby at launch.

4. Nintendo could shut this down, but if they were going to I think they would have done it long ago. We've already played every game from Red to Black 2 at this point. We even managed to finish Pokemon Conquest during one of the intermissions (in full democracy).

CkWconN.png

...they have touch !

...HOOOOWWWWW ?????

We've been using a coordinate system to touch specific spots on the bottom DS screen since Platinum.

Regiruler

They're playing a legitimate copy of the game, and it's not like it's piracy to play it this way. This has less of a chance of being shut down than the previous ones.

XaeonBE

Jup yesterday they were playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf and I was like o dear Pokémon X seriously...

Though the stream is only about 600 users atm... (I mean yesterday)

rekameohs

Banned
The previous runs weren't "piracy" either.

Yeah they were. Playing ROMs on emulators is very much piracy, even if you own the original game. There's a misconception that owning the original cart somehow absolves you, but that's wrong. It's just not policed really at all.

gngf123

Yeah they were. Playing ROMs on emulators is very much piracy, even if you own the original game. There's a misconception that owning the original cart somehow absolves you, but that's wrong. It's just not policed really at all.

Emulators themselves are perfectly legal. The illegal part is downloading ROMs, regardless of if you own them or not.

However, if you rip them yourself, in many countries that is perfectly legal. In some places it's not, but not many in the west (it sadly is still illegal in the UK, although I believe there is an act coming in soon changing this). That is exactly what they did.

solarus

Wow, I thought they would stop after the ds games. Didn't think they'd be able to do 3ds since there are no emulators for it.

FSLink

Banned
We've been using a coordinate system to touch specific spots on the bottom DS screen since Platinum.
I think most of us are aware of that. They were wondering how they programmed a 3DS to receive the coordinates. Emulation and writing a tool to read IRC chat and click on an emulator is tons easier in comparison.

Top Bottom