• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Source Code Leaked including Creator payout reports

caffeware

Banned

Entirety of twitch.tv, with commit history going back to its early beginnings
Mobile, desktop and video game console Twitch clients
Various proprietary SDKs and internal AWS services used by Twitch
Every other property that Twitch owns including IGDB and CurseForge
An unreleased Steam competitor from Amazon Game Studios
Twitch SOC internal red teaming tools

Some streamer payouts from this September:

m0xyy: $7,998
hasanabi: $210,946
Destiny: $10,606
Jinnytty: $28,269
Otzdarva: $61,484
jerma985: $66,398
Forsen: $32,567
xQc: $752,467
avoidingthepuddle: $28,177
b4nny: $2,639
Vinesauce: $11,205
quin69: $31,437
Cohhcarnage: $66,642
nl_kripp: $43,177 on September
Amouranth: $92,949
Pokimane: $38,217
moistcr1tikal: $117,959
loud_coringa: $57,105

Mikotoxi: $419
Ludwig: $114,257
clintstevens: $15,956
Tobiasfate: $41,040
RichwCampbell: $113,144
pestily: $105,107
shroud: $96,359
sykkuno: $113,896
videogamedunkey: $0
mizkif:$120,177
loltyler1: $213,372
summit1g: $362,987
esfandtv: $37,802
tectone: $32,383
mistermv: $25,469
Vargskelethor: $7,666
nyanners: $30,075
Tomato: $24,170
smoke: $26,480
Yogscast: $16,066
Hat Films: $5,211
sips_: $13.327

TOP 10,000 EARNERS (total earnings since August 2019)
CriticalRole
$37,362,492.19

Asmongold
$19,552,642.16

shroud
$17,965,684.43

ESL_CSGO
$17,831,352.96

MontanaBlack88
$17,689,757.56

xQcOW
$14,477,417.12

NICKMERCS
$12,657,974.52

AdmiralBahroo
$12,000,563.08

Tfue
$11,552,799.59

MOONMOON
$10,752,294.04

Username, ID, Gross Earning

FIXED VERSION:

Last edited:

McCheese

Money is on par with B list TV personalities, not sure if I was expecting lower or higher.

Can you see the original commits from Justin.tv Justin? Wonder how long until folks find problematic commit messages and boycot the site

RoadHazard

Gold Member
People are making some money... Except Dunkey, apparently. $0?

What do the numbers in the pastebin mean? Like:

101 GrandPOObear 53831996 3001735.47

Surely those are not dollars? I can't imagine GPB has made $53M, if that first number is total earnings or whatever.

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
I knew the most popular Streamers are millionaires, but I was thinking about like 2-4M, turns out it's way more than that... Wonder where all that money comes from? Subs, ads, donations? All combined?

Last edited:

Fools idol

Banned
if you told me in like 2001 at the peak of CS 1.6 competetive play that I could potentially earn $10k a month let alone $100k a month I would have laughed so hard my head fell off and called you a dirty liar

EDMIX

Wait, that last list you posted...is that suggesting that Asmongold has made a total of 26 million on Twitch alone? If that is true, sweet lord have mercy.

lol

if true, thats fucking wild. Thats why I keep telling some of you to give that OnlyFans gaming thing a shot, who knows...coming in on the ground floor could have massive benefits, look at all those fucking Tik Tok stars lol Not everyday someone can show up at the start of a platform and those on Twitch that have been on the platform from the start are making bank.

Just a thought.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
I wonder what the simps that hand their welfare to these people think about those numbers. Years ago when I still watched some twitch most streamers were being modest to keep the simp money coming. Cant pretend to live from paycheck to paycheck any more now.

Last edited:

Fare thee well

Neophyte
They ain't paying my boy asmon enough. He can barely help his mom, but with 20 mill I imagine you could hire a private nurse 24 hours a day. 😄

Twitch must take, what, 70%? 90%?

Star-Lord

I get the sentiment, but they're getting paid for entertaining tens of thousands of people. It is what it is.
Clearly it’s not that simple lol

Being able to entertain a mass amount of people will always be very lucrative.

You are still essentially sat on your ass doing nothing. Fair enough, you have to maybe spend five minutes putting up fancy graphics and you talk throughout the stream, but it’s hardly taxing.

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
You are still essentially sat on your ass doing nothing. Fair enough, you have to maybe spend five minutes putting up fancy graphics and you talk throughout the stream, but it’s hardly taxing.

You need to be "entertaining" and be able to win over the hearts of simps mainly (and have a lot of luck). Look at these numbers, that is of course ridiculous. But people get rich with stupid shit, nothing new there.

Last edited:

TheDreadLord

Gold Member
Good for them I guess. Still, this is completely crazy. 0 productive capital. The worst of wall is that some of these still ask for more money outside Twitch and there are dumb enough people that fall for their arguments.

It also must feel quite bad to work for Twitch (probably doing overtime) programming or whatever to earn not even 1% of what a dumbass playing for a couple of hours.

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Good for them I guess. Still, this is completely crazy. 0 productive capital. The worst of wall is that some of these still ask for more money outside Twitch and there are dumb enough people that fall for their arguments.

When you make a lot of money, why not make even more money! I don't hate the player, I hate the simps. How can you donate your hard earned money to these people when they make these numbers, what's wrong with you then?

SJRB

Gold Member
Great representation of how utterly fucked humanity is when we are economically rewarding people playing videogames and screaming more than we fund scientists doing research on how we can save ourselves from ourselves.

A lot of "old man yells at clouds" vibes in this post.

You also say this about Hollywood actors, tv show hosts, youtube channels, athletes, etc?

When have scientists ever been more rewarded for their contributions than people in the entertainment industry?

Wildebeest

If you are an attractive 15-year-old girl they say you can make $3 million a month lip-synching to bad pop songs. (on TikTok)

Last edited:
Great representation of how utterly fucked humanity is when we are economically rewarding people playing videogames and screaming more than we fund scientists doing research on how we can save ourselves from ourselves.

It’s literally just a form of entertainment. Most people who watch/pay for a sub probably pay less per hour of viewing than normal people do for their netflix subscription each month.

I find it amazing how out of touch some people are here. Also interesting how people are still shocked at these kind of numbers. This doesnt even include sponsorship deals where the real money will be. Imagine how valuable an asset these streamers are. To get concurrent 20k viewers, which are all specific target demographic.

TheDreadLord

Gold Member
When you make a lot of money, why not make even more money! I don't hate the player, I hate the simps. How can you donate your hard earned money to these people when they make these numbers, what's wrong with you then?
I agree. The issue is not the guy making or being offered loads of money. The issue is people being dumb enough and not realizing how silly is what they are putting their hard earned money in.

skit_data

You also say this about Hollywood actors, tv show hosts, youtube channels, athletes, etc?

When have scientists ever been more rewarded for their contributions than people in the entertainment industry?
I do that every day at home but I spare you guys

Kenpachii

It’s literally just a form of entertainment. Most people who watch/pay for a sub probably pay less per hour of viewing than normal people do for their netflix subscription each month.

I find it amazing how out of touch some people are here. Also interesting how people are still shocked at these kind of numbers. This doesnt even include sponsorship deals where the real money will be. Imagine how valuable an asset these streamers are. To get concurrent 20k viewers, which are all specific target demographic.

Out of touch people.

Star-Lord

You need to be "entertaining" and be able to win over the hearts of simps mainly (and have a lot of luck). Look at these numbers, that is of course ridiculous. But people get rich with stupid shit, nothing new there.

Entertaining is a rather subjective term. Half the streamers on Twitch are middle-aged men who live in their mothers basements, and the other half are pre-pubescent brats who have no life experience. I find neither one entertaining, yet people are still stupid/desperate/horny enough to pay them.

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte

The same goes for those groups too. But streamers are probably at the bottom of that group. Even a youtuber has to put in a lot of effort to make videos.

Tschumi

Hahaha asmongold is a gajillionaire and he still looks like that

I'm surprised robceedee or however he's called isn't on there, he makes a wee bit o' bank

Last edited:
Top Bottom