• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Will Be The Main Character In Spawn Reboot

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Jd2hQ9u.gif

I'm ready I guess

The armor in general was far cooler than most anything else in the movie.

How much are the Spawn comics selling nowadays? He must be niche as hell?

I've got all the swedish issues from the late nineties. Didn't last many years in Sweden before being cancelled. Also have the HBO series on DVD but only watched 1-2 episodes. Spawn really feels like a product of it's time.

Focusing on Twitch (why not Sam also?) and have it in a dark and gritty Seven-esque city with Spawn looming in the shadows could be cool though.

But McFarlane should put his energy towards making another Pearl Jam music video instead.

tbxp58w.gif

How much are the Spawn comics selling nowadays? He must be niche as hell?

I've got all the swedish issues from the late nineties. Didn't last many years in Sweden before being cancelled. Also have the HBO series on DVD but only watched 1-2 episodes. Spawn really feels like a product of it's time.

Focusing on Twitch (why not Sam also?) and have it in a dark and gritty Seven-esque city with Spawn looming in the shadows could be cool though.

But McFarlane should put his energy towards making another Pearl Jam music video instead.

tbxp58w.gif

15-20k per issue. It would be cancelled if it were a marvel or dc comic

Lord Fagan

Can't tell you how many times I cracked open a Spawn comic - itself the story of a biblical cosmic battle between good and evil among aliens, cyborgs and demons across the ages - thirsting for the third-person, human perspective of its universe via a bookish, plain clothes detective.

I doubt the movie's even happening anyway. This just seems like another attempt for Mcfarlane (who also has never had much experience making movies, let alone directing one) to get his name out there again.

Criminy, the last Spawn movie was 20 years ago. Twenty, years, ago.

I guess it really is well overdue for a gritty reboot. In retrospect, I kinda wish the original movie had taken off, just so I could be living in the world where Micheal Jai-White is an actual movie star, that'd be nice.

border

This isn't going to happen.

It's never going to be a thing

There is no "Spawn" reboot.

Do you think Blumhouse is just going to drop the project? McFarlane has talked about it for years, but this seems like the first time he's actually gotten a studio on board.

Da-Kid

Only 10 million? Hahaha.... Better go ask Netflix for some help. That's an abysmal budget for a Superhero movie.

Hex

Banned
I am glad that he is sticking with this.
When the last period of serious talk stirred up Sam and Twitch were supposed to be the center, with Spawn as pretty much a ghost, an urban legend and a boogey man.

This movie is never actually happening.

Ok, then you have no reason to be here and can go waste your negativity elsewhere.

Blumhouse has been stepping up in the horror business and would be happy to see them back something like Spawn.

The HBO series was probably the best spawn has ever been, hopefully he's depicted in the same manner.

McFarlane himself directing though? ehhhhhhh

cr0w

Old Member
Hopefully this makes all the action figures I have worth money..

If you have the later series (24 and on) they're actually surprisingly valuable. I paid $130 at one point for one of the rarer figures from series 31.

Top Bottom