• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitter has just banned Milo Yiannopoulos permanently

Status
Not open for further replies.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Someone at Twitter leaning back in their chair right now saying "job done" because they banned one high profile prick like that's solved their problem. That site is still an absolute cesspool.

Wait, he has a actually told his followers to raid people? Or straight up harass. I dont believe it's true, but fuck that if it is. That's not ok. Some of my friends really like this guy, have no real idea why.

Media

Sadly, Leslie and the people who were supporting her will get a shit ton more hate after he writes his attack article about being banned and his freedom of speech being taken away.

Kinsei

Banned
Wait, he has a actually told his followers to raid people? Or straight up harass. I dont believe it's true, but fuck that if it is. That's not ok. Some of my friends really like this guy, have no real idea why.

Yes it's true.

Your friends are racist, sexist, or both. That's why they like him.

Krejlooc

Banned
Whoa, I didn't know Leslie Jones was bullied off of twitter. She was upset a few days ago, but I didn't think she's leave the site.

Good for her. This prick shouldn't be on twitter.

I'm afraid they've really poked the beehive with this one. Is it possible they're going to take a more proactive approach to harassment?

MIMIC

Banned
Never heard of the man. But after reading about his activity, seems like he couldn't have been banned soon enough.

YeTLsx3.gif

good riddance

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Had no idea he was the one that started all of this shitstorm, does anyone have screenshots of what he told his followers?

Mortemis

Banned
I'm seriously surprised. Twitter... actually did something against harassment?

Hopefully this isn't a one off thing.

I only know him through his appearances on The Rubin Report, where I found myself disagreeing with everything he said yet somehow couldn't look away. He seemed to have the art of trolling down to a tee. I didn't get the impression he would troll someone for being a black woman though, deservedly banned if so.

Goodstyle

As a human being, he's actually a bit of a sad husk. The more you read about him, the more you see how empty he is as a person.

Sadly, Leslie and the people who were supporting her will get a shit ton more hate after he writes his attack article about being banned and his freedom of speech being taken away.

Would just his idiocy more given free speech does not apply to private entities. Then again, his base won't care about that fact.

Breads

Banned
Wait, how does an harasser even have a tech writing job at all? Why does he have any job for that matter?

He became the champion for Gamergate, anti PC, anti feminism, and pro Trump.

He is a draw for an audience looking for something to aim their hate at and he probably made millions doing it.

Nairume

Banned
Not only encouraged it but participated in it himself. Dude is human trash, and it doesn't speak well of those who "like" him.

Mully

Hopefully this has a domino affect and they trash lots of evil accounts.

No no no no no.

This is not how you handle people with horrible views. Pushing them away only validates their beliefs and solidifies their fan base further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom