• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitter has just banned Milo Yiannopoulos permanently

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinCow

Banned
I haven't heard of this guy, but he must be quite the scumbag to get banned on a site that doesn't ban people for stuff like sending death threats or calling black people monkeys.

No no no no no.

This is not how you handle people with horrible views. Pushing them away only validates their beliefs and solidifies their fan base further.

Nah. This is perfectly how you handle them. The reason GAF is so great is it doesn't tolerate garbage like Milo and his pawns.

Fury451

Banned
Someone at Twitter leaning back in their chair right now saying "job done" because they banned one high profile prick like that's solved their problem. That site is still an absolute cesspool.

Yep. It's nice they did something, but it's literally one person, and how long did it take to finally do something?

No no no no no.

This is not how you handle people with horrible views. Pushing them away only validates their beliefs and solidifies their fan base further.
We dont need diet-KKK misogynist zealots given an equal platform for harassing minorities either. They can go to hell.

Slayven

Should ahve been gone long ago. Twitter needs to do better.

MIlo is the worse of humanity, makes me wish karma was real.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
No no no no no.

How would you handle the accounts that harass minorities?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
No no no no no.

Yes, it's exactly how you handle these fuckers. Send them back into the fucking caves they came from.

The Kree

Banned
No no no no no.

They can all pool their resources and make their own social media platform from which to spew their hatred and bigotry. They can call it Shitter. I'm sure it'll take off.

No no no no no.

Who fucking cares. I'm done with these people. Done. If they are so fucking far up their own asses that they think being silenced for being an asshole is some kind persecution, they deserve to be silenced. They deserve to be ignored. Their "beliefs" are validated by every fucking thing that happens to them anyway. They need a reality check.

This is literally only possible because of the Internet. If these spineless degenerates said even half of what they say online IRL they'd get the shit beat out of them, and they would fucking deserve it.

No no no no no.

Wrong. People like Milo are best dealt with by being humiliated, shamed, and silenced.

Hell, if we consider the fact that people like Milo (including Milo himself) have been involved in spreading people's personal info and how that leads to swatting, I would say they deserve to have their lives put in actual danger. Maybe some actual fear for their lives will make them stop endangering others.

This took far too long and it's a drop in the bucket compared to the work Twitter has ahead of them if they actually want to do something about harassment

Media

Jeez, I tweeted TWO things, one at someone famous in support of Leslie, and retweeted twitters statement on why they banned Milo, and it's been non-stop notifications from accounts with names like LOL WHITE GENOCIDE for nearly an hour now.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
'please be tolerant of my intolerance'

fuck no. Let them burn.

Yes, it's exactly how you handle these fuckers. Send them back into the fucking caves they came from.

People need to stop with this bullshit narrative.

They can all pool their resources and make their own social media platform from which to spew their hatred and bigotry. They can call it Shitter. I'm sure it'll take off.

Who fucking cares. I'm done with these people. Done. If they are so fucking far up their own asses that they think being silenced for being an asshole is some kind persecution, they deserve to be silenced. They deserve to be ignored. Their "beliefs" are validated by every fucking thing that happens to them anyway. They need a reality check.

This is literally only possible because of the Internet. If these spineless degenerates said even half of what they say online IRL they'd get the shit beat out of them, and they would fucking deserve it.

Wrong. People like Milo are best dealt with by being humiliated, shamed, and silenced.
msty.gif

Fuck Milo, and fuck his supporters, none of them deserve a platform to spew their bullshit in anyway shape or form.

Corpekata

Banned
What is Matt Hardy saying? I'm quite confused.

He recently fought a wrestler that he calls Brother Nero in a match called the Final Deletion, and his current character won and "deleted" that Brother Nero. Nero is also Milo's twitter handle so he's taking credit for Twitter deleting Milo.

Good. God damn scum bag. I saw what was said to leslie jones and it was horrific. Im of the opinion that no ones political views should be silenced, and I still stand by that, but when you attack some with so much vitriol you deserve everything you get back

marrec

Banned
Milo has been a shitstain on Twitter for YEARS. Involved in and essential to the beginnings of Gamergate, as well as the continued spread of the Alt-Right movement on Twitter and Reddit.

All he does is lie.

He has no legitimate platform or speech, he is a vile person who lies in order to get people to abuse innocent folks. I was a target of his abuse, and many other no-name people on Twitter were as well. Zoe Quinn was a target of his abuse, and many other women in video gaming.

The only sour note to this otherwise FANTASTIC news is that he is being banned only now, after going after a well liked celebrity. He should have been banned 2 years ago.

Now go through his followers and ban all of them too. A public forum is not a place for encouragements of abuse and lies.

BiggNife

No no no no no.

Sorry, I strongly disagree. Taking away Milo's biggest soapbox takes away the most effective way to spread his toxic views, so I think this is a good thing.Twitter attracts way, waaaaay more people than Breitbart/8chan/KotakuInAction/etc.

Mully

Nah. This is perfectly how you handle them. The reason GAF is so great is it doesn't tolerate garbage like Milo and his pawns.

So you push them into louder echo chambers?

Frankly, I can appreciate when someone with a racist or ignorant view is cast out, but removing them from the conversation only leads these people into more radical groups.

At least when they're on Twitter, they're able to see other people's opinions without the ideological perspective that these echo chamber groups force onto their underlings.

It's not about tolerating shitty people's views, it's about stopping the cycle of hate groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom