• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitter Thinks That Laura Ingraham Made a Nazi Salute During the RNC

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...used-of-making-nazi-salute-during-rnc-w430193
That didn’t go over so well. Conservative political commentator and talk show host Laura Ingraham was accused of making what appeared to be a Nazi salute following her speech at the Republican National Convention held at the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland on Wednesday, July 20.

In GIFs created by the Twitterverse, Ingraham’s unfortunate stiff movement was isolated and shared by users.

“Um, anyone else catch Laura Ingraham's nazi salute?” one user tweeted, while another added along with a GIF of Ingraham: “Kind of a weird way for laura ingraham to end her speech.”

Gif isn't embedding at the moment for me so I just put the link above. If anyone can find a way to do it you can most certainly post it and save everyone a button click.

Edit: Thank you Guess Who.

Iksenpets

Banned
That is like perfectly calibrated to be just emphatic enough to get the blood running in all the alt-right goons but just quick enough to give her enough deniability that the media won't report it as absolute fact

Matty77

Damn, it's not just trump is it, they are actually trying to make Facism fashionable again. What fucking country am I living in? Year?

Prompto

Banned
The biggest news from this convention so far is Melania Trump plagiarizing a speech, Ted Cruz not endorsing Trump on stage, and someone doing a nazi salute.

What a mess

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Usually I think people read into these types of things what they want... however damn that's pretty much a Nazi salute even if she didn't mean it lol

I mean, I think she did. But I think she mostly did it just to see if she could make liberals freak out because that's sort of her thing. She's a professional troll.

Snaku

Banned
She played it off rather smooth until she did the pointing bit after the wave, yeah really not buying that's you meant to do.

I'm not saying she did it on purpose. I'm saying that I'm not convinced that anyone in the history of anything ever has done that on accident.

DrArchon

Incoming complaints about the liberal media making up things to try and make them look bad.

These people know exactly what they're doing (insert Rubio quote here).

She locks her other arm and stands at attention and pauses when doing it. Sure, people will parle it into an unfortunate wave or something, but people don't do that when waving.

It was intentional. And it's pathetic and gross. And the people who excuse it or play it off are pathetic and gross as well.

Holy shit. People actually think she was intentionally giving a Nazi salute? I mean, come on. I get that its funny to laugh at the perception, but get real people.

Was the salute towards Trump in the audience? Edit: I see it was. I think she was definitely doing that "I pledge allegiance to Donald" rally salute, which is only kind of a Nazi salute.

SJRB

Gold Member
Yeah I hate when I give a speech and I accidentally heil Hitler afterwards.

This is all kinds of fucked, how does something like that even happen? Good lord.

Holy shit. People actually think she was intentionally giving a Nazi salute? I mean, come on. I get that its funny to laugh at the perception, but get real people.

Why would I ever give Laura Ingraham (or anybody at that shitshow convention, for that matter) the benefit of the doubt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom