• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitter Thinks That Laura Ingraham Made a Nazi Salute During the RNC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cn2oCBcXEAABNhV.jpg

Wow lol. Her facial expression while making the gesture was so odd.

This doesn't bother me. It was clearly an accident. Every one of these republicans are asshats but she did not intend to do the nazi salute. That's just dumb.

I genuinely don't know how it's possible to accidentally lock your elbow, wrist, and digits into a perfectly straight position raised at ~45 degrees in a context (in-)appropriate scenario.

Unless you so regularly perform such a motion in such a context that it's second nature.

Monocle

This doesn't bother me. It was clearly an accident. Every one of these republicans are asshats but she did not intend to do the nazi salute. That's just dumb.
No, it was clearly intentional. Who accidently does a deliberate and controlled motion like that and then pauses for half a beat before starting to wave? Nobody does, that's who. There's not the slightest indication in her expression or movement that she had a slip-up. No physical "oops" moment like a flicker of expression or a waver in her arm.

Are you seeing something I'm not? What makes this clearly an accident?

No, it was clearly intentional. Who accidently does a deliberate and controlled motion like that and then pauses for half a beat before starting to wave? Nobody does, that's who. There's not the slightest indication in her expression or movement that she had a slip-up. No physical "oops" moment like a flicker of expression or a waver in her arm.

Are you seeing something I'm not? What makes this clearly an accident?

I don't see it, I think it's just how her manuvering started out and she wasn't conscious about it.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's within her character though, given where they are.

But that side picture does look kinda damning.

Budi

There's me spilling my hot coffee on someone by accident and just throwing my coffee in their face. In both cases my coffee burned the person, but the difference is intent. Her hand was in position similar to Nazi salute for a split second in a continuous motion, but her greeting of the crowd had nothing to do with Nazi ideology.

This is a case of "Look at that bitch eating her crackers like she owns the place".
I don't know the lady, first time I've heard of her. Thanks for that GAF. But as she is a republican and more importantly a Trump supporter, I'm certain there's much to not like about her. But it's really dumb to think that she would be doing Nazi salutes in a public event, why would she give such ammunition to the other side on purpose. There's a lot of openly racist Trump supporters and they don't need to hide it. She needs to hide her possible racism.

To someone who is not american and doesn't follow this in great detail. These "she is a nazi!" reactions just make people seem delusional or grasping at straws since there isn't anything concrete to criticize. I'm sure there is, but I'm not hearing it over this nonsense. You just make yourself seem bad, not her.

Laura Ingraham has always been filthy human garbage, nasty to the core, for those who have never heard of her and want to think this was accidental. She's a vile person who spends hours a day spreading hatred. Clearly this was 100% intentional, a *wink wink* to the nasty nationalist base, while also an opportunity to play the victim when called out on it, consistent with her human garbage-ness. Makes me want to vomit how these people, who do nothing but spread dishonest vitriol all day, are given these platforms, admired, and cheered.

Laura does nothing but make the world a worse place, and you people with all the "well, I dunno.." excuses when these people have shown a very consistent history of this kind of behavior are exactly the problem.

Sushi Nao

Everyone making excuses for this is exactly why you're getting Trump now. If you actually called this bullshit out when you started seeing it rather than this waffling apologism, it never would have got this far.

If you meekly legitimize hate speech as politics as usual, extremists will take advantage. And, even if you say you're not a Trump fan, not recognizing this for what it is becomes an implicit and insidious endorsement.

There is no doubt she's a horrible person, but it doesn't seem like a deliberate Nazi salute (though I could be convinced she was hoping it would be interpreted like that, so she could mock her critics).

Eh, if you watch when she comes out she does a similarly awkward wave. Although it's a bit higher than head level she does the "straight arm into wave into pointing at people" thing.

Video of her walking out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom