• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two new HALO 2 Screenshots

Sai

26258.jpg

26259.jpg

Looks great.

Sai

For those of you curious about that effect:

Joe Staten is very pleased with a new technique he's incorporating into cinemas for the game. Thanks to some code-wizardry, he's able to render a camera-image to a texture,. In this case, it was a view of an epic conflict through a window of a human ship. Joe says the engineers claim the technique can be applied to any surface, and one programmer told him he could do it on a biped. So, like, we could display an entire cinematic on a Grunt's eyeball!

Anyway, the point is that instead of flat-looking video outside the window, or on a video screen, we'll be able to show the actual, alternate 3D scene.

What was the dramatic scene in question? Well, Parsons calls it a pant-filler, I personally would call it a diaper-bulger..

Hehe, that's from the April 16th Bungie Update. I immediately thought of that when I saw the Sniper Rifle in that screenie.

[EDIT] - Actually, that might not be the same thing since he's talking about pre-recorded video onto a texture... Oh well.

Joe

whatever it is it looks really cool. i remember reading something about the weather in the game that they were working on. did they ever mention that they would use weather in multiplayer matches? because in that second shot it looks like it might down pour and that would be cool as hell.

GhaleonEB

Sai said:
For those of you curious about that effect:

Hehe, that's from the April 16th Bungie Update. I immediately thought of that when I saw the Sniper Rifle in that screenie.

[EDIT] - Actually, that might not be the same thing since he's talking about pre-recorded video onto a texture... Oh well.

No, I think that is what he's talking about. He's talking about taking a scene and rendering it onto a texture - like a TV screen or monitor. Just like the view scope - it's rendering the scene onto the back of the rifle.

Either way, it looks simply amazing.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
gorgeous. really atmospheric. love the sky. but i'm totally sick of halo 2 screenshots and elliptical halo 2 development updates and hysterical halo 2 impressions. how long has it been since this game was unveiled? i'm with maf. i just want the fucking game at this point.

shpankey

not an idiot
Fucking amazing art!

Schafer said:
Whoa, you can see through the scope without zooming in. Neat touch.

Now that they've shown that, expect it to be stolen by at least 10 FPS, as publishers rush back to devs and demand they add it in their games.

epmode

drohne said:
gorgeous. really atmospheric. love the sky. but i'm totally sick of halo 2 screenshots and elliptical halo 2 development updates and hysterical halo 2 impressions. how long has it been since this game was unveiled? i'm with maf. i just want the fucking game at this point.
i feel the same way about half-life 2. at least this game has a concrete release date and no pending lawsuits.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Bluemercury said:
HL2 will destroy H2.......i think in preety much all areas....

except for....

fun
story
multi-player
co-op
vehicle implementation
gun balance
balancing in general
sound

hrm

*scratches head*

DopeyFish said:
except for....

fun
story
multi-player
co-op
vehicle implementation
gun balance
balancing in general
sound

hrm

*scratches head*

You're kidding right?

HL2 will pretty much own is those areas, plus this one you can dream about having it in H2,
MODS.......

teepo

DopeyFish said:
except for....

fun
story
multi-player
co-op
vehicle implementation
gun balance
balancing in general
sound

hrm

*scratches head*

wtf are you smoking?

and just to let you know, halflife2 is very very vechile heavy. most will be surprised how much time they'll spend in them.

teepo said:
wtf are you smoking?

and just to let you know, halflife2 is very very vechile heavy. most will be surprised how much time they'll spend in them.

Exactly, for some reason there are already two Roadwarrior based mods.....

GhaleonEB

DopeyFish said:
except for....

fun
story
multi-player
co-op
vehicle implementation
gun balance
balancing in general
sound

hrm

*scratches head*

Bluemercury said:
You're kidding right?

HL2 will pretty much own is those areas, plus this one you can dream about having it in H2,
MODS.......

20020923l.jpg

STOP IT

shpankey

not an idiot
stop polarizing them... they will both surely kick ass. please try to keep yourself from making this into a pissing match about opinions on two games that neither are even out yet, yet somehow you all *KNOW* for a fact which is sooo much better in all these areas.

just stfu already, none of you know shit because none of you have played both games to their full extent, so none of you really fucking know dick. and both games will probably kick ass in their own ways anyhow. which one will be better in any regard will be entirely subjective anyhow.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Bungie vs. Valve EX Super Turbo Deluxe II Hyper-First Person Edition

Top Bottom