• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two new Modern Warfare 3 screenshots

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
That second shot is a very touched up screenshot. It's beyond a bullshot.

Nothing I saw from E3 made me very excited about MW3...

Anteater

[Nintex] said:
looks okay-ish but there's not enough going on in the background. It's not epic or immersive enough so let me fix that for you.

http://i.imgur.com/OVlnp.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Still looks too bland, let me contribute. Fixed the water for everyone

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/v9fO9.jpg

Pein

Banned
I think it looks good, not the best out there but alot of games also don't do 60fps. Its gonna look great maxed out on my pc. 1080p and loads of AA, is gonna make it look dope.

If we can get back to CoD4 map quality then my body is ready. If not...meh.

I think the more urban settings bode well for that though. Being able to get away from the russia/middle eastern settings and to some New York/Paris/Etc designs should make for some awesome MP.

Kydd BlaZe

Looking pretty damn good to me.

But you know....it's pretty cool to hate on Call of Duty these days so all of the nitpicking is expected -______-

At any rate...Day 1 as usual.

Dark FaZe said:
If we can get back to CoD4 map quality then my body is ready. If not...meh.

I think the more urban settings bode well for that though. Being able to get away from the russia/middle eastern settings and to some New York/Paris/Etc designs should make for some awesome MP.
Yeah, Favella was really different and maybe the best map in MW2.

Akainu

[Nintex] said:
looks okay-ish but there's not enough going on in the background. It's not epic or immersive enough so let me fix that for you.

OVlnp.jpg
Needs an American flag in the back ground.

ultron87

Guys! It looks somewhat similar to other Call of Duty games!

I'm pretty sure no one else has said such a statement! I'm first! Me!

Too bad this will have the same dumbed down gameplay that this gen of shooters will become known for. All to appease the ADHD twitch crowd.

Every game has to be a 80's action movie.

Im bored of FPS games so I'll probably pass on MW3 but I still think the OP's screenshots look good. I hope MW3 has the variety that MW2 had (riot shields, re-stocking explosives in game, weapon attachment flexibility).
Black Ops excluded a lot of that stuff in the pursuit of balance, and the online was boring as hell because of it.

Anteater said:
Still looks too bland, let me contribute. Fixed the water for everyone

v9fO9.jpg

Seriously, someone please photoshop a NON-blurry Godzilla into the original image. I think it would actually look cool with him there.

Sealda

Banned
Water looks terrible. Everything looks terrible, it looks so damn fake. No immersion and it does not look at all like its real. The same way, the Washington maps in the last MW looked just too damn artificial.

Anteater

:lol holy shit at that huge godzilla

Edit: Sorry if those posts felt off topic, but I think we're on the discussion of graphics, so I thought it'd be appropriate when people talk about graphics and nitpicking it.

I think the original looks great though, I thought the last couple call of duty looked good too, while the water looks flat or whatever in those shots, which doesn't bother me, everything else looks pretty fine to me, especially the modeling, considering this is a 60fps console game, the lack of post processing, shadows and lighting isn't really that bad, and I think the artstyle isn't as bad as some of the games with heavy use of blur/bloom.

Marleyman

Banned
For what they make off this behemoth it should be a foregone conclusion that the engine is in dire need of an upgrade and it would be done for this title. From what I have seen and read though, that isn't happening, which is a joke.

Deadbeat

Banned
Fezan said:
Modern Warfare needs Modern engine
So its got tons of worthless motion blur and bloom? I rather have a clean looking game with none of the fluff.
_Alkaline_ said:
There's some prevelant myth on GAF that Call of Duty games are actually bad games.
Its just they went all screwey loopy with the story and gameplay.

Marleyman

Banned
_Alkaline_ said:
There's some prevelant myth on GAF that Call of Duty games are actually bad games.

You are dealing with people who drool over the latest redux JRPG that is coming out; you have to just deal with it.

Deadbeat

Banned
vaelic said:
Sorry, BF3 will stomp all over this
In what way? graphically? Sure. Nothing more satisfying than playing a game with a shitload of post processing effects smeared all over my screen to represent a new engine and its advanced graphical capabilities. Gameplay? Every new video shows bf3 is catering more to the cod audience than trying to be a battlefield game. Imitation is never as good as the real thing. Sales? cod will destroy it.

At the end of the day all that matters for companies is sales. Cod is still king.

Draft

Haters gonna hate. I really dig this Clancy style end of the world scenario that Modern Warfare's been building over the last couple games. Fighting on the ruined flotilla of the Atlantic fleet with the smoldering ruins of NYC in the background? Come on, it's fucking crazy.

Fezan

Deadbeat said:
So its got tons of worthless motion blur and bloom? I rather have a clean looking game with none of the fluff.

Its just they went all screwey loopy with the story and gameplay.
I actually love all cod games....and play just there single player.But the truth is that their gfx are average.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
Deadbeat said:

Agreed. You know what I also hate? Textures. That's just too much fluff. And animation, games looked so much cleaner without animation muddling things up.

Marleyman

Banned
Deadbeat said:
In what way? graphically? Sure. Nothing more satisfying than playing a game with a shitload of post processing effects smeared all over my screen to represent a new engine and its advanced graphical capabilities. Gameplay? Every new video shows bf3 is catering more to the cod audience than trying to be a battlefield game. Imitation is never as good as the real thing. Sales? cod will destroy it.

The multiplayer isn't catering to COD at all; maybe the SP but the MP is MUCH different then the fast paced, twitchy gameplay of COD. BF is more of a strategic FPS with the different classes and ways to play. Destructible environments change the way you play; there is no denying that. Can't forget about vehicles; BF has tanks, choppers, jets, atv's, boats, etc for MP; COD has none.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
err, where are the nukes? seriously... if they're not going to up the ante they shouldn't even bother releasing the game.

Marleyman

Banned
Draft said:
Haters gonna hate. I really dig this Clancy style end of the world scenario that Modern Warfare's been building over the last couple games. Fighting on the ruined flotilla of the Atlantic fleet with the smoldering ruins of NYC in the background? Come on, it's fucking crazy.

I dig it as well and will get it just to experience the insanity of SP.

Deadbeat

Banned
Alien Bob said:
Agreed. You know what I also hate? Textures. That's just too much fluff. And animation, games looked so much cleaner without animation muddling things up.
You cant change the ram limitation of consoles for the texture problem. That will be the downfall for all console games.

danmaku

Marleyman said:
You are dealing with people who drool over the latest redux JRPG that is coming out; you have to just deal with it.

yeah, let's fight stereotypes with more stereotypes, this will help!

Top Bottom